Otterbox Commuter for S7E - Demo one of the BEST

teeitupmo#WN

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys/gals, just wanted to post this brief video. I believe the Otterbox Commuter case is one of the best for the Galaxy S7 Edge, for protecting the screen.

As you notice in the video, the case is very thin with a nice lip on the top and bottom.

The video demonstrates the screen does not touch the surface when placing it face down. I slide the ruler underneath the case from side to side. So on a face plant drop, the screen will not touch the ground.

My other cases, Incipio DualPro and Tech21 allow the screen to touch the surface. My ruler test does not work on these two cases.https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...%3A%2F%2Fvimeo.com%2F165331037&token=N6vBXkg3

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
I think the Symmetry is a better case. The Commuter is just too slippery on the sides where the hard back shell overlaps the interior silicone. I have both and have lost grip on the Commuter several times just trying to pick it up. Sticking with the Symmetry for now.

teeitupmo#WN

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Symmetry has a smaller lip on the top and bottom, the ruler doesn't slide underneath the case facedown, without catching on the screen.

My hands are large enough where I don't have issues gripping the Commuter case.

Symmetry is a sharper looking case, for sure.

oks10

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
My phone, in it's Symmetry case, fell 4+ ft and landed flat faced on my tile floor. (Slid off something I'd set it on on my bar counter). Screen wasn't touched, or it at least had no resulting damage. Sure the Defender increases that gap, but you're talking a good amount of force to close even the gap on the Symmetry. I've never been a fan of Defender cases because I'm one of those crazy people that likes to keep their phone inside their pocket. ;) lol Plus the Symmetry is easy to handle hence less likely to drop it to begin with.

davisgq

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site
I like and use the Supcase Unicorn Beetle case/holster. Doesn't add too much bulk to the S7 Edge.

Posted via the Android Central App

teeitupmo#WN

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
My phone, in it's Symmetry case, fell 4+ ft and landed flat faced on my tile floor. (Slid off something I'd set it on on my bar counter). Screen wasn't touched, or it at least had no resulting damage. Sure the Defender increases that gap, but you're talking a good amount of force to close even the gap on the Symmetry. I've never been a fan of Defender cases because I'm one of those crazy people that likes to keep their phone inside their pocket. ;) lol Plus the Symmetry is easy to handle hence less likely to drop it to begin with.
It's not the Defender, it's the Commuter. Otterbox does not make a Defender for the S7 Edge.

Nothing wrong with the Symmetry case, I choose the Commuter, because I am extremely active.

oks10

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
It's not the Defender, it's the Commuter. Otterbox does not make a Defender for the S7 Edge.

Nothing wrong with the Symmetry case, I choose the Commuter, because I am extremely active.

Oh, woops. My mistake! I don't know why I thought you said Defender... My point still stands against defender cases though. :D

teeitupmo#WN

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I like and use the Supcase Unicorn Beetle case/holster. Doesn't add too much bulk to the S7 Edge.

The Supcase looks like it has texture on the sides for extra grip?

Seems thicker than the Otterbox case. Looks sharp though.

davisgq

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site
The Supcase looks like it has texture on the sides for extra grip?

Seems thicker than the Otterbox case. Looks sharp though.

It does. I haven't seen the Otterbox up close for the Edge, but yeah the Supcase doesn't add too much more bulk. However, that thickness makes me feel secure in the event of a drop...

Dukins

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
I love the commuter case. So much so, I have a few different colors to mix and match. My normal is a Tech21 case. I used it on just about everyone phone I've had. Although the tech21 is a slim profile case and great protection for some phones, I feel the commuter is also slim enough with better overall protection. I have no concerns ever dropping my phone with the commuter.

teeitupmo#WN

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I love the commuter case. So much so, I have a few different colors to mix and match. My normal is a Tech21 case. I used it on just about everyone phone I've had. Although the tech21 is a slim profile case and great protection for some phones, I feel the commuter is also slim enough with better overall protection. I have no concerns ever dropping my phone with the commuter.
Yeah, I am going to buy that steel blue color of Commuter, this weekend. Otterbox has a sale for Mothers Day.. I also have a Tech21. Use the Commuter more often though for the better protection.

doxidad

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
I have the Supcase and the Commuter - they both provide good protection. Personally I like the Supcase better because it feels better when I hold it and it also comes with a holster so I don't need to put the phone in my pocket. I hate stuff in my pockets *unless it's money*!

teeitupmo#WN

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I have the Supcase and the Commuter - they both provide good protection. Personally I like the Supcase better because it feels better when I hold it and it also comes with a holster so I don't need to put the phone in my pocket. I hate stuff in my pockets *unless it's money*!
I like the looks of the Supcase, but I don't use the holster and I have never seen the Supcase in person, seems a bit thick. Looks like it will protect the S7E well.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site

Can you post some pictures showing what the phone looks like in your mix & match Commuter cases?

Dukins

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Can you post some pictures showing what the phone looks like in your mix & match Commuter cases?

Sure Ill upload some pics later this evening. Currently I have the black rubber inner piece with red hard shell. I have a red, black, and chrome motorcycle. It all looks so nice together lol.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Conrad Edmund