So I was in the pool taking some pics underwater yesterday. everything was fine until today both the front and rear cameras were foggy on the inside. I used a blow dryer and that didn't work. Am I screwed or is there another way to fix this. This never happened going underwater before
    05-08-2016 06:51 PM
    Depends how long was the phone under water ?

Posted via my Awesome Lumia 950 , Beautiful S7 Edge Gold or Surface pro 4
    05-09-2016 07:31 AM
    You should not take it into the pool. The chlorine can cause issues. If it accidentally was dropped into the pool then you should immediately remove it and rinse it with tap water,as discussed in the manual.

Secondly you shouldn't use a hair dryer. The heat can damage the seals.

With that said, if you are technically inclined then you can disassemble it, dry it out, and re assemble it.

If not a qualified repair shop can do it.

Doing a poor job could damage it further or cause problems with the ip68 rating
    05-09-2016 02:55 PM
    Two thoughts: At this point, it can't hurt to try the old trick of putting it in a sealed container of rice and hope it dries out. But if chlorinated pool water got inside your phone, nothing good can happen in the long run. Chlorine is corrosive.

Second, when will people understand this it NOT sold as a waterproof phone or underwater camera? It's water resistant only, water damage is not covered under the warranty, and it is most definitely not designed to survive use in swimming pools, the ocean, or other environments that contain corrosive chemicals (chlorine and salt, for example). Nowhere does Samsung encourage you to use the phone underwater. Water resistance is intended to protect the phone against accidental contact with fluids, or accidental dunking in water. There are truly waterproof cameras, and camera cases, available. A good waterproof camera case costs nearly as much as your phone.
    chanchan05 likes this.
    05-09-2016 03:01 PM