05-13-2016 02:50 PM
158 ... 4567
tools
    There is single curve on the Note edge. The 6 edge and 6 edge plus have curves on both sides (right and left) or look that way in the pics. I'm talking about the curves on the front screen.
    No no. I'm talking front and back curves, not left and right.
    05-11-2016 06:15 PM
    The left and right I am speaking of are on the front. They are on the front of the edge 7 too. I don't see the diff.
    05-11-2016 06:17 PM
    Oh please we all know glass is breakable. You understand the concept of HOW breakable. IF all the complaints I've read are true this is the most breakable glass screen by a wide margin. Nearly every phone has a glass screen. You expect users to expect this to be the most breakable. If they don't know they deserve no sympathy. I disagree. I doubt they knew and I don't think they are dumb. They trusted Samsung to make something reasonably durable. We're getting nowhere now so let's let this rest before I get the boot for a point that is moot!
    Well in that case Apple needs a new design then. I've seen more broken iPhone screens than I can count.
    mhinc likes this.
    05-11-2016 06:17 PM
    Well in that case Apple needs a new design then. I've seen more broken iPhone screens than I can count.
    Maybe so. I hope both are fixed in next model.
    05-11-2016 06:20 PM
    Maybe so. I hope both are fixed in next model.
    And as we said sadly it won't. People want a nice looking thin phones (that's how Samsung got here..people hated plastic).. Hence why Apple is trying to make it like a piece of paper. That's the want. Yet with that things give.. The durable cases are shunned by most simply due to bulk.

As for this topic as it's been said..the phone is glass and without a case it'll break. Not saying a case is a full guarantee but it helps a lot more versus glass taking the brute force of an impact and breaking.
    05-11-2016 06:23 PM
    No
    What are you talking about? The 6 Edge and Edge Plus has two curved screens. It basically looks almost exactly like the S7 Edge.
    05-11-2016 06:29 PM
    What are you talking about? The 6 Edge and Edge Plus has two curved screens. It basically looks almost exactly like the S7 Edge.
    First, why defensive?

Second, I'm well aware that both sides of the display are curved (this is not "two curved screens"). I think the confusion was that I was talking about the front and back of the device, not the left and right (as I said in a later post, but you didn't read that far yet).
    05-11-2016 06:32 PM
    The left and right I am speaking of are on the front. They are on the front of the edge 7 too. I don't see the diff.
    OMG. There are far more curves on the S7e than the S6e or S6e+ because the back of the device also has significant curves. So that makes twice as many curves in glass to impact and break.
    05-11-2016 06:33 PM
    First, why defensive?

Second, I'm well aware that both sides of the display are curved (this is not "two curved screens"). I think the confusion was that I was talking about the front and back of the device, not the left and right (as I said in a later post, but you didn't read that far yet).
    Not defensive. Didn't mean to come out that way.
    05-11-2016 06:36 PM
    Not defensive. Didn't mean to come out that way.
    No worries, I seem to default to "take things negative". I need to work on that.

I'm only being specific so that there is no confusion since curves can be on sides and also on front and rear of the devices we're all talking about.
    05-11-2016 06:37 PM
    After reading this thread I'm suffering anxiety and panic attacks now that I know glass will break. I'm going to file a lawsuit against Samsung for mental anguish and suffering,anyone else want in?
    chanchan05, mhinc and clintw22 like this.
    05-11-2016 07:25 PM
    I have a s6 edge note 4 note 5 and the s7 edge. The s7 series has a different glass that can scratch and crack alot easier than the past versions.
    S7 is the first phone i think twice about putting a case on. It is somewhat like the nexus 4 and iphone 4 ease of cracking
    05-11-2016 08:52 PM
    To answer the title of this thread I have dropped my S7 twice swith no damage. One was onto floorboards from about 24 inches off the ground. The other time was onto carpet from about the same time.

I have also dropped a metal torch onto my phone from about 3 feet. The phone was charging on the floor by the side of my bed and the torch was on the bed when I sat down on the bed and off it went and landed on my phone. Not a scratch on the phone.

Suppose this doesn't help your class action does it.

Posted via the Android Central App via a kicking Gold Galaxy S7 Edge.
    oneformula and gowhatyourself like this.
    05-12-2016 06:23 AM
    They obviously designed this towards the beauty side and not throttled rugged side. For those who want a rugged s7, they do make the s7 active. Your choice.
    You are right, they do make an S7 Active, but how does that help those on Verizon or Sprint? The Active is an AT&T Exclusive.
    05-12-2016 10:08 AM
    You are right, they do make an S7 Active, but how does that help those on Verizon or Sprint? The Active is an AT&T Exclusive.
    change carriers or choose another ruggedized device from your current carrier or purchase an unlocked ruggedized device.
    05-12-2016 10:44 AM
    change carriers or choose another ruggedized device from your current carrier or purchase an unlocked ruggedized device.
    Just my opinion but changing carriers to get a specific device is not a good idea.

I also am not concerned about a rugged device, was just stating a fact that the Active isn't an option for everyone who wants a rugged device.

I haven't bought one yet, but I do have every intention of upgrading my S5 to an S7 or Edge and am fully aware that these are "fragile" devices and need to be treated as such.
    05-12-2016 11:18 AM
    The glass cracked at nothing? No way, I think he's just that ugly.
    05-12-2016 12:24 PM
    I've dropped it a few times. Not a mark.
    05-12-2016 01:42 PM
    I also am not concerned about a rugged device, was just stating a fact that the Active isn't an option for everyone who wants a rugged device.
    not even the S7 edge is an option for everyone depending on their carrier
    05-12-2016 01:49 PM
    Then buy a protective case...
    oneformula likes this.
    05-12-2016 02:10 PM
    I was on another forum earlier and was reading all kinds of horror stories about how the screens on these phones are cracking at nothing. I wanted to share my experience in hopes of getting the word out before it happens to you or to discourage people from buying this piece of junk.

Two weeks after buying and treating this thing like a piece of Gold, I get out of my car, drop the phone about a foot from the ground and the screen is shattered. I had an S3 and I dropped that phone at least 100 times and its still as good as new. I think Samsung should stand behind their $800 product and give some customer support as Iphone would if they developed a defective product. This phone has issues and Samsung is NOT stepping up to the plate and backing it.

Please share you experiences with your phone as i would like to start a Class action lawsuit to force Samsung to fix their faulty product.
    Dude what the heck are you talking about. It's your own fault that you dropped your phone and the screen cracked. It's your stupidity that you did that. If you didn't get insurance you got to pay the price of the phone just like you do with Apple. It because of your stupidity it's not the phone companies fault. What is even more stupid is when people don't put cases on their phone and they drop their phone and blame the phone company.

I dropped my phone S7 Edge many of times and the screen has never cracked
    05-12-2016 02:59 PM
    So the ones who said their screen just cracked and they did nothing to make it crack. Do you believe them?

If so you owe me a million dollars.
    oneformula and chanchan05 like this.
    05-12-2016 03:03 PM
    That line is probably getting as famous as "check's in the mail". As has been said by many, glass doesn't just crack for nothing.
    05-12-2016 03:43 PM
    I was on another forum earlier and was reading all kinds of horror stories about how the screens on these phones are cracking at nothing. I wanted to share my experience in hopes of getting the word out before it happens to you or to discourage people from buying this piece of junk.

Two weeks after buying and treating this thing like a piece of Gold, I get out of my car, drop the phone about a foot from the ground and the screen is shattered. I had an S3 and I dropped that phone at least 100 times and its still as good as new. I think Samsung should stand behind their $800 product and give some customer support as Iphone would if they developed a defective product. This phone has issues and Samsung is NOT stepping up to the plate and backing it.

Please share you experiences with your phone as i would like to start a Class action lawsuit to force Samsung to fix their faulty product.
    The new Galaxy phones are not faulty... the outside of these phones are just made out of around 90% glass and obviously glass breaks much easier than polycarbonate or metal so if you drop one of these phones without a case on them there's a very good chance that it's going to break... especially the edge version where the edges are mostly glass, and a case doesn't even help you much with one these. You're not going to win any court case here.

Common sense will tell most people that if they buy a phone that's made out of mostly glass that it's going to be fragile and will probably break if you drop it.... but for some reason people line up like lemmings to buy these new galaxy phones... I personally think it's an absolutely stupid design idea. After owning a S3, S4, Note 3, and Note 4 I will never own another Galaxy phone again till Samsung wakes up and makes a decent designed phone again.
    05-12-2016 04:31 PM
    Common sense. Ok common sense

posted from my galaxy s7edge
    05-12-2016 04:52 PM
158 ... 4567