Emoji plugin that works with Kii Keyboard?

Lacey_Underalls

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone. I've searched both the forum and Google, but have yet to find an answer to my issue. I've been using Kii Keyboard for several years now and find the swype, autocorrect, and blacklist to be highly functional and customizable. On my prior phone (S4), I was able to install the Handcent emoji plugin which allowed me to post emojis outside of the stock email and messaging apps (i.e. Facebook, Instagram); however, as I've seen others comment, when I try to install Handcent or another emoji plugin through Kii as prompted on my new phone, it states "Item not found-Retry" (see pictures). Is installation/use of an emoji plugin completely blocked with the S7 edge as it appears custom fonts are (i.e. iFont app)? I've heard Kii Keyboard is no longer available in the Google Play Store, but I switched it to the new phone with the Smart Switch app and all other features of the app seem to work properly. Any suggestions?

1.png2.png

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Not likely related to the font app. The S7's font app has been on Samsungs since the first Galaxy S. AFAIK Handcent has also been removed from PlayStore, hence the can't find error. Have you tried Swiftkey?

Lacey_Underalls

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
Not likely related to the font app. The S7's font app has been on Samsungs since the first Galaxy S. AFAIK Handcent has also been removed from PlayStore, hence the can't find error. Have you tried Swiftkey?

Sorry for the lack of clarity: I didn't think the emoji plugin issue is related to the lack of ability to apply different fonts; I was using that as a reference point ("has emoji plugin ability gone the way of custom fonts in S7?"). Additional clarification: I've tried other emoji plugins beside Handcent and the same issue presents. I don't believe I've ever tried SwiftKey, but I'm open to trying it out. Does it allow for a user-created dictionary and blacklist or are those premium (paid) features? Does it allow for emojis to be used in non-stock apps like Instagram? (The info on Google Play says "emoji keyboard-learns and predicts your favorite emoticons").

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
SwiftKey doesn't have a premium version anymore. It's completely free, with paid for themes.

It doesn't actually have a user created dictionary that I can see. However it does remember words you create and eventually adds it to your dictionary. My native language used to be not among Swiftkey's dictionaries, and I managed to teach it to predict entire sentences in my language back then. Your entries are also backed up, hence words you create sync between all devices (even iOS). And yes, it allows emoji in any app that will accept emoji. Even some that don't. You get some weird '?' icon (happens to me on some emoji in clash of clans).
And yes it does predict emoji. 😊

Lacey_Underalls

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
If anyone has any workarounds or corrections to my understanding of the following issues with SwiftKey, I'd appreciate the feedback:

I'm not seeing any option to create shortcuts like you can in Kii, which is a big timesaver (i.e. if I type "ly" it expands to my entire email address). These shortcuts are still in my phone's personal dictionary under "System" - "Language and Input," but they clearly don't carry over to SwiftKey and I'm not seeing an option to add shortcuts in the actual SwiftKey app, either. Based on my Google searches, it looks like SwiftKey users are just out of luck with this feature, correct?

SwiftKey doesn't seem to be doing a good job of learning my custom words despite repeatedly entering them/tapping on them. Following some searching, I don't see the ability to manually add custom words to a user dictionary.

Finally, Kii had a feature that allowed me to press the volume buttons to move the cursor, which made corrections much simpler. SwiftKey doesn't allow for this and selecting the "add arrows" feature makes the keyboard that much bigger (it's already taking up half the screen even though I have the smallest size selected). Based on my hand placement while typing, it's quicker for me to use the volume buttons to move the cursor than it is to tap the arrows at the bottom of the keyboard (or click and drag the teardrop when a word is tapped).

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Ah. As far as I know Swiftkey doesn't have those kinds of shortcuts. Or the volume button things. You could contact them or post via the Swiftkey forum and suggest changes. You could also try Touchpal keyboard. No idea if it has the features you want though.

Lacey_Underalls

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
I think I've found what's going to be the best arrangement for me, although it's not totally ideal. I downloaded an APK of Handcent Emoji Plugin, which Kii recognized and I can now continue using the keyboard that seems to best suit my needs (wants?) and post emojis in non-stock apps. The only drawback is despite downloading what was allegedly the most recent version of Handcent (4.6-should have included the most recent emojis-taco, middle finger, unicorn, etc.) through three different APKs, it appears only older emojis were installed in Kii. A small disappointment, but I've got the full set of up-to-date emojis available through email and text. Still, an odd situation nonetheless. Thank you for your time and feedback, chanchan05!

Primo6711 1

Sep 9, 2016
Visit site
do you have the link for that apk. i cant seem to find the apk for handcent that works. tried multiple ones. i have the kii keyboard installed so thats good. i don't have the emoji anymore. i had to factory reset my phone.

kentaky

Oct 21, 2016
Visit site
I think I've found what's going to be the best arrangement for me, although it's not totally ideal. I downloaded an APK of Handcent Emoji Plugin, which Kii recognized and I can now continue using the keyboard that seems to best suit my needs (wants?) and post emojis in non-stock apps. The only drawback is despite downloading what was allegedly the most recent version of Handcent (4.6-should have included the most recent emojis-taco, middle finger, unicorn, etc.) through three different APKs, it appears only older emojis were installed in Kii. A small disappointment, but I've got the full set of up-to-date emojis available through email and text. Still, an odd situation nonetheless. Thank you for your time and feedback, chanchan05!
Give me the link which you downloaded emji plugin from it

erixkcoc

Nov 1, 2016
Visit site
Hi everyone. I've searched both the forum and Google, but have yet to find an answer to my issue. I've been using Kii Keyboard for several years now and find the swype, autocorrect, and blacklist to be highly functional and customizable. On my prior phone (S4), I was able to install the Handcent emoji plugin which allowed me to post emojis outside of the stock email and messaging apps (i.e. Facebook, Instagram); however, as I've seen others comment, when I try to install Handcent or another emoji plugin through Kii as prompted on my new phone, it states "Item not found-Retry" (see pictures). Is installation/use of an emoji plugin completely blocked with the S7 edge as it appears custom fonts are (i.e. iFont app)? I've heard Kii Keyboard is no longer available in the Google Play Store, but I switched it to the new phone with the Smart Switch app and all other features of the app seem to work properly. Any suggestions?

View attachment 226526View attachment 226527