why am i getting low AnTuTu scores/bad performance on my s7 edge ?

A

AC Question

I noticed that games are very laggy on my phone so i decided to download the AnTuTu benchmark and see what's up. And to no surprise it shows a score of around 95000 which is very low compared to the 120000+ i see on youtube.
Its the Exynos version btw and yea i tried restarting and retesting.

mstrblueskys

Q&A Team
Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
I noticed that games are very laggy on my phone so i decided to download the AnTuTu benchmark and see what's up. And to no surprise it shows a score of around 95000 which is very low compared to the 120000+ i see on youtube.
Its the Exynos version btw and yea i tried restarting and retesting.

Or are you running any add blockers or battery optimizers?

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
What about an antivirus or RAM booster? You could try a cache partition wipe via recovery mode and see if it helps.

mstrblueskys

Q&A Team
Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
What about an antivirus or RAM booster? You could try a cache partition wipe via recovery mode and see if it helps.

Yeah, I'd guess you have some program bogging your system down. Even Snapchat does this to me on occasion. Go into Settings>Apps and see if anything is running.

trysis3

Apr 26, 2016
Visit site

i have no boosters or antivirus and i just wiped the cache. Will retest and update.
Yeah, I'd guess you have some program bogging your system down. Even Snapchat does this to me on occasion. Go into Settings>Apps and see if anything is running.
i just went to developer settings and limited background apps to none. Will retest and update.

mstrblueskys

Q&A Team
Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I've noticed that after I do something dramatic (like update or reset), if I restart the device 4-5 times, it works better than if I were to just go for it!

danlnyc

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site
I just ran a benchmark and my phone came out to be 91K.....

Did I receive a defective S7?

I have the US spec version for Verizon