Is there any way to change the music player default on the edge? I am trying out Apple Music and the metadata doesn't show over Bluetooth unless I start google music and play a track then go back to Apple Music. Someone suggested it could be because Google play is the priority app for Bluetooth. Can anyone please help?
    04-29-2016 12:13 PM
    Go to the App Manager, select the music app that is currently default, and Clear Defaults. The next time you want to start a music app, see if it will allow you to pick Apple Music and make it the default.
    04-30-2016 01:51 AM
    Go to the App Manager, select the music app that is currently default, and Clear Defaults. The next time you want to start a music app, see if it will allow you to pick Apple Music and make it the default.
    It doesn't let you do that on the s7 edge. No option for default player. Maybe I will have to disable Google music entirely and see if it works.
    04-30-2016 01:53 AM
    I installed this app so I can get the pop up to select what app I want to use a default
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...betteropenwith
    Don't like how the S7 automatically makes whatever you chose the fist time the defacto default
    04-30-2016 06:36 AM
    I disabled the google play app and it didn't make any difference to the track info on Apple Music. Guess it's not that causing it then. Think I will just stick with Google music then.
    04-30-2016 03:40 PM
    That didn't work for me, nor did any of the similar apps. (Still getting used to this S7 Edge I'm leasing from Sprint...)

Regardless of what I set as default, when I open an audio file from the file explorer, it always opens in VLC player (which I use for videos) instead of Poweramp (which I prefer for audio).

Apparently, the only way to get Poweramp to play audio files is to open them from within Poweramp...
    05-01-2016 11:08 AM