05-15-2016 10:52 AM
55 123
tools
    5 feet of measurement in the water. For a time 3o min. Can only mean one thing. The phone is working fine. Will you stop with technicalities. One or disclaimer doesn't matter. If samsung stands by that one line then I will believe them. 30 min max. And I only had in like 3 feet of water for 10 seconds.

posted from my galaxy s7edge
    Do what you want kid. It's your phone. But don't come crying when something guess wrong.
    04-26-2016 03:27 PM
    No way in he[[ I'd take my expensive phone into water on purpose. That's just nucking futs. I don't care what Samsung says. Nice to know it may survive an accidental dunk, but on purpose? Crazy shiit.
    04-26-2016 04:01 PM
    If Samsung is rating it IP68 then they should honor water damage during the warranty period. If they don't that bad business practices and opening them up to legal liabilities.

Edit: That being said, I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't honor their own certification
    zkyevolved likes this.
    04-26-2016 05:10 PM
    You are wrong. It is waterproof up to 4-5feet for up to 30min. Don't post if you don't have accurate information.
    No, it's not. "Waterproof" has a very specific definition. Read Samsung's documentation and you'll not find a single use of the word "waterproof." Read the warranty, and you'll find it excludes water damage. It's water resistant, and nowhere does Samsung suggest the phone is designed for underwater use. It's designed to offer protection in the event of an accidental exposure, not the repeated intentional use of the phone underwater.
    Bag of Leaves likes this.
    04-26-2016 08:38 PM
    If Samsung is rating it IP68 then they should honor water damage during the warranty period. If they don't that bad business practices and opening them up to legal liabilities.

Edit: That being said, I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't honor their own certification
    The world would be a much better place if people actually read warranties and manuals. Then they'd know that Samsung's warranty specifically excludes water damage, and not be so stupid as to believe the phone is "waterproof."
    04-26-2016 08:41 PM
    A water resistant phone is like flame resistant clothing. It's nice in an accident but I don't put it on and roll around in a campfire to test it.
    04-26-2016 09:15 PM
    That's what it is I believe. But I have tried that a little. I have dried it off a lot and I know that speaker is crap until it dries. Water came out when I blew into it. About and hour later it worked. But is their a way to disable that button until the phone fully dries? Then I can turn it back on?

Use an app called easy home.
    flintlock likes this.
    04-27-2016 02:27 AM
    whaaaaaaaaaaaat!!!
    Google now keeps popping up randomly after use in water.-champagner_calls.jpg
    04-27-2016 08:17 AM

Yeah however there's no way for Samsung to verify how deep you went or how long it was under water. And that is the whole reason it will not cover that sort of damage

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-27-2016 08:32 AM
    And? If you constantly wet your phone, on purpose, whether it's ip68 or ipxx, and it fails, Samsung will not guarantee it. I bet you on that.

There is one thing doing it accidentally and another doing it on purpose. They say it's ip68 so you don't have to worry if it gets wet or you fall into a pool but intentionally abusing it can and will make it fail at some point.
    If they tell you it will work it will. Try it for yourself. It's gonna work.

04-29-2016 08:20 PM
    No, it's not. "Waterproof" has a very specific definition. Read Samsung's documentation and you'll not find a single use of the word "waterproof." Read the warranty, and you'll find it excludes water damage. It's water resistant, and nowhere does Samsung suggest the phone is designed for underwater use. It's designed to offer protection in the event of an accidental exposure, not the repeated intentional use of the phone underwater.
    Send me the link where it says that. I wanna see that the phone being in water won't make it fail. I want facts. Everybody thinks it won't work. I was told by a Samsung rep at best buy that it's not hurting the phone. If samsung says it's fine to be in water up to five feet. Then why not , who's gonna accidently drop their phone in exactly five feet of water ?? When is that really gonna happen ? The only problem I have seen is the speaker doesn't work for 2-3 hours. Samsung rep told me to put the phone under rice. Problem solved. Let me worry about the other. I want to know what I posted about. How to stop Google from popping up. What tips to do. Do you know?? If all your gonna do is tell me I'm wrong then don't respond. Water is the key word. Resistant it different from water proof. But if this phone compared to the iPhone works over the iPhone then that is the fact. That is the evidence. Their are people putting their phones underwater and washing their clothes with the phone in the pocket. You have no proof that the phone will die eventually. I will give you a million dollars if I see evidence of the phone finally dying after some 4 second dunks in water. The ports are sealed. The internals are sealed. I know what I'm talking about.

04-29-2016 08:28 PM
    Use an app called easy home.
    Have you used that with the phone being in water ?

04-29-2016 08:30 PM
    You want facts, Samuel? Just read all the posts on his and other forums from people who have gotten their phones wet and had problems after. And read the book that came with your phone, that says the warranty doesn't cover water damage. Then find one single written document from Samsung (not a statement from some anonymous "rep" who doesn't have to stand behind his words and has no liability when you ruin your phone) that says the phone is intended and designed to be used underwater. You won't find one, because Samsung doesn't claim that.
    04-30-2016 12:25 PM
    I don't know why anyone would use this phone underwater. Even if they say it's water resistant. They didn't do a Sony and show videos of people in swimming pools using the phone. It's purely a safeguard against a drop or spillage.

