Just spent about an hour playing with each phone.
    I'm gravitating towards the edge. Phone felt comfortable in my hand, screen seemed brighter? intrigued by larger battery and longer life. Edge functions? This is where I start to get lost. Other than sliding a quick menu from the side rather than a pull down from the top, is there anything else it does? I'm. From an HTC m8 and for the first time the touchwiz ui doesn't seem slow and obnoxious. The standard s7 while a bit smaller than my current phone I'm sure I will get used to the size, but the screen just seemed pale next to the edge. Is the price difference between the two really worth it? If I'm even asking these questions should I just run with the base s7?
    04-30-2016 05:23 PM
    I say edge... Bigger battery and I really like the curved edges when watching videos. I don't use the edge features too much, but to me the price difference is worth it for the bigger battery and screen size.
    04-30-2016 05:26 PM
    The calendar, people and app menus save time and make the Edge my choice. And, personal choice, I think the Edge is a classy looking phone!
    04-30-2016 05:26 PM
    I like the edge feature. I have a panel with shortcuts to my most used apps and another with shortcuts for Web sites. It makes one handed operation easy. It's also nice to be in any app or on a Web page and be able to pull up the edge and go another app or Web page without having to go to the home screen. Some people don't care for it but I find it useful.
    Alan Sims and queenren like this.
    04-30-2016 05:41 PM
    I really like the edge over the regular. Larger battery and bigger screen. The edge feature is nice and easy to use and customize. Go with what works best for you and more importantly what your budget allows. Good luck.

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-30-2016 06:41 PM
    Budget wasn't too much of a concern. I have found the regular s7 for as low as 23 a month which is quite the savings over the edge which I haven't found any deals on, but if this is to be my personal assistant for the next two years I'm not going to squabble over price. Still need to check out the m10 but I'm 90% sure a Samsung will be my next phone.
    04-30-2016 06:49 PM
    A lot of people will tell you that you can install a third-party sidebar on any Android phone, that this is not unique to the edge. Don't listen to them. Because of the way the function is built into the hardware , on the edge, you can activate the sidebar even if you have another app open or even if you're just on the lock screen. This is not possible with third-party side bars.

queenren likes this.
    04-30-2016 07:26 PM
    Get the edge. The battery is worth it alone.

Alan Sims likes this.
    04-30-2016 08:20 PM
    The calendar, people and app menus save time and make the Edge my choice. And, personal choice, I think the Edge is a classy looking phone!
    I agree 100%. I thought those features would be helpful, but now they are more of a can't do with out mainstay for me. I originally went with the S7, but wanted the bigger battery and edge functionality. Very glad I made the switch. Both phones are excellent though.

04-30-2016 10:10 PM
    If you like larger screens, the Edge is your obvious choice. The Edge features are nifty, but I wouldn't weight them as a deciding factor. If you want a bigger screen, bigger battery, and like the look of the curved edges--go with the Edge.
    04-30-2016 11:02 PM
    S7 Edge worth for the battery life and the grand design!

05-01-2016 02:09 AM
    The Edge! I love the size of phone and the Edge features! .

05-01-2016 09:30 AM
    The Edge for sure. It's just a beautiful phone. I was not sold on the Edge until I decided to get one myself.
    05-02-2016 10:29 AM
    Go with the edge, I had a g4 and this phone is just beautiful and it's an awesome phone. You won't be disappointed.

05-02-2016 10:31 AM
    Go with the edge. The bigger screen and battery are easily worth an extra $100. Plus, the phone itself is beautiful! Personally, I thought I would use the edge functions a lot, but I've turned them off since I find it easier to go back to the home screen and do everything from there.
    05-02-2016 10:35 AM
    I have both and I prefer the screen on the Edge. It just seems more vibrant. The edge also drains the battery slower in real world useage as I have both phones doing exactly the same thing.

Saying that the S7 is a great phone. The edge in my opinion is slightly better.

Posted via the Android Central App on a kicking Gold Samsung Galaxy S7
    05-02-2016 10:58 AM
    The edge is fantastic. The screen is amazing and I actually use the edge features. Makes one handed use easy. I traded in my s7 edge for another phone. After one day I regretted it and switched back. The s7 edge is fantastic.
    05-02-2016 12:37 PM
    Edge!! I'm contemplating getting the Verizon BOGO before it goes away so I can have black and silver!

Posted from the S7E Chrome™ on Big Red
    LanceAllan likes this.
    05-02-2016 01:00 PM
    I say go for edge. The screen is amazing and the feel of the phone is great, not to mention bigger screen and bigger battery. You can't go wrong.

05-04-2016 07:42 AM
    Edge definitely! The bigger screen and better battery life make is worth it to me! Plus, the Edge panels are awesome! I didn't use them much at first, but when I really customized them to my liking and downloaded a few more that I liked better, now I find them indispensable!
    05-04-2016 07:51 AM
    I'm also from HTC M8 and definitely go for edge if for no other reason than aesthetics. IT LOOKS & FEELS AWESOME
    05-06-2016 08:36 AM