05-25-2016 07:00 PM
56 123
tools
    16days after a best buy purchase. Please tell me they won't give me a hard time when I go back to get a new one. Attachment 225474

Edit... It appears you can't see it in the screenshot.... But a solid green line right down the center of the phone

Posted via the Android Central App
    Attached Thumbnails So this just happened overnight-432.jpg  
    04-24-2016 03:57 AM
    Really, I can't see it. But you've got a warranty for a year. This 14 day return thing is total B. S. What good is spending many hundreds of dollars on a product that no retailers back up? I'm having the same problem with verizon. Im a 24 year customer, 5lines, always bought my phones through them thinking that if something happens, they'll back me up. WRONG. I had no issues for the first 2 weeks, then my brand new galaxy S7 edge just didn't want to connect to data any more. Verizon technical support did a great job at helping me out. They tried everything including factory resets, new sim card. It just wouldn't work. So they determined it was a faulty phone. They said "we're sending you another phone as good as new" . NO FREEKING WAY. I. paid for a new phone. You want to send me a rephurb? Then you owe me some cash . They gave me the 14 day exchange crap. I explained to them that the 14 day exchange period, is for someone that doesn't like the phone they bought and want something else, not for a defective product. Well, im so frustrated, that I sold the phone to a local electronic repair shop, took the hit, and from now on I'll buy through either swappa or ebay where, at least , if you get a lemon, youve got ebay buyer protection. AND IT WORKS. so as my contracts run out at verizon, im slowly changing over to T-mobile. I realize that their policy is the same, but im going to buy my phones first. NEVER BUY AT A CARRIER. In dying to know how you make out. PLEASE keep us posted. Dont accept bull****. Good luck.

Posted via Android Central App
    johnny8410 likes this.
    04-24-2016 06:46 AM
    Really, I can't see it. But you've got a warranty for a year. This 14 day return thing is total B. S. What good is spending many hundreds of dollars on a product that no retailers back up? I'm having the same problem with verizon. Im a 24 year customer, 5lines, always bought my phones through them thinking that if something happens, they'll back me up. WRONG. I had no issues for the first 2 weeks, then my brand new galaxy S7 edge just didn't want to connect to data any more. Verizon technical support did a great job at helping me out. They tried everything including factory resets, new sim card. It just wouldn't work. So they determined it was a faulty phone. They said "we're sending you another phone as good as new" . NO FREEKING WAY. I. paid for a new phone. You want to send me a rephurb? Then you owe me some cash . They gave me the 14 day exchange crap. I explained to them that the 14 day exchange period, is for someone that doesn't like the phone they bought and want something else, not for a defective product. Well, im so frustrated, that I sold the phone to a local electronic repair shop, took the hit, and from now on I'll buy through either swappa or ebay where, at least , if you get a lemon, youve got ebay buyer protection. AND IT WORKS. so as my contracts run out at verizon, im slowly changing over to T-mobile. I realize that their policy is the same, but im going to buy my phones first. NEVER BUY AT A CARRIER. In dying to know how you make out. PLEASE keep us posted. Dont accept bull****. Good luck.

Replacement phones are always that way. Apple does the same thing.

04-24-2016 07:50 AM
    Replacement phones are always that way. Apple does the same thing.

So does the manufacturer of your computer, home appliances and car. Warranty never implies unlimited replacements with new units. Nor does it claim or purport to do so.
    Aquila likes this.
    04-24-2016 08:59 PM
    So does the manufacturer of your computer, home appliances and car. Warranty never implies unlimited replacements with new units. Nor does it claim or purport to do so.
    Defective is defective. If they don't replace it, how is that good business for them? I've had this issue with a Samsung television about 8yrs ago. Can't see in the photo that there is an issue, but by op's description it seems like bad display panel.
    04-24-2016 09:07 PM
    16days after a best buy purchase. Please tell me they won't give me a hard time when I go back to get a new one. Attachment 225474

Edit... It appears you can't see it in the screenshot.... But a solid green line right down the center of the phone

looks like you did a screenshot. You need to take an actual photograph of the problem. Screenshot will just show what is displayed on screen...
    04-24-2016 09:12 PM
    Best Buy won't be able to help you. Verizon won't let them and they won't help you beyond a beautiful new refurbished unit. Sucks, but this is basically everyone's standard now. Pathetic, yes..... Surprising, no.

04-24-2016 09:14 PM
    Who's your carrier?
    I bought a phone at best buy, and Verizon pre sent me a replacement due to warranty issue. And i had no insurance.
    Try your carrier.
    04-24-2016 09:31 PM
    Usually, if it is a defective device due to hardware issue, the carrier should be able to help you. I have dealt with such issues with ATT. Not sure about Verizon though.

I wouldnt rule out taking to Best Buy Samsung center and seek their help as well.

04-25-2016 12:47 AM
    Just FYI the OP has Sprint (says so at the top left of his phone in the screenshot) .
    Scutley and Bag of Leaves like this.
    04-25-2016 09:39 AM

That means it is 100% a hardware problem with the display panel. You should have no issues getting a replacement.
    Aquila, Laura Knotek and Almeuit like this.
    04-25-2016 05:29 PM
    Defective is defective. If they don't replace it, how is that good business for them? I've had this issue with a Samsung television about 8yrs ago. Can't see in the photo that there is an issue, but by op's description it seems like bad display panel.
    Defective is defective, but warranty for manufacturer defects doesn't promise replacement with a brand new unit. It explicitly states that the manufacturer will repair or replace the unit, at their discretion. Is it unfair to send in a defective unit with 16 days use, and receive a refurbished unit with 16 days use in return, or have your unit repaired and returned? 14 day (or in some cases 30 day) return policies are extremely generous on the part of any manufacturer, really.
    teg10 likes this.
    04-25-2016 08:03 PM
    Once you accept delivery of your phone and activate it, it is considered a used device. That's why they can send you used device as a replacement.
    If someone took your 1 day old phone and broke it on purpose, legally they would only owe you the value of a used phone. Not the replacement cost of a brand new one.
    04-25-2016 09:09 PM
    Regarding the original post I'm very curious to hear what happens. My month old S7 Edge slipped out of my pocket and dropped (gently) onto a carpeted wooden floor. When I picked it up I had a clump of stuck pixels and horizontal white line. Tried a factory reset just in case but they were stuck, including on the AOD. I took it back to Vodafone expecting either a refurb or outright dismissal.

A week later I got the phone back all fixed. The engineer note claimed to have done a reset and installed the latest software but it was the same level as before. I checked the IMEI and it was the same phone.

I'd have sworn it was a screen fault but somehow they reckon they repaired it through software.
    04-26-2016 10:13 AM
    Defective is defective, but warranty for manufacturer defects doesn't promise replacement with a brand new unit. It explicitly states that the manufacturer will repair or replace the unit, at their discretion. Is it unfair to send in a defective unit with 16 days use, and receive a refurbished unit with 16 days use in return, or have your unit repaired and returned? 14 day (or in some cases 30 day) return policies are extremely generous on the part of any manufacturer, really.
    I really wasn't referring to 'new' units. I was referring to 'replacement'. Repair is an option, but with phones if they don't offer a loaner...that's a crappy warranty policy if it is indeed a manufacturing defect.
    04-26-2016 07:56 PM
    Just a quick update, I had to send my phone to Samsung in Texas. They have a feature where you go to the website to track the status of the repair. They had to replace the screen. I noticed it was completed on Thursday and hadn't been shipped. I called Friday, then Monday, then Tuesday, asking why it was fixed and sitting on the counter somewhere. Getting the run around the whole time. Finally it was sent back, all fixed. The $30 screen invisishield protector I had on it was not replaced by samsung. Not up to them to replace it they said. All and all, very disappointing customer service by Samsung. Multi billion dollar company, and they cant replace a screen protector. And updates on why my phone wasn't shipped after it was fixed were non existant.
    05-22-2016 08:32 PM
    Multi billion dollar company, and they cant replace a screen protector.
    So Samsung should carry every vendor's screen protectors so that no matter who sends in a phone they have the screen protector in stock? C'mon! Very unrealistic to expect that of anyone!
    05-22-2016 08:59 PM
    So Samsung should carry every vendor's screen protectors so that no matter who sends in a phone they have the screen protector in stock? C'mon! Very unrealistic to expect that of anyone!
    How about a check for $30...or a store credit...or a money order....might I remind you the phone was 15 days old...15

05-22-2016 09:31 PM
    How about a check for $30...or a store credit...or a money order....might I remind you the phone was 15 days old...15

Not even Apple will replace a screen protector when you have the screen replaced. It's your responsibility.
    05-22-2016 09:51 PM
    Don't they tell you what to send in? I. E. Phone only with no accessories?
    In any event, even if they didn't, why would you send in a part that wasn't sold with the phone?

You should have removed it before sending it in.
    wlonsdale and Laura Knotek like this.
    05-22-2016 11:26 PM

You must have missed reading the warranty brochure...

So this just happened overnight-uploadfromtaptalk1463977760839.jpgSo this just happened overnight-uploadfromtaptalk1463977767946.jpg

So this just happened overnight-uploadfromtaptalk1463977836462.jpg

This is pretty standard for smartphones, and consumer merchandise in general.
    wlonsdale and Laura Knotek like this.
    05-22-2016 11:30 PM
    Samsung warranty page lists this:

So this just happened overnight-screen-shot-2016-05-22-10.32.43-pm.jpg

It's on this page:
    Warranty Information | SUPPORT under the mobile phone repair section.
    05-22-2016 11:34 PM
    In any event, even if they didn't, why would you send in a part that wasn't sold with the phone?

What good would removing it do? Once you peel it off, it's junk.
    And at least if it could have been repaired without replacing the screen, I'd still have it on there. Slim chance vs no chance...I'll take the slim.

Look, I know they won't do anything about the screen protector. I get it. All I'm saying is that it's bad business practice. I can see if I was sending it in because of something I did to break the phone. But obviously this was a manufacturer defect all the way. I spent $30 to protect a $700 investment, and Samsung can't be bothered to replace it.

05-23-2016 02:44 AM

I had to send a Moto X Pure Edition for repair/replacement under warranty. My instructions in the RMA email authorization specifically stated that any accessories (case, SD card, screen protector) needed to be removed prior to sending the device to the service center.
    05-23-2016 02:54 AM
    Is your phone brand new? The answer is NO its not its 2 weeks old I never saw what the fuss was all about with the refurbished phones
    05-23-2016 02:59 AM
56 123