Otterbox Commuter for S7E - Demo one of the BEST

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Sure Ill upload some pics later this evening. Currently I have the black rubber inner piece with red hard shell. I have a red, black, and chrome motorcycle. It all looks so nice together lol.

Great, I would love to see them. I love that Citron Green & Black commuter with past phones but Otterbox seems to have done away with the Citron green as of lately with the Commuter cases. Red & Black sounds cool. :)

Dukins

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
It's far too slippery of a case. UAG is much better with grip and has the same raised lip to protect the screen

I actually plan to buy the uag red and black. Looks good and more than capable protection.

Great, I would love to see them. I love that Citron Green & Black commuter with past phones but Otterbox seems to have done away with the Citron green as of lately with the Commuter cases. Red & Black sounds cool. :)

Hopefully this attaches right. Uploading from my phone. Resized952016050695213457.jpgResized_20160506_213506.jpgResized952016050695213555.jpg

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Damn, I like that. Going to have to order up a red Commuter next week. Nice. What other combos do you have?
Grey rubber with Black shell woule be good.

mitul_mehta

Apr 16, 2016
Visit site
I think the Symmetry is a better case. The Commuter is just too slippery on the sides where the hard back shell overlaps the interior silicone. I have both and have lost grip on the Commuter several times just trying to pick it up. Sticking with the Symmetry for now.
For me the Commuter works well. It's not at all slippery and complete value for money as it also includes a screen protector at a lower price than the Symmetry case.

mitul_mehta

Apr 16, 2016
Visit site
My phone, in it's Symmetry case, fell 4+ ft and landed flat faced on my tile floor. (Slid off something I'd set it on on my bar counter). Screen wasn't touched, or it at least had no resulting damage. Sure the Defender increases that gap, but you're talking a good amount of force to close even the gap on the Symmetry. I've never been a fan of Defender cases because I'm one of those crazy people that likes to keep their phone inside their pocket. ;) lol Plus the Symmetry is easy to handle hence less likely to drop it to begin with.
I think the case being discussed here is the Commuter one and not the Defender which is terribly bulky though protective.

teeitupmo#WN

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Otterbox Commuter in grayish blue color.
3dabf8449ada3ce6665888b7ff1f6eb9.jpg

5d1a37518378b8a9ad8fd813cd478f72.jpg

teeitupmo#WN

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Hmm... honestly this colour does not go well with the gold color

It's not gold, it's the silver platinum, my overhead light makes it look gold.

I ordered this color because it looked good on the Otterbox website on the Silver S7E.

Not sure I like it, after using it less than 24hrs. I thought the plastic was going to be more steel blue. It is really a baby blue color.

Borderline a girly color.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
I'm on the fence on whether to buy a more robust case or stick with the OEM leather case. The leather case is slick, looks good and has better grip than any of the robust plastic and rubber cases. It just feels odd to not have a big protective case. I've always used protective cases on my phones, usually slimarmor cases.

Jay Sacks

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Just have to giggle. For years everyone is complaining to Samsung to make better quality looking phones. So they finally make these gorgeous phones and we still stick them in ugly plastic cases. Go figure.

Wingerr

Mar 7, 2016
Visit site
Just have to giggle. For years everyone is complaining to Samsung to make better quality looking phones. So they finally make these gorgeous phones and we still stick them in ugly plastic cases. Go figure.
does seem that phones are fashion statements more than devices to be used and not seen. Discussions of visible antenna lines as if they were panty lines, material appearances over effectiveness-

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
does seem that phones are fashion statements more than devices to be used and not seen. Discussions of visible antenna lines as if they were panty lines, material appearances over effectiveness-

True. If we were talking about basically utilitarian, the old Samsung plastric construction was best. Well actually no, Nokia's plastic polycarbonates were best (the first Lumias).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38