Posted via S7 edge 😍
    04-30-2016 01:33 PM
    I don't know why anyone would use this phone underwater. Even if they say it's water resistant. They didn't do a Sony and show videos of people in swimming pools using the phone. It's purely a safeguard against a drop or spillage.

Posted via S7 edge 😍
    I'm not arguing. Look up water test iPhone vs samsung and it proves it. That's all I will say. I know what I'm doing. Try it for yourself. Comes out clean every time. This is the problem with most people. They are to skeptical. They won't trust a innovative idea without trying out for themselves. The phone has worked and worked perfectly for me. Even when water is on it. You taunt me with nothing. You have no room to talk if you haven't yourself tried it. I am done.

04-30-2016 05:00 PM
    Anyway the phone gets in water is the same thing as dropping it or moving it or idk whatever under water is getting water on it and covering it up with water. Water tests are all over the Internet. Try it for yourself and tell me I'm not wrong. I'm using the phone now and it's like I just got it. Very fast. I stand by samsung.

04-30-2016 05:15 PM
    No way in he[[ I'd take my expensive phone into water on purpose. That's just nucking futs. I don't care what Samsung says. Nice to know it may survive an accidental dunk, but on purpose? Crazy shiit.
    Why not ? Take it out and try it ! It works just fine after it dries. I don't even have it underwater but for 10 seconds. All in all maybe 2..3 min?? It's not like I'm gonna do it all the time. I'm mostly gonna take it down water slides this summer and In the shallow end of the wave pool. Have you not seen the commercials where little Wayne is taking a call and he dunks it in a fish tank? Then pours shampangne on t??

04-30-2016 05:17 PM
    Same deal with the Casio milspec phones. Speakers crap out and intermittent glitches from moisture in the case. They wouldn't even honor water damage and they're the ones posting videos of flushing phones in the toilet and freezing them in a block of ice.

Great feature to have in a pinch, but intentionally take it to the bottom of the pool to snap a selfie and you're pooched from a legal standpoint.
    04-30-2016 05:59 PM
    Why not ? Take it out and try it ! It works just fine after it dries. I don't even have it underwater but for 10 seconds. All in all maybe 2..3 min?? It's not like I'm gonna do it all the time. I'm mostly gonna take it down water slides this summer and In the shallow end of the wave pool. Have you not seen the commercials where little Wayne is taking a call and he dunks it in a fish tank? Then pours shampangne on t??

More power to ya, it's your phone. I have read of a few so far that have had some issues that Samsung has not been fixing because they say there is water damage. Those incidences are around. As I said I'd not risk it. Wondering if bad press flak will come back to bite Samsung since they seem to condone the commercials showing water use and not fixing water damaged units. Seems contradictory on their part. But you go right ahead and have fun in the pool with it.
    04-30-2016 07:24 PM
    Let me see if I get this right. The OP writes that he needs help because he is having problems after using it underwater. He then keeps insisting it is okay to use underwater. He listens to the rep in BB but ignores the warranty wording. Gotta love it.
    04-30-2016 10:11 PM
    Anyway the phone gets in water is the same thing as dropping it or moving it or idk whatever under water is getting water on it and covering it up with water. Water tests are all over the Internet. Try it for yourself and tell me I'm not wrong. I'm using the phone now and it's like I just got it. Very fast. I stand by samsung.

Yeah. You'll be standing right by them screaming and arguing at the BB rep when he won't replace your phone from repeated.....let me repeat that....REPEATED....abuse from constant water dunking. You're unbelievably naïve and have lots to learn.
    05-01-2016 05:53 AM
    Let me see if I get this right. The OP writes that he needs help because he is having problems after using it underwater. He then keeps insisting it is okay to use underwater. He listens to the rep in BB but ignores the warranty wording. Gotta love it.
    I know right?!? Every time I read his posts, I just laugh. Uncontrollably. For a few minutes.
    05-01-2016 05:56 AM
    More power to ya, it's your phone. I have read of a few so far that have had some issues that Samsung has not been fixing because they say there is water damage. Those incidences are around. As I said I'd not risk it. Wondering if bad press flak will come back to bite Samsung since they seem to condone the commercials showing water use and not fixing water damaged units. Seems contradictory on their part. But you go right ahead and have fun in the pool with it.
    I agree with you. Sammy seems to not honor what they are condoning. like saying, YES! It's water resistant and can be dunked!! DO IT!! Then you do and it fails and they say, Oh sorry, water damage isn't covered....it's total crap if you ask me.
    cbreze likes this.
    05-01-2016 06:00 AM
    How can the phone have water damage If samsung displays "WATER RESISTANCE" and shows water being on the phone in TV commercials and telling everybody that the phone can be in the water?? That doesn't make since to me. The inside of the phone has been covered with plastic protecting the ports from water. You just don't know what your talking about. Water water water phone phone phone. Are you getting it ?? The phone will work with water! Resistant to water for a period of time and pressure. no other phone is advertised as water resistant! This phone is advertised as water resistant. The phone works in water. I have tested... the phone... In water... It works. Nothing is wrong with the phone ! I am only trying to figure out why Google. One app is launching over and over randomly.

05-02-2016 08:29 PM
    Because you got it wet?
    05-02-2016 11:22 PM
55 123