Apps after update

adam43

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I had a bunch of apps on my SD card. After updating system software, and all apps were optimized, I had to move several of them back to SD card. Is this going to be a normal occurrence with every android update? Thanks

Iva_LadyDiCaprio98

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
Every time an app updates it goes back to internal storage. It is rather annoying to have to constantly move it back but there's not much that can be done about that.

Posted via the Android Central App

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
These phones only come with 32gb, the same amount on my 4 year old S3. Additionally it starts with 10gb of internal used when purchased.
I wasn't aware that you would run out of space that quickly. How many apps have you installed? Must be a lot of big games I guess?
Moved to sd card to conserve internal memory
How many apps do you have?

For reference, I have 98 applications that I have downloaded in addition to stock apps.

7089e74369b6a5f9199c1154ad9da208.jpg

flintlock

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
I wasn't aware that you would run out of space that quickly. How many apps have you installed? Must be a lot of big games I guess?

I didn't say I was running out of space-read again. I said this new S7/Edge only comes with the same amount of internal storage as my four year old S3. Normally I expect some progress in four years in the tech world, in processing and storage.

My S3 had nine pages it's app drawer, think that's over 100 apps. Internal storage was up to about 24 gb used.

The new one isn't loaded up yet. But it offers less storage because the bloat was up to ten gigs on purchase.

Where you get the big games theory I don't know.

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
I didn't say I was running out of space-read again. I said this new S7/Edge only comes with the same amount of internal storage as my four year old S3. Normally I expect some progress in four years in the tech world, in processing and storage.

My S3 had nine pages it's app drawer, think that's over 100 apps. Internal storage was up to about 24 gb used.

The new one isn't loaded up yet. But it offers less storage because the bloat was up to ten gigs on purchase.

Where you get the big games theory I don't know.
Oh, I didn't realize you had issue with the technology aspect of the hardware versus needing to move apps to the external SD card. To address your point, the internal memory in this phone is superior to your older S3 in every way except capacity.

Since you're not currently having a file space problem, I will refrain from commenting on it. It sounds like you are just concerned with the future of your storage capacity.

The big game idea came from comparing my currently downloaded applications not taking up a large amount of space, as you can see in my screenshot. I'm having a difficult time even coming close to needing extra space on internal. But then again, I am managing to put a lot of data on the external SD card that does not include applications (lowest priority to be moved).