I have a galaxy s7 edge and ive been struggling with this for the past 3 days and I'm getting extremely annoyed. I set my phone on a pattern lock for while I'm at work but I want to take it off and it won't let me but when I go to clear credentials it's still greyed out. I've tried just about everything and it still won't let me change the dang security thing to swipe. Pleeeease help!!
    05-08-2016 12:12 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Is the phone encrypted? Encrypted phones usually won't let you do Swipe to Unlock only.

Moved to the S7 edge forum.
    05-08-2016 12:28 PM
    All phones that have marshmallow are encrypted automatically. Its built-in to the OS. There is a way, I'll try to figure it out and get back. I just forgot but ive done it.

Posted via Android Central App
    05-09-2016 05:25 AM
    You can set it so it stays unlocked at home and other safe places (though after four hours, you still have to unlock it, and of course after resetting the phone you have to unlock it with your passcode). Also, I find that using the fingerprint unlock is faster than swiping the lock screen because I use the home button to turn the phone on, so just leave my finger on there for an extra second or two so it can read my fingerprint (which works to unlock even when lock is off in safe places).
    05-11-2016 04:05 AM
    I'm not sure I understand the issue. If I want to remove the password on my screen (whether or PIN or pattern), all I have to do is go to Settings>Lockscreen and Security>Screen lock>set it to swipe or none. Aftet that, no more pattern lock. I don't see where the clear credentials bit come into this.
    05-11-2016 04:24 AM
    All phones that have marshmallow are encrypted automatically. Its built-in to the OS. There is a way, I'll try to figure it out and get back. I just forgot but ive done it.

Posted via Android Central App
    Right, but I thought some phones have an option to disable the encryption. My mistake!
    05-11-2016 07:06 PM
    I'm not sure I understand the issue. If I want to remove the password on my screen (whether or PIN or pattern), all I have to do is go to Settings>Lockscreen and Security>Screen lock>set it to swipe or none. Aftet that, no more pattern lock. I don't see where the clear credentials bit come into this.
    It looks like the OP's issue is that she cannot select Swipe to Unlock.
    delthor7 likes this.
    05-11-2016 07:07 PM