Timing is everything (Insurance)

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
I bit the bullet and signed up for Samsung's Protection Plan earlier this week. Today, I was visiting a business with a gravel drive, took my Edge out of my pocket, and for the first time since I've owned it I dropped it. Face down. On gravel. Four little impact craters where it hit the gravel, and cracks all over the right-hand side of the screen. First time I've ever broken the screen on a phone. Everything still works, though. Touchscreen, display, edge display, calling. Thank goodness.

Very glad I signed up for the insurance before this happened. And glad that Samsung's deductible is only $79, and not $199! Filed a claim this evening (Sunday). Now to see how long it takes them to get a new phone to me.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
WHEW.:eek:

I always get some kind of insurance if the phone is more than about $300-400. For me, the peace of mind alone is worth it.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
That's good you got the insurance when you did!

I hope you won't wait long for the new device to arrive. :)

teeitupmo#WN

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I bit the bullet and signed up for Samsung's Protection Plan earlier this week. Today, I was visiting a business with a gravel drive, took my Edge out of my pocket, and for the first time since I've owned it I dropped it. Face down. On gravel. Four little impact craters where it hit the gravel, and cracks all over the right-hand side of the screen. First time I've ever broken the screen on a phone. Everything still works, though. Touchscreen, display, edge display, calling. Thank goodness.

Very glad I signed up for the insurance before this happened. And glad that Samsung's deductible is only $79, and not $199! Filed a claim this evening (Sunday). Now to see how long it takes them to get a new phone to me.
I was debating whether to buy the Samsung Protection Plus for my S7E, but decided just to pay $7 to Verizon.

Good move, device is not even 2 months old, so your replacement will probably be a new deice.

You are only allowed 2 claims a year. If the phone was usable, I would have waited for a few months until you filed the claimed.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
First phone I've broken in 13 years of using smart phones, so I'm hoping I won't break another one. I might go ahead and use a screen protector, though.