05-10-2016 07:18 AM
41 12
tools
    I disabled DT Ignite and it hasn't affected my S7 edge's performance. As said earlier, it's so the carrier can download bloatware in the background to "increase ad revenue." No thank you!
    Tatt2014 likes this.
    05-07-2016 01:09 PM
    Same issue here using Screen Off & Lock by Katecca. I now have to use Pattern Unlock instead of FP. I use Screen Off & Lock because I don't like locking the phone with the power button, as I often use it to turn off the screen. Since the update caused this issue today, I tried another app for locking the phone from an icon and got the same result. It seems that the update has "increased" security, same as the OS never let us unlock our phone with FP, after a reboot. I wish they would give US options!
    Same here as well was using screen off & Lock with no issues until this update, ugh!!!! Now even if i use the power button sometimes it still asks me for a pattern with the fingerprint, very annoying!!! Does anyone have a work around or another app that will get around this as it kind of defeats the purpose of quickly unlocking the phone with your fingerprint! Might have to go back to swipe to unlock at this rate!!!!!!!!
    05-08-2016 11:51 AM
    Right after this update, I started having issues with Samsung Pay. I uninstalled the app and reinstalled hoping this will fix these issues...
    05-08-2016 12:09 PM
    Right after this update, I started having issues with Samsung Pay. I uninstalled the app and reinstalled hoping this will fix these issues...
    What type of issue? I can still unlock Samsung pay with my fingerprint. Is that the problem that you are having or something else totally different?
    05-08-2016 06:18 PM
    I kept getting messages that Samsung pay was temporarily unavailable. When it finally came back, I tried to use at Walgreens as I always do and it wouldn't work..
    05-08-2016 07:24 PM
    I kept getting messages that Samsung pay was temporarily unavailable. When it finally came back, I tried to use at Walgreens as I always do and it wouldn't work..
    Have you rebooted, since the update?
    05-08-2016 08:18 PM
    Yup
    05-08-2016 09:31 PM
    A am having the same issue after the update with unlocking the phone with the fingerprint sensor. It only lets me unlock about half the time with my fingerprint otherwise I have to enter a pin. I am using Google Now launcher and went back to twiz to see if it has to do with the launcher - not the case as it does it with both. I wiped my fingerprints and reset all my security settings and still no luck.

This really SUCKS! I dont see the point for the fingerprint sensor if you can only use it to open the phone half the time. Pre update I just needed to enter my pin at boot up.
    05-09-2016 09:24 AM
    Yup
    cleared cache?
    05-09-2016 09:41 AM
    I am having no issues with the fingerprint sensor. I am not using any special lockscreen apps though. I have the Google Now Launcher set to default. It has been a good update except that Android System is still my number 1 battery hog.
    05-09-2016 02:40 PM
    A am having the same issue after the update with unlocking the phone with the fingerprint sensor. It only lets me unlock about half the time with my fingerprint otherwise I have to enter a pin. I am using Google Now launcher and went back to twiz to see if it has to do with the launcher - not the case as it does it with both. I wiped my fingerprints and reset all my security settings and still no luck.

This really SUCKS! I dont see the point for the fingerprint sensor if you can only use it to open the phone half the time. Pre update I just needed to enter my pin at boot up.
    Mine works fine with the power button. But any widget or app turning the screen off will require password to unlock.
    05-09-2016 02:42 PM
    Mine works fine with the power button. But any widget or app turning the screen off will require password to unlock.
    Or pattern unlock.
    05-09-2016 02:44 PM
    That is so interesting, I never noticed that pattern. I have a screen-off button widget I use at times. I just read your post and tried a couple times and sure enough each time I use it it asks for PIN next time. Screen off timer or power button does not ask for PIN next time. Huh! I like the widget because it is easier than pressing the physical button and thought it would save wear and tear.
    05-09-2016 03:48 PM
    I used it at a self-check out at Lucky's yesterday (Mothers Day) and it worked fine. Now if we can just get Home Depot to get their act together and get ALL of their check out machines to work throughout their stores, I'd be amazed. In one store, you have to remember which check outs work with samsung pay and which don't. Not only that, it depends on their "upgrades". one day a machine will work, and then after it receiving updates such as to include chip reader, that particular machine won't work. yet other machines in the same store with chip readers work fine with SP. Employees claim that "never" have their self-check machines worked with SP. I claim that's BS.
    05-09-2016 04:15 PM
    What bugs me the most now is this GD wifi notification. I have no issues with wifi connectivity at home yet multiple times throughout the day it shows up and says tap to configure. I use my home wifi as a control in this observation because I know it's performance.

This also happens at work all day long. I can't guarantee wifi performance there, but it's pretty solid as well.

Posted via the Android Central App
    05-09-2016 05:09 PM
    Same issue here using Screen Off & Lock by Katecca. I now have to use Pattern Unlock instead of FP. I use Screen Off & Lock because I don't like locking the phone with the power button, as I often use it to turn off the screen. Since the update caused this issue today, I tried another app for locking the phone from an icon and got the same result. It seems that the update has "increased" security, same as the OS never let us unlock our phone with FP, after a reboot. I wish they would give US options!
    Thanks to all who reported this. I also use Screen Off & Lock combined with a double tap to power off the screen, and would hate not being able to use the fingerprint sensor. This is my first phone with one and I love it. Guess I'll avoid installing the update. Is there any way to permanently disable it or will I keep getting reminders?
    05-10-2016 07:18 AM
41 12