Saving edited photos change

lammy8

Trusted Member
Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
Hi there, since the latest update for me, G935FXXU1APD1, the save location for edited photos no longer saves in a separate 'Photo Editor' folder. Instead they are now saved in the standard 'Camera' album. Thought I'd give a heads up as due to habits I've just deleted the photos I took from the camera app as I thought the edited photos would be in the Photo Editor album! Bit of a pain but no great loss. Just wish Samsung would release a full change log in the update

Juno-S7

Mar 21, 2016
Visit site
Instead they are now saved in the standard 'Camera' album.

I think they are now saved in the folder that the original is in. I edited a photo that was in Photo Editor already and when i saved it, it was saved in Photo Editor.

I'd very much like to have the old way back, when edited photos are always saved in Photo Editor, since it makes organizing and backing up much simpler.

lammy8

Trusted Member
Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
I think they are now saved in the folder that the original is in. I edited a photo that was in Photo Editor already and when i saved it, it was saved in Photo Editor.

I'd very much like to have the old way back, when edited photos are always saved in Photo Editor, since it makes organizing and backing up much simpler.

Ah OK thanks for the info. Yeah I got used to all edited photos going into a separate folder. Simpler. Samsung needn't make sense at times though!

Aberdeeny

May 15, 2016
Visit site
Did you ever figure out a way to change this so the edited photos are saved in a separate album or the photo editor album like they used to be? My phone just updated and I did the same thing as you. Thought my edited photo was saved in the other album, deleted the originals and had nothing.

lammy8

Trusted Member
Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
Did you ever figure out a way to change this so the edited photos are saved in a separate album or the photo editor album like they used to be? My phone just updated and I did the same thing as you. Thought my edited photo was saved in the other album, deleted the originals and had nothing.

I've just accepted the change to be honest. I imagine you'd need to edit the file path that the editor is trying to save in. Thing is, it's contextual, so if I have a pic saved in camera and edit it, it'll save in camera. Or if I have an album on SD card and edit a photo from there, it'll store it in that album. Sounds like something in custom ROM territory.

Just don't delete until you've reviewed

TJA3500

Mar 17, 2016
Visit site
That's good to know about the new update changing the photo editor. I don't use my wife's S7 much I will let her know. Does it keep the original picture also or does it delete it once the edited picture is added.

TJA3500

Mar 17, 2016
Visit site
I didn't read all the posts close enough. Looks it deletes the original.

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
In my case, it does NOT delete the original and I wouldn't want it to but I DO wish there was a way to redirect the edited photo in the Photo Editor album. It gets confusing with both versions in the same album.

lammy8

Trusted Member
Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
That's good to know about the new update changing the photo editor. I don't use my wife's S7 much I will let her know. Does it keep the original picture also or does it delete it once the edited picture is added.

Yes it does keep the original too. Sometimes hard to differentiate if you've only done minor editing!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Junkie XL