05-12-2016 12:31 AM
33 12
tools
    Anybody leave this on all the time?
    05-08-2016 05:27 AM
    I thought it was a cool idea, because it was similar to my Motorola Droids that I have had in the past. So I left AOD on...

Then...I realized you could not interact with the notifications like my Droids...and it used a little more battery than I thought it should.

So I turned it off and haven't used in weeks.

But...i received the Verizon update for my S7E from last week and now I am giving AOD another try.
    05-08-2016 06:28 AM
    Initially no, then realized having the time and date show up all the time is handy, turned it back on, then got a Gear S2 Classic watch and disabled AOD on the phone again.
    05-08-2016 07:39 AM
    Trying AOD off this week. I realized that I can still get notifications by running my finger across the edge, but even then I usually still just turn on the phone. Since I wear a watch, I don't really need to have AOD on my phone but we'll see.

Will experiment with night clock display settings this week too and see.

Posted via the Android Central App
    05-08-2016 07:42 AM
    I've had it on since I got the phone (March 21st). I love it - it does EXACTLY what I need it to, tell me the time. I don't need it to notify me for every.single.thing that my phone is doing. That would actually cause for a more battery drain, in my opinion. It lets me know when I got a text and if I missed a call. Good enough for me!!
    05-08-2016 10:49 AM
    I used to, but since the battery life went to hell I save the bit I can by keeping it off. Was very handy.
    05-08-2016 11:10 AM
    Impact on battery is only 0.5%/hr. I leave mine on all the time since I find the battery life, time, and calendar useful.

Posted via the Android Central App from my S7 edge
    Tatt2014 likes this.
    05-08-2016 11:57 AM
    I don't. I just don't see much use out of it.. Especially since it doesn't show notifications for all apps.
    05-08-2016 12:45 PM
    I agree with Iva_LadyDiCaprio98 above, the display does exactly what it needs to.
    05-08-2016 12:57 PM
    I do. I have it on a clock and calendar, which is super handy and more helpful than turning the lock screen on or looking at my watch (a regular analog watch). I love it!
    05-09-2016 01:01 AM
    I do use it and works great. Doesn't seem to use much battery and does what I need it to.

05-09-2016 01:24 AM
    Initially no, then realized having the time and date show up all the time is handy, turned it back on, then got a Gear S2 Classic watch and disabled AOD on the phone again.
    How you finding the watch? Thinking of getting it myself
    05-09-2016 02:41 AM
    How you finding the watch? Thinking of getting it myself
    It is very nice and handy. Being able to see the notifications of emails, SMS and WhatsApp when not near the phone (in another room of the house) is extremely convenient. I have ordered Jaybird X2 Sport Wireless bluetooth headphones and once I get them, will transfer some music to the watch and play them wirelessly when going for a walk, and use the music controls on the watch. All in all, good build quality, nice bright screen, 1.5 days of battery life and excellent touch response.
    05-09-2016 08:29 AM
    I've had it on since I got the phone (March 21st). I love it - it does EXACTLY what I need it to, tell me the time. I don't need it to notify me for every.single.thing that my phone is doing. That would actually cause for a more battery drain, in my opinion. It lets me know when I got a text and if I missed a call. Good enough for me!!
    I totally agree. I don't need my phone to control my life or to notify me for every last detail. I'm leaving it off this week. There is still the notification light and I've also been swiping along the edge screen to see notifications, which is more than enough for me. Being a long-time Blackberry user, I got addicted to the blinky red light and realized how by instinct I grabbed my phone way too quickly and often

Iva_LadyDiCaprio98 likes this.
    05-09-2016 09:14 AM
    I used to leave it on all the time, then I noticed one day that the display stopped moving around the screen every minute. It used to change location (to prevent screen burn in I guess), but it no longer does this. Anyone else experiencing this problem? Did Samsung change the interval of the display movement?
    05-09-2016 12:08 PM
    It still moves, just not as much

05-09-2016 01:05 PM
    I don't use it, but due to where I work it's rather useless. Rural area, large metal warehouse, you keep phones on airplane mode till you go outside at break or your battery drains in no time.
    05-09-2016 01:10 PM
    I turn it off during the day and I only use it when it's charging at night (as a clock). I turn it off during the day because my Garmin Forerunner smartwatch shows me the time and all the notifications I need. In fact, it shows me more details than even the AOD will show! The only thing my watch doesn't show me is the phone's battery life. Thankfully that's not something that I fret about with this phone, so I don't feel the need to check that unless I'm actually using the phone.
    05-09-2016 03:58 PM
    I had it on for a week to try, but since my phone vibrates for notifications and I have a watch for time its more of a gimmick for me.
    05-10-2016 03:18 AM
    This is just my opinion, but I think that a lot of people who say you don't need it are missing one of the main points. I don't feel like I need the time and date on my phone when it's sitting on my desk, but I do feel like it looks super cool. I think my phone with a calendar and clock always on the screen, sitting beside just a regular phone with nothing turns more heads and looks a lot jazzier.

CTgirl509 and brad419 like this.
    05-10-2016 06:19 AM
    Haven't understood what's the idea behind that calendar display as it only shows blank days of the ongoing month?
    05-10-2016 04:24 PM
    Haven't understood what's the idea behind that calendar display as it only shows blank days of the ongoing month?
    What do you mean blank days? It's just a calendar. People have hung them on their walls for centuries.

Posted via the Android Central App from my S7 edge
    brad419 likes this.
    05-10-2016 08:49 PM
    Yes

Posted via the Android Central App via a kicking Gold Galaxy S7 Edge.
    05-10-2016 10:02 PM
    This is just my opinion, but I think that a lot of people who say you don't need it are missing one of the main points. I don't feel like I need the time and date on my phone when it's sitting on my desk, but I do feel like it looks super cool. I think my phone with a calendar and clock always on the screen, sitting beside just a regular phone with nothing turns more heads and looks a lot jazzier.

That's true but I personally don't try and turn heads with my phone... Not my thing .
    edubb256 likes this.
    05-10-2016 10:44 PM
    I mean that it doesn't show any information you have in the calendar.
    05-11-2016 12:24 AM
33 12