05-08-2016 03:15 PM
33 12
tools
    I have the Google pixel C and the May security update arrived on my S7 Edge before it arrived on Google's own tablet. This is similar to what happened last month with the April security update, T-Mobile sending out to us before the people with Nexus phones had gotten it. I think it's hilarious that twice now, we've gotten security updates before the Nexus devices, since that's one of the things they always slam Samsung for.

Posted via the Android Central App
    SpookDroid likes this.
    05-05-2016 06:48 AM
    I have the Google pixel C and the May security update arrived on my S7 Edge before it arrived on Google's own tablet. This is similar to what happened last month with the April security update, T-Mobile sending out to us before the people with Nexus phones had gotten it. I think it's hilarious that twice now, we've gotten security updates before the Nexus devices, since that's one of the things they always slam Samsung for.

It personally doesn't bother me. Google is known for fast updates to the OS. Security patches are the new thing and since they have come out Google hasn't always been first. I believe people are confusing fast OS updates and thinking it applies to security patches. As long as they get it out within the first two weeks there is no harm really... At least it didn't bother me with my 6P as I knew it was always going to come. If I wanted it any faster I could side load within the first few days.

When Android N comes out you can bet the Nexus / Google devices will get it long before Samsung / carrier variants due to all the modifications they have to test out.
    SpookDroid likes this.
    05-05-2016 10:57 AM
    I've been using TuneIn Radio Pro on this phone from day one on my early delivered pre-order,which is FM radio..I was under the impression there would be an actual samsung radio app maybe..but either way great job T-Mobile on the update and the May security.

TuneIn Radio is NOT FM Radio. It has FM Stations, yes, but it's still a radio streaming app; it needs a valid internet/data connection to work. The added FM Radio feature doesn't use data or cellular network at all, it's just a radio receiver for OTA FM Radio signals. Also, just like a normal FM Radio, it's one-way only: the phone isn't outputting anything, just receiving and decoding the FM signal.
    Almeuit likes this.
    05-05-2016 11:31 AM
    Is it just me or does the standby battery seem to have approved after this update?
    05-05-2016 08:16 PM
    Couldn't say... mine lasts all day I no longer notice the battery percentage anymore. Just unplug in the morning, go about my day, charge at night. But the description did say it included system improvements and optimizations (although that's pretty much generic text for every update).
    05-06-2016 01:06 PM
    Has anybody noticed that the SD Card notification after powering up is gone? I've reset once or twice since getting the update and I'm pretty sure I haven't had to swipe away that notification like I usually do.
    SpookDroid likes this.
    05-06-2016 03:33 PM
    Yup, noticed that too.
    05-06-2016 04:18 PM
    TuneIn Radio is NOT FM Radio. It has FM Stations, yes, but it's still a radio streaming app; it needs a valid internet/data connection to work. The added FM Radio feature doesn't use data or cellular network at all, it's just a radio receiver for OTA FM Radio signals. Also, just like a normal FM Radio, it's one-way only: the phone isn't outputting anything, just receiving and decoding the FM signal.
    Thanks for the clarification

05-08-2016 03:15 PM
33 12