So this just happened overnight

dad2noah

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
16days after a best buy purchase. Please tell me they won't give me a hard time when I go back to get a new one. View attachment 225474

Edit... It appears you can't see it in the screenshot.... But a solid green line right down the center of the phone

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 432.jpg
    432.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 762

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Really, I can't see it. But you've got a warranty for a year. This 14 day return thing is total B. S. What good is spending many hundreds of dollars on a product that no retailers back up? I'm having the same problem with verizon. Im a 24 year customer, 5lines, always bought my phones through them thinking that if something happens, they'll back me up. WRONG. I had no issues for the first 2 weeks, then my brand new galaxy S7 edge just didn't want to connect to data any more. Verizon technical support did a great job at helping me out. They tried everything including factory resets, new sim card. It just wouldn't work. So they determined it was a faulty phone. They said "we're sending you another phone as good as new" . NO FREEKING WAY. I. paid for a new phone. You want to send me a rephurb? Then you owe me some cash . They gave me the 14 day exchange crap. I explained to them that the 14 day exchange period, is for someone that doesn't like the phone they bought and want something else, not for a defective product. Well, im so frustrated, that I sold the phone to a local electronic repair shop, took the hit, and from now on I'll buy through either swappa or ebay where, at least , if you get a lemon, youve got ebay buyer protection. AND IT WORKS. so as my contracts run out at verizon, im slowly changing over to T-mobile. I realize that their policy is the same, but im going to buy my phones first. NEVER BUY AT A CARRIER. In dying to know how you make out. PLEASE keep us posted. Dont accept bull****. Good luck.

Posted via Android Central App

nyc

Jan 11, 2016
Visit site
Really, I can't see it. But you've got a warranty for a year. This 14 day return thing is total B. S. What good is spending many hundreds of dollars on a product that no retailers back up? I'm having the same problem with verizon. Im a 24 year customer, 5lines, always bought my phones through them thinking that if something happens, they'll back me up. WRONG. I had no issues for the first 2 weeks, then my brand new galaxy S7 edge just didn't want to connect to data any more. Verizon technical support did a great job at helping me out. They tried everything including factory resets, new sim card. It just wouldn't work. So they determined it was a faulty phone. They said "we're sending you another phone as good as new" . NO FREEKING WAY. I. paid for a new phone. You want to send me a rephurb? Then you owe me some cash . They gave me the 14 day exchange crap. I explained to them that the 14 day exchange period, is for someone that doesn't like the phone they bought and want something else, not for a defective product. Well, im so frustrated, that I sold the phone to a local electronic repair shop, took the hit, and from now on I'll buy through either swappa or ebay where, at least , if you get a lemon, youve got ebay buyer protection. AND IT WORKS. so as my contracts run out at verizon, im slowly changing over to T-mobile. I realize that their policy is the same, but im going to buy my phones first. NEVER BUY AT A CARRIER. In dying to know how you make out. PLEASE keep us posted. Dont accept bull****. Good luck.

Posted via Android Central App

Replacement phones are always that way. Apple does the same thing.

JF2014

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
Replacement phones are always that way. Apple does the same thing.

So does the manufacturer of your computer, home appliances and car. Warranty never implies unlimited replacements with new units. Nor does it claim or purport to do so.

anon(79257)

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site
So does the manufacturer of your computer, home appliances and car. Warranty never implies unlimited replacements with new units. Nor does it claim or purport to do so.

Defective is defective. If they don't replace it, how is that good business for them? I've had this issue with a Samsung television about 8yrs ago. Can't see in the photo that there is an issue, but by op's description it seems like bad display panel.

anon(79257)

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site
16days after a best buy purchase. Please tell me they won't give me a hard time when I go back to get a new one. View attachment 225474

Edit... It appears you can't see it in the screenshot.... But a solid green line right down the center of the phone

looks like you did a screenshot. You need to take an actual photograph of the problem. Screenshot will just show what is displayed on screen...

nocaldawg

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
Best Buy won't be able to help you. Verizon won't let them and they won't help you beyond a beautiful new refurbished unit. Sucks, but this is basically everyone's standard now. Pathetic, yes..... Surprising, no.

ogio

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Who's your carrier?
I bought a phone at best buy, and Verizon pre sent me a replacement due to warranty issue. And i had no insurance.
Try your carrier.

digitalbreak

Trusted Member
Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Usually, if it is a defective device due to hardware issue, the carrier should be able to help you. I have dealt with such issues with ATT. Not sure about Verizon though.

I wouldnt rule out taking to Best Buy Samsung center and seek their help as well.

JF2014

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
Defective is defective. If they don't replace it, how is that good business for them? I've had this issue with a Samsung television about 8yrs ago. Can't see in the photo that there is an issue, but by op's description it seems like bad display panel.

Defective is defective, but warranty for manufacturer defects doesn't promise replacement with a brand new unit. It explicitly states that the manufacturer will repair or replace the unit, at their discretion. Is it unfair to send in a defective unit with 16 days use, and receive a refurbished unit with 16 days use in return, or have your unit repaired and returned? 14 day (or in some cases 30 day) return policies are extremely generous on the part of any manufacturer, really.

TJA3500

Mar 17, 2016
Visit site
Once you accept delivery of your phone and activate it, it is considered a used device. That's why they can send you used device as a replacement.
If someone took your 1 day old phone and broke it on purpose, legally they would only owe you the value of a used phone. Not the replacement cost of a brand new one.

Paul Meekin

Mar 26, 2016
Visit site
Regarding the original post I'm very curious to hear what happens. My month old S7 Edge slipped out of my pocket and dropped (gently) onto a carpeted wooden floor. When I picked it up I had a clump of stuck pixels and horizontal white line. Tried a factory reset just in case but they were stuck, including on the AOD. I took it back to Vodafone expecting either a refurb or outright dismissal.

A week later I got the phone back all fixed. The engineer note claimed to have done a reset and installed the latest software but it was the same level as before. I checked the IMEI and it was the same phone.

I'd have sworn it was a screen fault but somehow they reckon they repaired it through software.

anon(79257)

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site
Defective is defective, but warranty for manufacturer defects doesn't promise replacement with a brand new unit. It explicitly states that the manufacturer will repair or replace the unit, at their discretion. Is it unfair to send in a defective unit with 16 days use, and receive a refurbished unit with 16 days use in return, or have your unit repaired and returned? 14 day (or in some cases 30 day) return policies are extremely generous on the part of any manufacturer, really.

I really wasn't referring to 'new' units. I was referring to 'replacement'. Repair is an option, but with phones if they don't offer a loaner...that's a crappy warranty policy if it is indeed a manufacturing defect.

dad2noah

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Just a quick update, I had to send my phone to Samsung in Texas. They have a feature where you go to the website to track the status of the repair. They had to replace the screen. I noticed it was completed on Thursday and hadn't been shipped. I called Friday, then Monday, then Tuesday, asking why it was fixed and sitting on the counter somewhere. Getting the run around the whole time. Finally it was sent back, all fixed. The $30 screen invisishield protector I had on it was not replaced by samsung. Not up to them to replace it they said. All and all, very disappointing customer service by Samsung. Multi billion dollar company, and they cant replace a screen protector. And updates on why my phone wasn't shipped after it was fixed were non existant.

ded1945

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
Multi billion dollar company, and they cant replace a screen protector.
So Samsung should carry every vendor's screen protectors so that no matter who sends in a phone they have the screen protector in stock? C'mon! Very unrealistic to expect that of anyone!

dad2noah

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
So Samsung should carry every vendor's screen protectors so that no matter who sends in a phone they have the screen protector in stock? C'mon! Very unrealistic to expect that of anyone!

How about a check for $30...or a store credit...or a money order....might I remind you the phone was 15 days old...15

Last edited by a moderator:

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Don't they tell you what to send in? I. E. Phone only with no accessories?
In any event, even if they didn't, why would you send in a part that wasn't sold with the phone?

You should have removed it before sending it in.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey