Big Reception Issue on s7 Edge ???

A

AC Question

I have a unique problem my s7 edge is getting much lower signal strength than my s5 on same place with same sim ... s5 is getting -91dbm in (about device)sim status and s7 is getting -113dbm in (about device)sim status .. for this reason my s7 is not recognizing the network and not getting any coverage ... but there is another problem when i installed an app gsm signal tracker it is telling my signal strength on s7 is -91dbm too .. so is it some kind of software problem then ? which is restricting the system to get enough signals ... P.S my s5 worked nicely on -90dbm signals never went out of coverage ... plz help ? is there any patch for that or should i get my s7 replaced?
btw i my s7 edge is dual sim exynos processor phone

tiffany83704

May 10, 2016
Visit site
Same exact problem. Moved from S5 to S7 and cannot retain a call (constant dropped calls) and when I manage to stay connected, callers can barely hear or understand me and say I'm cutting out.

MartinMPL

Oct 13, 2015
Visit site
I had 2 S6 Edge's with radio problems like this. Got a refund after the second. My S7 Edge is OK and even though I have a weak signal where I live (-112 dBm) I still get 4G.
I guess there are just some dodgy radios out there (software reporting aside).
My advice is to return and replace asap.

JanPag

Jan 9, 2017
Visit site
Did anyone have a solution for the problems with Samsung S7 Edge phone. Had Note 2 for a few years, no problem till it died one night without warning, hence the need to get another phone and thanks to Note 7 being recalled needed to go for something else. So far, NOT impressed at all. Reception is pathethic. Am with biggest phone provider here with best coverage and haven't moved office, home, car, workplace etc and reception is terrible. Keeps cutting in and out whenever it feels like it and people can't understand me half the time. Thought it might have been a faulty phone and firstly changed the SIM card without any joy, then the phone - note - it was just 2 weeks old. Then since having this one for 3 days it is the same ridiculous situation - even experienced by my phone provider today - hahaha!. Samsung less than helpful - take it to a service centre - what - after 3 days for them to fiddle with a brand new phone and this is the second phone of the S7 Edge variety. Hardly any apps put on the phone other than what they came with so it's not overload there! Complete frustration. Would it be better to get a refund and go for something else completely? Any recommendations - and I'm not an Apple fan.

sparksd

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
I find it surprising as I'm really amazed by the excellent reception I'm getting over the Sprint LTE network here in Seattle. In places where my Note 4 can't even get small email text files I can get almost 50Mbps on my S7E and voice clarity is very, very good.

JanPag

Jan 9, 2017
Visit site
I am pleased to see one happy customer with the S7 Edge. I cannot work with this Samsung phone. It's pathetic. Am seriously thinking about getting the motherboard repaired in the Note 2. At least I never had an issue with it - only ever had to change the battery once.

jejb

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, you're unhappy with your S7E, but there are far more than one happy customer! I compared my S7E's signal strength to our Note 3 and S5 in the same place at the same time. They were all within 2dbm of each other, and all work equally well for reception. The S7E has the best call quality, though. Calls are so loud and clear on Verizon on it. Amazing phone. Only thing I'd add if I could would be the Note stylus.

jnfsu

Jan 24, 2017
Visit site
I upgraded from the S5 to the S7 Edge using T-mobile. Suddenly, I couldn't receive or make calls from places where I'd never had a problem before, although I didn't have a problem in most places. I could call someone using the S7 and they would say I was so broken up we would have to terminate the call. I could then swap the SIM card into my S5, call the same person from the same location and I would have no problem whatsoever. So, I got another brand new S7 Edge. Same problem. So I got a third S7 Edge. Same problem. Meanwhile, I spoke with a number of people at T-Mobile and Samsung and no one had any recommendations. Finally, at my wit's end, I was just about to dump my S7 Edge, Samsung and T-Mobile. Then I spoke with an assistant manager at a nearby T-Mobile store who asked me to bring the phone in. Dwayne immediately went to settings, applications, phone and "Voice over LTE Preferred," which he changed from on to off. I haven't had a problem since. Dwayne said it's helped everyone he's done it for. I can't believe that no one mentioned this to me before and I had to suffer through all of the grief and frustration of not being able to make calls, of having to set up a new phone three times, of having to carry two phones, etc. Unbelievable. Thanks, Dwayne!!! I'm doing my best to spread the word. I hope this helps someone.