01-10-2017 11:27 AM
29 12
tools
    After update yesterday, my always on display is so dim, it may as well not even be on! What can I do to fix this?

Posted via the Android Central App
    05-07-2016 08:03 AM
    Does it change with ambient light? Mine is very dim coming out of sleep (I usually have in shirt pocket or laying on its face) but will brighten if surrounding light is high. I'd give it a few days...
    05-07-2016 09:07 AM
    After update yesterday, my always on display is so dim, it may as well not even be on! What can I do to fix this?

Uninstall the update. It seems to be happening to everyone.
    05-07-2016 10:15 AM

Not true, It works correctly on 2 S7's here.
    05-07-2016 10:29 AM
    How do I Uninstall?

05-07-2016 10:30 AM
    With the new update?
    05-07-2016 10:30 AM
    mine is much dimmer since the update, and i prefer it that way
    05-07-2016 10:49 AM
    Well there are many threads on the Internet with people having the same problem. Are you sure you have the new update?
    05-07-2016 10:53 AM
    How do I Uninstall?

Find the always on display under application manager then click more in the top right and uninstall updates. Remember to disable auto update in the Samsung apps otherwise it will keep installing itself.
    xocomaox and Fyrfyta like this.
    05-07-2016 10:55 AM
    mine is much dimmer since the update, and i prefer it that way
    I prefer to see it otherwise there is no point to having it enabled.
    05-07-2016 10:56 AM
    The update was released to help prevent burn in. Uninstall at your own risk.

05-07-2016 02:13 PM
    I am uninstalling my update. It's just too dim in lower light. I don't think there will be any issues with burn-in as it's not super bright and jumps around the screen as the time changes.
    05-07-2016 06:54 PM
    Where do you find the AOD app to uninstall the updates? I can't seem to find it...
    05-07-2016 07:13 PM
    Find the always on display under application manager then click more in the top right and uninstall updates. Remember to disable auto update in the Samsung apps otherwise it will keep installing itself.
    This is how you would ordinarily uninstall updates on an app and return to the stock version which came with the phone; however, this is not an option under the AOD service app on my Verizon S7 Edge.

05-07-2016 09:05 PM
    Ours are also dim after this update. They brighten up in brighter light but it does not take much for them to go DIMMMMMMMMM again.
    05-07-2016 09:12 PM
    This is how you would ordinarily uninstall updates on an app and return to the stock version which came with the phone; however, this is not an option under the AOD service app on my Verizon S7 Edge.

It only appears once the update has taken place. The always on display is not in the list of applications until after the update. Or maybe it is just a verizon thing.
    05-08-2016 01:09 AM
    Personally I like the new dimmer AOD. Now if someone could just make it so that we can manually adjust brightness. I'd prefer it actually to be always dim. Lol.
    05-08-2016 05:12 AM
    I also prefer the new dimmer AOD. Reading some of the complaints, there must be hardware differences. Mine was too bright before. Now it is just right.
    05-08-2016 01:52 PM

Not an option for me either, also on Verizon. Really kind of defeats the purpose, if I have to turn the screen on bc the AOD isn't working!

05-08-2016 08:39 PM
    Yeah dim is better...earlier it was brighter than my lumia 950 glance screen...but after update it's dimmer than the lumia...
    It's much better in a dark room when we are sleeping...

Posted via my Awesome Lumia 950 , Beautiful S7 Edge Gold or Surface pro 4
    05-09-2016 07:30 AM
    Where do you find the AOD app to uninstall the updates? I can't seem to find it...
    If you go into Application Manager, select More in the top right corner and touch "Show system apps". This will show you all the apps on your phone.

Now just find AODService, and you can then uninstall updates from here.

Not an option for me either, also on Verizon. Really kind of defeats the purpose, if I have to turn the screen on bc the AOD isn't working!
    Please follow the above directions. This was tested on a Verizon S7 Edge.

It only appears once the update has taken place. The always on display is not in the list of applications until after the update. Or maybe it is just a verizon thing.
    No, it shows up even if you haven't taken the update or have already uninstalled the update.
    05-12-2016 11:43 AM
    If you go into Application Manager, select More in the top right corner and touch "Show system apps". This will show you all the apps on your phone.

No, it shows up even if you haven't taken the update or have already uninstalled the update.
    Well mine didn't.
    05-12-2016 11:49 AM
    I disagree. Display is way too dark now. But this is why we should have a choice. Just like people like their brightness of the screen itself at different brightness levels. Or different audio volumes for music. This kind of stuff should always be user selectable. Different strokes for different folks! One size does not fit all.
    06-06-2016 08:55 PM
    Couldn't agree more. For me, way too dim after the update, so to be able to manually adjust it would be perfect.
    So I did uninstall the update, and it's much better now, but, again, I agree with you, let us decide.
    07-20-2016 08:02 AM

07-20-2016 08:06 AM
29 12