08-30-2017 12:54 PM
59 123
tools
    If I had a phone with a glass back I would most definitely put a case on it. Therefore, I can't see the advantage of having a glass backed phone. A plastic back with a case is just fine with me.
    wlonsdale and recDNA like this.
    05-08-2016 01:09 PM
    Then why buy a pretty phone?
    05-09-2016 03:42 PM
    If I had a phone with a glass back I would most definitely put a case on it. Therefore, I can't see the advantage of having a glass backed phone. A plastic back with a case is just fine with me.
    Now people want plastic. Smh

Posted via the Android Central App
    clickerman and sweetypie31 like this.
    05-09-2016 08:44 PM
    Sadly the majority didn't agree. Samsung went with the majority complaint which was a cheap plastic feel is bad so.. They changed.
    clickerman likes this.
    05-09-2016 09:25 PM
    I am from India and i broke my Galaxy S7 back glass within a week with a simple bump. Didn't have insurance so ran to service centre they charged me 4k (rupees) that would be around 80 or 60 us dollars for you guyz... And now i can say the back is definitely not Gorilla Glass 4.
    Learnt my lesson.
    09-03-2016 02:44 PM
    Managed to crack my rear glass on the second day walking with the phone in my pocket (Must of bumped into something)

Any rate, here was the cost to replace the rear glass from samsung.

*04/28/2016//19:32:12//0001773863//Telephone//ASC*
    4/28/2016 6:31 PM-Virginia Nunez: The unit is shipped.
    *04/28/2016//19:32:11//0001773863//Telephone//ASC*
    4/28/2016 6:31 PM-Virginia Nunez: Customer creditcard payment captured succesfully. Amount = $70.31
    *04/28/2016//16:45:16//0001773863//Telephone//ASC*
    I have just pulled my phone out my pocket to find the full back glass smashed, not had any bumps or anything as far as I know, and hasn't left my pocket! Gutted to say the least..
    10-17-2016 02:55 PM
    So today, I had been out the house for say 10 minutes.. I pull my phone out my pocket to find the back glass completely smashed. No bumps or hits, and hadnt left my pocket the whole time.. really gutted, never had a problem with Samsung.
    xmostwanted559x likes this.
    10-17-2016 02:57 PM
    Nope but broke my front screen the other night....
    10-17-2016 03:22 PM
    3 keys from 7 inches? Not impossible, if a key hit it just right, but if that's really what happened it's a freak occurrence.
    Got one for ya, i have an s7, and its in a otterbox defender. For some odd reason the lens ended up getting shattered.
    10-22-2016 11:26 AM
    I broke the front the other day from a very insignificant drop. The back is fine. Much easier for the case to protect the back, the edge screen make full coverage on the back difficult
    10-22-2016 11:29 AM
    Mine fell out of my waist high bag onto a pebble beach with a light £2 silicone back case and a stick on pvc screen protector on it and survived the experience. I now ensure that the bag zip is fully fastened on the last 3" down the side. I think I was lucky!
    10-23-2016 09:50 AM
    For the ones that put them in your pockets, it's not only if you bump into something, it's stress. Sitting, bending, kneeling, anything like that can put stress on your phone causing the glass to break. It's generally not a good idea to put your phones in your pocket, for this reason and creating excessive heat, we all have seen the videos of someone's phone going up in flames in their pockets.
    WalkingHorse likes this.
    10-23-2016 10:15 AM
    My pops phone was in an Otterbox case, he said didnt drop it but the back is shattered. He said the phone told him it was too hot ad it shut off. He took it out the otterbox and that is when he notice the cracked back
    10-31-2016 08:05 PM
    I've actually manged to break and penetrate the rear seal.
    12-14-2016 05:31 PM
    It's generally not a good idea to put your phones in your pocket, for this reason and creating excessive heat
    Phones are designed to be carried in pockets. Mine would be useless if I couldn't do that. But I always use a front pocket that's neither too tight (stress) nor too loose (falling out).
    12-15-2016 06:33 AM
    Dropped mine and the front screen shattered. The back was fine. Shame it was that way round! Thankfully had insurance to sort it out
    12-16-2016 03:16 AM
    I literally received my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge November 16th, on the 17th I went on a ten day vacation to Tampa then Orlando. Worked amazing had no issues with it but when I went to Universal Studio's I noticed after the Harry Potter ride my back of my phone was cracked in several places. Now to me this is a major design fail with the S7. I seriously have never seen this in my life, my front screen is impeccable so how the heck is that possible?
    12-17-2016 09:18 AM
    Who the heck in there right mind is thinking about the back of a phone cracking?
    12-17-2016 09:20 AM
    Phones are designed to be carried in pockets. Mine would be useless if I couldn't do that. But I always use a front pocket that's neither too tight (stress) nor too loose (falling out).
    Who the heck in there right mind is thinking about the back of a phone cracking?
    12-17-2016 09:23 AM
    my note 5 back cracked without dropping it.
    12-17-2016 12:44 PM
    Put it in a case - problem solved.

