There must be a setting in the phone I am missing somewhere to stop wifi from connecting at will...

I did a quick search on here last week and found out I could turn off " wifi scanning" in a sub-setting hoping this would fix the nagging issue..... nope my s7 edge still connects to some free wifi network at most inopportune times.....

I only use wifi when I am at home on my own network and DO NOT want it connecting to every wifi signal I walk or drive pass......

I go to the grocery store and it connects to the gyms network next door, I go for a bike ride and it connects to some randon xfinity free hotspot, I stay at a hampton Hotel and it continually connects to their wifi even though I never accessed or connected to it and even after I turn wifi off, I leave the hotel and come back and wonder why I have received no emails or messages on my phone and to find out it has connected itself to hotel wifi again but the signal is so poor nothing comes through....

when I am out and about through town I use my phone for XMSirius or Pandora and it is constantly stopped or interrupted because out of the blue the phone starts picking up some random wifi signal as I am walking/driving or biking.... today at the gym, turned wifi off before I walked in and started listening to XMsiruis... 30 min into workout XMsirius stops... goto look at phone and it is trying to connect to Panera bread wifi that shows connected with 1 bar..... I made sure wifi was turned off and already disabled scanning. Is there a setting I am missing? Never had this issue with any other phone going to all the same places...........
    05-02-2016 04:31 PM
    What carrier version are you running? I know the AT&T version comes with the AT&T Smart WiFi app which tracks your location for wifi connections. Check if you have a similar app installed.
    05-03-2016 08:15 PM
    Do you have the "My Places" Edge app running and accidentally set to turn Wi-Fi on when you're out and about (not at home/work)?
    05-03-2016 10:23 PM
    There must be a setting in the phone I am missing somewhere to stop wifi from connecting at will...

I did a quick search on here last week and found out I could turn off " wifi scanning" in a sub-setting hoping this would fix the nagging issue..... nope my s7 edge still connects to some free wifi network at most inopportune times.....

I only use wifi when I am at home on my own network and DO NOT want it connecting to every wifi signal I walk or drive pass......

I go to the grocery store and it connects to the gyms network next door, I go for a bike ride and it connects to some randon xfinity free hotspot, I stay at a hampton Hotel and it continually connects to their wifi even though I never accessed or connected to it and even after I turn wifi off, I leave the hotel and come back and wonder why I have received no emails or messages on my phone and to find out it has connected itself to hotel wifi again but the signal is so poor nothing comes through....

when I am out and about through town I use my phone for XMSirius or Pandora and it is constantly stopped or interrupted because out of the blue the phone starts picking up some random wifi signal as I am walking/driving or biking.... today at the gym, turned wifi off before I walked in and started listening to XMsiruis... 30 min into workout XMsirius stops... goto look at phone and it is trying to connect to Panera bread wifi that shows connected with 1 bar..... I made sure wifi was turned off and already disabled scanning. Is there a setting I am missing? Never had this issue with any other phone going to all the same places...........
    05-12-2016 09:56 PM
    I was having the same thing and dug into the advanced wifi settings on my s7. I found 2 that indicated they search for networks. Turned them to off (had to turn on wifi to make the fields clickable). Try that. Good luck
    05-12-2016 10:00 PM