Google now keeps popping up randomly after use in water.

Samuel Kennedy

Apr 20, 2016
Visit site
For some reason it's only Google that does this. But Google randomly pops up after I've been playing with my phone in the water. Everything else works just fine. I don't know what to do. After about 2-3 after it fully dries this does not happen. Google never pops up randomly if I don't take it in water. Is this a app problem or what? It just piped up 3 times while I was typing this.

Posted via the Android Central App

teeitupmo#WN

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: Google now keeps piping up randomly after use in water.

I tested my S7E in the shower, over the weekend (see my post). The shower water was registering as screen touches. Was there splashing on the screen?

Samuel Kennedy

Apr 20, 2016
Visit site

Yea i know that Drops of water are the same as a touch. But it's been underwater a few times today. It's fully dry. Well, the outside is. It's just about an 1-2 hours after water use Google now always randomly pops up and I can't use the physical button either. I have to back out of it with the arrow key.

posted from my galaxy s7edge

teeitupmo#WN

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site

My guess is water is underneath the home button. Holding the home button causes Google Now to launch normally, so the water is probably affecting the sensor underneath the buttom.

Blow around the home button and dry face down on a paper town so you can notice if water is absorbed on paper towel.

You will be fine.

IBJammin

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site

Also keep in mind that the phone is merely water resistant, it isn't designed to be used under water.

Samuel Kennedy

Apr 20, 2016
Visit site

My guess is water is underneath the home button. Holding the home button causes Google Now to launch normally, so the water is probably affecting the sensor underneath the buttom.

Blow around the home button and dry face down on a paper town so you can notice if water is absorbed on paper towel.

You will be fine.

That's what it is I believe. But I have tried that a little. I have dried it off a lot and I know that speaker is crap until it dries. Water came out when I blew into it. About and hour later it worked. But is their a way to disable that button until the phone fully dries? Then I can turn it back on?

oneformula

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Why why why why why would you have it in the water several times a day?

Samuel Kennedy

Apr 20, 2016
Visit site

Also keep in mind that the phone is merely water resistant, it isn't designed to be used under water.

We'll yea but samsung claims five feet in water for 30 min

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site

"IN" 5 feet of water, not dropping it into 5 feet of water or pouring 5 feet of water on it. It's water-resistant - that means that pouring or moving water can still get into it.

If you spill something on the phone with low velocity it'll probably survive, but it's not meant to be taken into water.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
"IN" 5 feet of water, not dropping it into 5 feet of water or pouring 5 feet of water on it. It's water-resistant - that means that pouring or moving water can still get into it.

If you spill something on the phone with low velocity it'll probably survive, but it's not meant to be taken into water.

Samsung does claim that it can survive in up to 5 foot of water for 30 minutes. Now the only way for that too happen is to either A) have it drop into water on purpose or B) accidentally. Is there any other way for that too happen? Nobody accidentally places there phone in 5 feet of water gently....

But i digress. It's water resistant not water proof. The OP should know better and if the phone gets destroyed by repeated dunking, oh well. It wasn't made for everyday scuba diving lessons.

teeitupmo#WN

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site

That's what it is I believe. But I have tried that a little. I have dried it off a lot and I know that speaker is crap until it dries. Water came out when I blew into it. About and hour later it worked. But is their a way to disable that button until the phone fully dries? Then I can turn it back on?

You can disable Google Now, but you need the home button. Disable Google Now via the Google App.

teeitupmo#WN

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site

I have to ask this, you aren't charging the S7E via the charge port immediately after the water submerge are you????? You have to wait a few hours until the charge port fully air dries.

Samuel Kennedy

Apr 20, 2016
Visit site

Five feet of water means underwater. What else could it mean? It is capable of doing it because it works perfect after it dries. Yes it gets in the ports but samsung said too me when I called them and went by their that it can be underwater. I just had it in the water in and out for about 10 min. Maybe 5. That's not the point. The point is how to get Google from popping up randomly

Samuel Kennedy

Apr 20, 2016
Visit site

Samsung does claim that it can survive in up to 5 foot of water for 30 minutes. Now the only way for that too happen is to either A) have it drop into water on purpose or B) accidentally. Is there any other way for that too happen? Nobody accidentally places there phone in 5 feet of water gently....

But i digress. It's water resistant not water proof. The OP should know better and if the phone gets destroyed by repeated dunking, oh well. It wasn't made for everyday scuba diving lessons.

I don't drop the phone. I hold it underwater with me for like 3-5 seconds. Just taking small videos. I was gonna take it down some water slides this summer. That means it's not even gonna be under water. I just wanna know if their is a way to disable the Google now from popping up just until it dries fully under the physical button.

Samuel Kennedy

Apr 20, 2016
Visit site

I have to ask this, you aren't charging the S7E via the charge port immediately after the water submerge are you????? You have to wait a few hours until the charge port fully air dries.

Way ahead of you.

mitul_mehta

Apr 16, 2016
Visit site

Put it in a bowl of rice and leave it overnight. This should absorb all moisture and your phone would run fine.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site

You are wrong. It is waterproof up to 4-5feet for up to 30min. Don't post if you don't have accurate information.
Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 Edge | Samsung US

Samsung's site. First thing there....what does it say? There is a little "1" next to it as a disclaimer....here it is:

1Water resistant up to 5 feet of water for up to 30 minutes; rinse residue/dry after wet.

If it was waterproof. it would say "waterproof". But it doesn't. Facts are facts straight from the horses mouth. And nowhere does it state you can "repeatedly" dunk your phone and it will still work after so many attempts.

teeitupmo#WN

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site

Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 Edge | Samsung US

Samsung's site. First thing there....what does it say? There is a little "1" next to it as a disclaimer....here it is:

1Water resistant up to 5 feet of water for up to 30 minutes; rinse residue/dry after wet.

If it was waterproof. it would say "waterproof". But it doesn't. Facts are facts straight from the horses mouth. And nowhere does it state you can "repeatedly" dunk your phone and it will still work after so many attempts.
You are getting into semantics now...but you are right, when you said, "nowhere does it say you can repeatedly dunk..* that is funny, but not to him.

Why that guy thought that was okay, I will never know.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site

You are getting into semantics now...but you are right, when you said, "nowhere does it say you can repeatedly dunk..*

Why that guy thought that was okay, I will never know.

I know it's symantics lol, but that is what it says. My point is is that just because it's water resistant, doesn't mean it can be used like the OP is doing and it still work after so many times.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21