But yeah, Asurion's deductibles are outrageous. Look for local phone repair shops in your area, and forget about Asurion unless you lose the phone or break the front glass. You should be able to find reviews of local places on Yelp.
    Ive broken my S7 twice. With and without a case. Galaxy sucks . Not worth the money!!
    01-25-2017 06:18 PM
    After two weeks using the S7, I dropped it from the bed while sleeping.
    It did break the front glass. Minor thing, but I was so frustrated that I decided to spend big bucks in order to buy a new panel and replace it.
    I am quite used opening and fixing smartphones, I've done it since my old Nokia n95, going through the Galaxy S, Note, S5 and even an iPhone 4.
    Never had too much problem, even with the iPhone (that - oh the irony - had a glass back).
    My first thought was that I would need to just unscrew a lot of things in order to replace the panel, but I was so wrong.

Few seconds after heating the back panel and trying to remove it, the sh*t just shattered all over.
    Frustration or fury, I'm not entirely sure what was my feeling at this point.
    Anyway, after some unscrewing and fighting through a lots and lots of glue, I finally replaced the front panel.
    Ordered a new back panel and guess what? The sh*t came already broken. Looked like football bubble-wrap and it wasn't enough.

Glass back is a terrible idea. Glass back with a mad hell lots of glue is a F*CKING terrible idea.
    I don't care if it looks prettier, the thing can't be used without a case anyway.
    I don't even want to use my Gear VR anymore.
    I can't use it with a case and I am afraid a shard from the shattered back might drop into my eye.

I've been a loyal customer.
    I've bought tons of electronics from Samsung.
    But after this and both my air conditioner and tv breaking, I don't feel like it anymore.
    Adios
    01-26-2017 08:22 PM
    My daughter was sitting in our home and went to imput a number and the back of the phone cracked.She only had it 2 days ....it was her second one ...the first one was stolen...we had to pay 175.00 to replace it..then this one cracked......she did nothing for this and assurant says we are out of luck...they wern't nice at all...tmobile says...oops you have an insurance issue.... Why in all thats holly did samsung make the back glass. these galaxy s7 edges are useless as tits on a bull....and it seems that Samsung is not going to be responsible for this stupidity...
    02-21-2017 10:03 AM
    Knock on wood haven't broken it.

I do believe a metal back would have been better.

I put this phone straight into a case the day I got it, it's my 1st phone with glass back.
    02-21-2017 12:08 PM
    I read one guy who said his was in an otterbox but cracked anyway. I believe he said the back actually cracked. It made me wonder how many people with cases have cracked glass in the back and don't even know it.
    My son just broke his Edge back with an Otterbox Commuter on it. The cracks started at the camera and went out from there.
    02-21-2017 01:56 PM
59 123