I bit the bullet and signed up for Samsung's Protection Plan earlier this week. Today, I was visiting a business with a gravel drive, took my Edge out of my pocket, and for the first time since I've owned it I dropped it. Face down. On gravel. Four little impact craters where it hit the gravel, and cracks all over the right-hand side of the screen. First time I've ever broken the screen on a phone. Everything still works, though. Touchscreen, display, edge display, calling. Thank goodness.

Very glad I signed up for the insurance before this happened. And glad that Samsung's deductible is only $79, and not $199! Filed a claim this evening (Sunday). Now to see how long it takes them to get a new phone to me.
    05-01-2016 06:33 PM
    WHEW.

I always get some kind of insurance if the phone is more than about $300-400. For me, the peace of mind alone is worth it.
    Carlo Villa likes this.
    05-01-2016 10:11 PM
    You got lucky on the insurance! I buy insurance for my phones for peace of mind too.
    Carlo Villa likes this.
    05-01-2016 10:15 PM
    That's good you got the insurance when you did!

I hope you won't wait long for the new device to arrive.
    05-01-2016 10:24 PM
    I bit the bullet and signed up for Samsung's Protection Plan earlier this week. Today, I was visiting a business with a gravel drive, took my Edge out of my pocket, and for the first time since I've owned it I dropped it. Face down. On gravel. Four little impact craters where it hit the gravel, and cracks all over the right-hand side of the screen. First time I've ever broken the screen on a phone. Everything still works, though. Touchscreen, display, edge display, calling. Thank goodness.

Very glad I signed up for the insurance before this happened. And glad that Samsung's deductible is only $79, and not $199! Filed a claim this evening (Sunday). Now to see how long it takes them to get a new phone to me.
    I was debating whether to buy the Samsung Protection Plus for my S7E, but decided just to pay $7 to Verizon.

Good move, device is not even 2 months old, so your replacement will probably be a new deice.

You are only allowed 2 claims a year. If the phone was usable, I would have waited for a few months until you filed the claimed.
    05-01-2016 10:26 PM
    You are only allowed 2 claims a year. If the phone was usable, I would have waited for a few months until you filed the claimed.
    I think I'd rather avoid cut fingers or pieces of glass in my pocket.
    ladyc0524 and Carlo Villa like this.
    05-01-2016 10:37 PM
    I think I'd rather avoid cut fingers or pieces of glass in my pocket.
    Agreed, though sometimes its easy enough to just put a piece of invisible tape over the cracks to prevent such things.
    05-02-2016 08:43 AM
    First phone I've broken in 13 years of using smart phones, so I'm hoping I won't break another one. I might go ahead and use a screen protector, though.
    05-02-2016 01:51 PM