so has any broken there rear glass yet?

mgm83

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site
I dropped my phone earlier today and cracked the corner of the screen. I heard it's a expensive mistake. Just curious to know if any one has had it replaced yet and how much was it?

Posted via the Android Central App

SophiaPetrillo

Jan 20, 2016
Visit site
I saw somewhere that having it professionally replaced would be several hundred dollars, but it would be much cheaper if you could buy the back plate and replace it yourself. There are tutorials on YouTube if you want to save a few bucks.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
The front screen costs several hundred to replace, but that includes the OLED screen and digitizer. The rear should be quite a bit cheaper. But unless you're really worried about maintaining water-resistance, you might want to consider just covering it up with a skin or case.

ericf82

May 2, 2016
Visit site
Managed to crack my rear glass on the second day walking with the phone in my pocket (Must of bumped into something)

Any rate, here was the cost to replace the rear glass from samsung.

*04/28/2016//19:32:12//0001773863//Telephone//ASC*
4/28/2016 6:31 PM-Virginia Nunez: The unit is shipped.
*04/28/2016//19:32:11//0001773863//Telephone//ASC*
4/28/2016 6:31 PM-Virginia Nunez: Customer creditcard payment captured succesfully. Amount = $70.31
*04/28/2016//16:45:16//0001773863//Telephone//ASC*

santims

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
Seems as though you and my wife broke the back of their phones within an hour of eachother. I am searching for ways to fix it or get it fixed.

Seremedy

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
Did you buy insurance from samsung or what ? And is yours the u.s. model ? Asurion wants 200 for my small back glass crack.

mgm83

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site
It u.s. from tmobile.. I don't remember if have insurance through samsung.. I doubt it since I went through tmobile. I see a lot about the front screen and how expensive it is to replace but not much about the rear. I hate having a cover on any phone but about to order one.. a little too late I guess

Belpheg0re

May 3, 2016
Visit site
Nope haven't cracked it yet, but managed to inexplicably get several light scratches across the screen. o.- I thought gorilla glass was tough, I guess not.

Samuel Kennedy

Apr 20, 2016
Visit site
I dropped my phone earlier today and cracked the corner of the screen. I heard it's a expensive mistake. Just curious to know if any one has had it replaced yet and how much was it?

Don't let samsung fix it. Get it fixed at a cell phone repair place near you.. I dropped mine and the back shattered. Getting it fixed for 100 dollars. Samsung said it would be more than double that

Seems as though you and my wife broke the back of their phones within an hour of eachother. I am searching for ways to fix it or get it fixed.

Call a cell phone repair shop near you ?

posted from my galaxy s7edge

Last edited by a moderator:

kramer5150

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Don't let samsung fix it. Get it fixed at a cell phone repair place near you.. I dropped mine and the back shattered. Getting it fixed for 100 dollars. Samsung said it would be more than double that

posted from my galaxy s7edge

It could be worth the extra $$ if Samsung replaces all the gaskets, adhesive O-rings and re-certifies it for water resistance. Its good to have choices though!!

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
People will argue with me but everything I have read about 7edge makes me think it is just too delicate. I will never understand the glass back. I like metal but I guess that screws up wireless charging. The curved glass in the front obviously is delicate but it is also gorgeous so that is a personal choice. I don't know how people can stand the aggravation but it is the most beautiful phone out there so I guess it is a trade off.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Did you buy insurance from samsung or what ? And is yours the u.s. model ? Asurion wants 200 for my small back glass crack.

Put it in a case - problem solved.

But yeah, Asurion's deductibles are outrageous. Look for local phone repair shops in your area, and forget about Asurion unless you lose the phone or break the front glass. You should be able to find reviews of local places on Yelp.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
People will argue with me but everything I have read about 7edge makes me think it is just too delicate. I will never understand the glass back. I like metal but I guess that screws up wireless charging. The curved glass in the front obviously is delicate but it is also gorgeous so that is a personal choice. I don't know how people can stand the aggravation but it is the most beautiful phone out there so I guess it is a trade off.

If you choose to go naked, yes.

I slapped a case and protector on mine and haven't had a problem. :)

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I read one guy who said his was in an otterbox but cracked anyway. I believe he said the back actually cracked. It made me wonder how many people with cases have cracked glass in the back and don't even know it. I know when I drop my phone I only check the screen. As long as it functions properly I would never take off the case to check the back. When I was really hot to get the edge7 there were none available. After waiting this long I am going to wait a little longer to check out the Note 6 then decide which I want. If delicate screen were not an issue I would prefer the size of the edge 7 and I rarely use the stylus on my note anyway. If I put a "safe" 2 layer cover on an edge 7 hiding its beauty it kind of loses its appeal for me. First World Problems eH? LOL

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I read one guy who said his was in an otterbox but cracked anyway. I believe he said the back actually cracked. It made me wonder how many people with cases have cracked glass in the back and don't even know it. I know when I drop my phone I only check the screen. As long as it functions properly I would never take off the case to check the back. When I was really hot to get the edge7 there were none available. After waiting this long I am going to wait a little longer to check out the Note 6 then decide which I want. If delicate screen were not an issue I would prefer the size of the edge 7 and I rarely use the stylus on my note anyway. If I put a "safe" 2 layer cover on an edge 7 hiding its beauty it kind of loses its appeal for me. First World Problems eH? LOL

I dropped mine two times (one time hard enough to take a huge chunk out of my hand due to the concrete) and it was fine within my Spigen case (Amazon.com: Galaxy S7 Edge Case, Spigen® [Neo Hybrid] PREMIUM BUMPER [Satin Silver] Bumper Style Premium Case Slim Fit Dual Layer Protective Cover for Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge (2016) - (556CS20144): Cell Phones & Accessories)

It just depends on how it falls. My GF smashed her old iPhone 6 in an Otterbox defender.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Absolutely true. Sometimes a 3 foot fall hits just at the right angle to break it but a 6 foot fall flat on the front or back does nothing... Unless something is jutting up from the ground like a stone. Even a case can only do so much. You have to be lucky. I've dropped phones dozens of times and never once cracked one but I ripped the volume rocker switch out trying to REMOVE a VZW kickstand case! You gotta be lucky.

BTW, really nice looking case. All it needs is a kickstand. I'm addicted to those.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheOzarks