why am i getting low AnTuTu scores/bad performance on my s7 edge ?

mstrblueskys

Q&A Team
Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
I just ran a benchmark and my phone came out to be 91K.....

Did I receive a defective S7?

I have the US spec version for Verizon

There are so many factors. 91000 is probably in the range of normal depending on what's going on with your phone. I'd guess you have software, not hardware, that's affecting that score.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
The usual score for an Exynos 8890-powered GS7 should be around 120k to 130k.

I'd assume there's something limiting the performance of your device.

Samsung-Galaxy-S7-puntuacion-AnTuTu-650x546.jpg
(Source: Movilzona)

afh3

May 15, 2015
Visit site
As others have noted, the value can vary wildly from test to test - even if they are only run a minute apart. I've just logged a 130,000 followed by a 90,000 only seconds later.

I attribute this to all the bloat on my device, like an SMS client, an email app, phone dialer, browser, Google Play services, weather, contacts, and other stuff I've left on it, that just get in the way of its primary function - that being the execution of benchmark tests.

Soggly

May 31, 2013
Visit site
134,414 on mine, no idea why yours is doing that, it's the snap dragon too

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 7600.jpg
    7600.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 146

Venom0642

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Interesting on AT&T S7 Edge Snapdragons and always getting high scores as well, without closing all my apps in task manager which are more then 10 open apps and i get this.

dda76f6f27a6501cccc54911fc7d6f7c.jpg

trysis3

Apr 26, 2016
Visit site
for some reason i just got 131k, im retesting again..

Update: got 111k on my 2nd test, there is definitely something going on.

Also NFS no limit is running like a slideshow.

Last edited:

jbjtkbw007

Oct 26, 2009
Visit site
As others have noted, the value can vary wildly from test to test - even if they are only run a minute apart. I've just logged a 130,000 followed by a 90,000 only seconds later.

I attribute this to all the bloat on my device, like an SMS client, an email app, phone dialer, browser, Google Play services, weather, contacts, and other stuff I've left on it, that just get in the way of its primary function - that being the execution of benchmark tests.

Here's my thing.....I'm more about the score when I have all of my stuff configured exactly how I want. I'm not going to run the test after a reboot because I want to make sure that with my settings the way, they are, that I can still multitask and not have my phone perform poorly. I think your 90K is fair considering what you call 'bloat' on your device. You sound like myself and seem to be somewhat of a power user. So, while benchmarks are great and all, I want to know how my phone is going to run while I'm streaming music or video with bluetooth on, or I'm browsing Facebook and Twitter while listening to music all the while receiving notifications for email, texts, and app notifications.

THAT'S the benchmark I care about. My phone needs to perform while I'm doing all of my normal day to day stuff and not lag, force close apps, or run hot.

danlnyc

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site
Sorry guys I made a huge mistake. I reran the test after closing all my apps and my score came out to be 136k LOL.

Just like above, I reran the test with some apps open and it came out to be around 90k.

My phone is not defective!

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Way too low to beat the 178,000 of iPhone 7 lol
The thing here is, Android is designed to have a lot of services running in the background for various always on settings. A key example is control for LED notification. If let's say 2 devices with exact same hardware running the same OS, except that one has the LED service turned off, they will post different scores. The one with the LED service turned on will score lower because of the added bloat. So while the numbers look great, they'd mean really jack when those numbers are achieved by turning everything else off, ruining the purpose for me.

Sure your phone can run up to 178k, but then my phone is running smart stay, led notification with everything else and still scores high enough. I'd think pound for pound Android uses more powerful hardware with a more diverse capability. Experience on the iPhone won't really change from one iteration to the next.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze