10-25-2016 09:38 AM
72 123
tools
    Just sat here and watched if for an hour and it has not moved one C hair let alone any pixels.
    04-27-2016 08:51 PM
    I turned mine off. I think the newness has worn off. 😀 I had a Droid Turbo and Turbo 2 and was used to the moto display kicking in only when I had notifications, then I could swipe them away and never have to unlock my phone.

Since always on display, doesn't allow you to interact with the notifications, it's kind of useless to me.
    04-27-2016 08:52 PM
    I like the AOD but not if it's stuck in the same spot all the time.
    04-27-2016 08:54 PM
    Mine has stopped moving around after this latest update. Guess I'll have to turn it off until there is a fix.
    I too was wondering about this. The update said it moves a pixel each minute but that would still cause burn in you'd think...each number has to be several pixels wide so that one pixel would have to be on for several mins at a time.....I'm glad it's not jumping so far around now but am worried about the burn in....
    04-27-2016 09:10 PM
    Mine moves but very very little and I think every hour it makes a big jump.

Posted via the Android Central App
    azie likes this.
    04-27-2016 11:33 PM
    I do. I love being able to glance at it for the time and month calendar (the setting I have it on) without having to turn on my phone and look at the time (it is so large I can see the time without being near enough to my phone to touch it) on the lock screen or unlock the phone to open the calendar app. Same with the battery percentage - can just glance at it to see how far down it is, including while it is being charged.
    I agree, love this feature. I can't wear watches so having the time always there without having to press a button, or enter a passcode is really useful
    04-28-2016 04:54 AM
    the point is... well, info.

but the jumping around as a distraction? flip it over. the delay to see time? turn off the feature that shuts down the AOD. lights up the room? turn it over.
    How to "turn off the feature that shuts down AOD"? I don't think that's possible?
    04-28-2016 05:44 AM
    Mine moves but very very little and I think every hour it makes a big jump.

Exactly!
    04-28-2016 07:05 AM
    I love it now that it doesn't move every minute. I had to turn it off before because whenever it moved it would catch my eye and I'd be looking at it constantly. I also started using the Verizon messaging app and it shows notifications on there. I think it also changes locations after the screen gets turned on and turned back off. So during the day it's not at one location very long. I do somewhat worry about the screen burn but if it happens it happens.

04-28-2016 07:19 AM
    I too was wondering about this. The update said it moves a pixel each minute but that would still cause burn in you'd think...each number has to be several pixels wide so that one pixel would have to be on for several mins at a time.....I'm glad it's not jumping so far around now but am worried about the burn in....
    This is what I was trying to say.
    mlblack16 likes this.
    04-28-2016 07:26 AM
    The point of the update was for it not to be moving around so much. It is dimmer and moves a pixel every minute and fully moves every hour to prevent burn in. I actually like it better now because like others my eyes would constantly go to the screen every time it jumped.

brad419 and Bag of Leaves like this.
    04-28-2016 07:39 AM
    I think you have a better chance of screen burn with the AOD this way then when it was moving around the screen faster.
    Dan TheMan86 likes this.
    04-28-2016 08:32 AM
    yea every minute i would look down at my phone thinking i had a notification or something but it was just my AOD moving around.
    04-28-2016 08:46 AM
    I think you have a better chance of screen burn with the AOD this way then when it was moving around the screen faster.
    No it would have to remain in the exact same spot to have that result.

04-28-2016 09:54 AM
    I love it now that it doesn't move every minute. I had to turn it off before because whenever it moved it would catch my eye and I'd be looking at it constantly. I also started using the Verizon messaging app and it shows notifications on there. I think it also changes locations after the screen gets turned on and turned back off. So during the day it's not at one location very long. I do somewhat worry about the screen burn but if it happens it happens.

THIS!!
    04-28-2016 10:50 AM
    Those of you who claim the image isnt moving 1 pixel every minute--do you really expect to notice a movement of ONE PIXEL, on a screen with such a high of a DPI??
    04-28-2016 10:59 AM
    Mine moves around every minute.

I wonder if this is something managed by the carrier. I'm on ATT (S7E).
    04-28-2016 12:32 PM
    Mine moves around every minute.

I wonder if this is something managed by the carrier. I'm on ATT (S7E).
    Go to the AOD settings and hit about always on display. An update should be available if yours is moving around every minute.

04-28-2016 12:54 PM
    No it would have to remain in the exact same spot to have that result.

okaaaaay...but the font isnt ONE pixel wide. There are still pixels in the middle that are activated the same color for a long time. Lets say the font is 30 pixels wide, it would take 30 minutes for it to move completely to different pixles.

Am I wrong here??
    felloffthetruck likes this.
    04-28-2016 01:59 PM
    I left the AOD enabled overnight (phone off charger) for about 7 hours and when I looked at the display, the AOD was gone. This is another difference since the update - previously, the AOD never switched itself off unless it was upside down or in my pocket. Now it appears to switch itself off in a dark room (not sure exactly how dark it has to be) after a certain period of time. Another possibility is that it switches itself off when the phone doesn't physically move for a period of time? Would be nice to have the ability to configure these features.

EDIT: when i say the "AOD was gone" above, i mean nothing would reactivate it unless i pressed the home/power button and then switched the phone back off (in the scenario of AOD switching off due to being upside down or in pocket, moving it and/or exposing the phone would automatically trigger the AOD to re-enable. This isn't the case with what i observed by leaving the phone in a dark room overnight). Anyone else noticing this?
    04-28-2016 02:28 PM
    okaaaaay...but the font isnt ONE pixel wide. There are still pixels in the middle that are activated the same color for a long time. Lets say the font is 30 pixels wide, it would take 30 minutes for it to move completely to different pixles.

Am I wrong here??
    No, your 100% right. Screen burn in here we come.
    04-28-2016 05:06 PM
    I quite like having the display moving around as it does so I'll be leaving the update for a while.

Posted via the Android Central App via a kicking Gold Galaxy S7 Edge.
    felloffthetruck likes this.
    04-28-2016 10:07 PM
    By the way, these guys seem confident that screen burn-in is still prevented with this new update:

10 Common Galaxy S7 Problems & How to Fix Them

"This small update changes how the Always On Display actually works. It no longer moves while the screen is off, which was very distracting. Instead, individual pixels move on occasion which we can’t see with our naked eye, and the AOD moves each time a user turns the screen on or off. This prevents burn in using two different methods, but isn’t nearly as distracting. Check for updates now, and feel free to re-enable this feature now that this fix is rolling out."
    04-29-2016 03:12 AM
    Also, I notice that the AOD is only at the top or middle of the screen after this latest update. Never see it below the middle of the screen anymore.
    04-29-2016 10:28 AM
    30 minutes would not be enough time to - you know what, you're right. In another month's time, all of your LEDs will just be totally burned out on this device. Not only that, but there will be scratches all over the front and back that will be totally unrelated to anything you've done. And the glass will be shattered in multiple places. I don't know why you don't just go ahead and throw the phone away right now.

Maybe your phone will be beat to hell and back, mine won't.
    04-29-2016 10:29 AM
72 123