Samsung browser or chrome?

aldo82

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Always used chrome in the past as like the sync between devices. But to me the Samsung browser with an ad blocker offers a much better browsing experience so I've been using that and am happy with it. If they could add chrome sync somehow it would be awesome!

Posted via the Android Central App

jlo3378

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I used chrome on my old phone but switched to Samsung browser for the ad blocking. I installed the Samsung extension on my desktop chrome to sync bookmarks. It's slower but it's working for me. I don't change my bookmarks that often that it causes problems for me. I mainly just wanted the initial sync of them and can manage from there.

marlin29311

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Was reluctant to move away from Chrome, but after realizing that Samsung Browser was faster and had ad blocking, I made the switch.

Cplampman

Mar 15, 2016
Visit site
I liked the Samsung browser a lot but I went back to chrome. It's a weird reason but one of the main reasons I use any mobile browser is to Google things. I couldn't stand how when you just search something in the url box, you couldn't see full search recommendations. For example, if I wanted to search "top BBQ restaurants in Minneapolis", the Samsung browser would show "top BBQ restaurants...". Just a random example but I couldn't deal with it. I know I could type it in a widget, or ok Google, or go to Google, but just seems like a lot of extra steps for me. Weird I know haha.

digitalbreak

Trusted Member
Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
I liked the Samsung browser a lot but I went back to chrome. It's a weird reason but one of the main reasons I use any mobile browser is to Google things. I couldn't stand how when you just search something in the url box, you couldn't see full search recommendations. For example, if I wanted to search "top BBQ restaurants in Minneapolis", the Samsung browser would show "top BBQ restaurants...". Just a random example but I couldn't deal with it. I know I could type it in a widget, or ok Google, or go to Google, but just seems like a lot of extra steps for me. Weird I know haha.

If you are into Google and it's services (like me), then clearly Chrome is your home.

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Chrome runs very slow on my Verizon S7e. I've tried the regular one, Beta and Dev versions. It ran way faster on my LG G3.

Does Chrome run like this on other people's S7e's? Perhaps it's just a Verizon issue? Using Samsung browser with adblocking is super fast and like the Chrome on the G3.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Chrome runs fine for me on my Verizon S7e. Just like on my old devices. The Samsung browser is so much faster in my opinion plus it has ad blocking

srikat

Aug 13, 2011
Visit site
Chrome is indeed choppy noticeable when scrolling up and down in my S7 Edge. Sticking to stock browser + AdBlock for now.

ogio

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Chrome. Simply due to syncing bookmarks.

i hate chrome because you have to press two things to get to your bookmarks.
with the samsung browser, you press one time, plus you can set your home button to a quick access feature, where it brings up bookmarks basically.

digitalbreak

Trusted Member
Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
i hate chrome because you have to press two things to get to your bookmarks.
with the samsung browser, you press one time, plus you can set your home button to a quick access feature, where it brings up bookmarks basically.

Sync is really good in Chrome that as soon as you type the URL, it gives you options from your recently visited sites, bookmarks. So i rarely go to bookmarks to open a bookmark or visited link. And this works even if I had visited a link in my desktop.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FarajWala800