04-29-2016 01:59 PM
38 12
tools
    I know this is an S7 forum, but hopefully some of you can learn from my mistake...

Sony Xperia Z3v, with a generic TPU case. I killed it after ~36 days. Had it firmly in my grasp, so it wasn't a drop at all. I was rushing off to work after dropping my kids off at school. I stumbled a little on some concrete stairs, with phone in my hand I reached out to brace myself and BAM... No more phone. The glass shattered and the chassis bent a little too. I am 200 pounds.

It still charges and "works"... its just the touch screen thats toast. I keep it simply because I don't know how to dispose of it. It still has all my personal information on it. Some day I might try and DIY repair it.

04-26-2016 11:31 AM
    I usually drop my phone 3 or 4 times a week, that why I use a case. It's usually getting knocked off a table, or being places on a uneven surface, or dropped during hand-off between people, etc. That being said, I've never broken it because I use a case.
    04-26-2016 01:08 PM
    Fun video, but I have to be skeptical of everything square trade shows because they are trying to sell me insurance.
    04-26-2016 01:34 PM
    I have always owned an Android phone and have always been on Verizon. I have the S7 Edge right now. Prior to this phone the last screen I broke was on the HTC Thunderbolt using it to balance a flat screen TV mount.

I recent cracked my S7 Edge, which was in a Venaa Case that I got from Amazon. I literally flipped my phone over on to my work desk. The phone may have dropped 2-3 inches and when I flipped it over there was a crack that developed from the right side of the finger print scanner to the left of the screen about 1/2 the way up the screen. It was just a single line crack, but I could not believe that the screen would crack from a flimsy drop.

I have Asurion for phone insurance and the deductible was $199. I did not want to pay that for a refurbished phone, but I placed the claim and the phone was on back order. The damage occurred on Sunday and I put in the claim and I received my replacement phone today and it was a brand new phone. Came in the Samsung box and everything. Needless to say that even though there are no tempered classes that work well with this phone, i am putting a regular screen protector on this phone after the small drop this phone suffered.
    04-26-2016 09:05 PM
    I handle all kinds of customer phones daily, so I see the condition of their screens on a daily basis and have for years now.

If I had a dime for every cracked broken IPhone screen I have come across. Several per DAY.

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-26-2016 11:22 PM
    I have always owned an Android phone and have always been on Verizon. I have the S7 Edge right now. Prior to this phone the last screen I broke was on the HTC Thunderbolt using it to balance a flat screen TV mount.

I recent cracked my S7 Edge, which was in a Venaa Case that I got from Amazon. I literally flipped my phone over on to my work desk. The phone may have dropped 2-3 inches and when I flipped it over there was a crack that developed from the right side of the finger print scanner to the left of the screen about 1/2 the way up the screen. It was just a single line crack, but I could not believe that the screen would crack from a flimsy drop.

I have Asurion for phone insurance and the deductible was $199. I did not want to pay that for a refurbished phone, but I placed the claim and the phone was on back order. The damage occurred on Sunday and I put in the claim and I received my replacement phone today and it was a brand new phone. Came in the Samsung box and everything. Needless to say that even though there are no tempered classes that work well with this phone, i am putting a regular screen protector on this phone after the small drop this phone suffered.
    Did Verizon handle the claim or did you have to call Asurion yourself to file a claim?
    What insurance plan do you have, $7, $9, or the $11?
    04-27-2016 02:09 AM
    I had the phone in my baggy gym shorts and just squated down to get something and when I took my phone out the screen was cracked from one end to the other! Kills me cuz I'm so careful with this phone and by just having it in my pocket it cracked! Gonna cost half the price of the phone to replace the screen and I'm sure it won't be as good as new....

04-27-2016 03:45 AM
    My samsung galaxy S3 felled on the flor like 3 times. But never got more damage than when i carried it on the same poket where i had some euro coins.
    04-27-2016 05:35 AM
    Z3 was the only phone I ever had crack on me. It was in my back pocket, and I sat on a stool and it must've been at an awkward angle & slightly bent and it just shattered from the corner in about 12 places right across the screen.

I did recently buy a skin for my S7E, but, even with it on, lost my bottle and put my Spigen case back on after 2 days. It's worse if you've used a case from the get go. Taking it off the S7E makes the naked phone feels like a gust of wind would kill it.
    04-27-2016 06:38 AM
    My new case. Yes that is real wood. How do you normally crack/break screen?-uploadfromtaptalk1461757598557.jpg
    teeitupmo#WN likes this.
    04-27-2016 06:46 AM
    Another concrete story here. While doing a tour of a building I had my T-Mobile G1 in my pocket and while going up the concrete stairs the phone fell out and landed face down on one of the platforms between stairs. When I picked it up the screen was broken into tiny little chunks. Started using screen protectors and cases after that incident. Haven't broken one since but I have stopped using screen protectors.Cases work fine for drop protection and the latest gorilla glass seems to be impervious to scratches.
    04-27-2016 10:34 PM
    I had my S7 less than 2 weeks when I discovered a crack in the center of the glass. It's a 2" vertical in the very middle. It doesn't go to any edge.

The phone sits on my desk or sits in the drink holder. It has never been dropped. I only noticed it when I was using a glasses micro-fiber cloth to clean the glass.

I contacted Samsung Warranty about it. They politely congratulated me on taking care of my phone and explained there's no guarantee the glass won't crack. I really want to say it's a defect of the glass. But...being an IT guy, I know that people lie and there's no way to prove you didn't drop a couch on it.

Either way, I can live with it.
    04-29-2016 12:02 PM
    I had my S7 less than 2 weeks when I discovered a crack in the center of the glass. It's a 2" vertical in the very middle. It doesn't go to any edge.

The phone sits on my desk or sits in the drink holder. It has never been dropped. I only noticed it when I was using a glasses micro-fiber cloth to clean the glass.

I contacted Samsung Warranty about it. They politely congratulated me on taking care of my phone and explained there's no guarantee the glass won't crack. I really want to say it's a defect of the glass. But...being an IT guy, I know that people lie and there's no way to prove you didn't drop a couch on it.

Either way, I can live with it.
    Right, but long term this might be a problem for Samsung, as the next time they try and sell you a shiny new Edge device you may think twice.

04-29-2016 01:59 PM
38 12