Don't like pressing the Home button? Np. Just swipe on it.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
I never understood the I don't wanna press the home button bit. My Galaxy S is still good to go after 6 years, and so is my Note 2 after 2 years of use.

aldo82

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
I wouldn't say I'm worried about wearing the button out. But having come from phones with soft buttons, I find the physical button a bit slow and clunky. It's quite loud sometimes too! I actually like the capacitive buttons and don't miss on screen buttons. But I would really like it if the home button was capacitive too. It could still be a physical button for waking the screen or for this that like it but then work as a capacitive home button for those that want that functionality. Basically like the easyhome app except I didn't think it worked that well. Wish Samsung would bring that in as an official feature!

Posted via the Android Central App

aldo82

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Same here. Just used to Nexus style capacitive buttons. What issue are you facing with EasyHome?

I had issues with certain apps opening if the app was running. After reinstalling it that went away but I then found it stopped working a bit too easily. I.e. clear all your recent apps out and it stops working. That's not what I expect from a system type app.

Also not sure if the capacitive layer is designed to be active all the time. If it's normally off then I would worry about the reliability of the part if it is now switched on all the time. Of course if Samsung implemented the feature then I'd be happy that the part could cope with it

Posted via the Android Central App

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
I had problems with it just not working sometimes, as if it had been swapped out of memory. But then it would suddenly start working again. The permanent notification setting didn't always work, either.Sometimes the notification would just go away.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke