I haven't purchased one yet, but this is the phone I'm really leaning towards. I'm just super paranoid I'm going to damage the device even with a case on it. Has anyone cracked the glass with a case installed? If so what case were you running?
    05-03-2016 07:59 PM
    Short answer is no. But..when I am at the gym or working out or doing yard work, I use the Incipio DualPro. I dropped the phone in thr case once on the driveway, no damage.

I recently decided to purchase the Otterbox Commuter case for more protection. The DualPro protected my phone very well, but the Otterbox has a larger lip on the top and bottom, to help with the face plant drops.
    mitul_mehta likes this.
    05-03-2016 08:06 PM
    The phone is not as fragile as it seems due to the glass. I have used both the s6 edge and s7 edge and have dropped both quite a few times with a case on and haven't damaged either yet. I used mostly slim cases from Spigen with a screen protector from Zagg. So far it has been pretty durable for me.
    05-03-2016 08:06 PM
    I shattered mine while using a Supcase Unicorn Beetle. My phone fell at the perfect angle onto a flower bed with rocks and shattered the screen right by the power button. Fortunately I had insurance but I still had to pay a $175 deductible. I think I'm going to cancel the insurance though because with that high a price plus the monthly premium I'll probably come out ahead if I just pay for a screen replacement if and when I manage to break it again.
    Stykthyn likes this.
    05-04-2016 02:03 PM
    I just dropped mine on a hard tiled floor 😣

Not a scratch!!! It's in a spigen case and it's never coming out of it again!!!!!!

Posted via the Android Central App
    05-04-2016 02:25 PM
    When you drop it the breakage depends on how it lands. Broke one when it fell and the screen hit something projecting before it hit the floor.

Second one I broke only broke the glass protector. It also hit something sticking out on way to floor, a wall wart in that case.

No case would have protected either one from breaking. Have had another phone drop 4 feet onto concrete floor and slide 3 feet. No scratch and not break because it landed flat.

So far no drops with S7e but don't expect it to be more break resistant.
    05-04-2016 02:49 PM
    I shattered mine while using a Supcase Unicorn Beetle. My phone fell at the perfect angle onto a flower bed with rocks and shattered the screen right by the power button. Fortunately I had insurance but I still had to pay a $175 deductible. I think I'm going to cancel the insurance though because with that high a price plus the monthly premium I'll probably come out ahead if I just pay for a screen replacement if and when I manage to break it again.
    I've had the unicorn beetle on my m8. It's a stout case. Asurion wants 199 to replace a broken device. At that cost you're right. It would be cheaper to just take it in after paying the monthly premium.
    05-04-2016 02:59 PM
    I've had three and now waiting on my fourth.... the first one fell on the ground and hit a rock (in a spigen tougharmor case) and shattered with a regular zagg HD screen protector. The 2nd one they sent had a factory defect in the lower 1/4 of the screen. So they replaced that one ( with a different color because they have no refurbished ones yet). Now this phone landed on a drawer handle at work. HIGHLY RECOMMEND GLASS SCREEN PROTECTOR

05-04-2016 03:43 PM
    So far I haven't had the unfortunate opportunity to have that happen to any of my phones while in a case. Hope I didn't jinx myself. I've always used and liked UAG cases for my phones.

05-04-2016 03:47 PM