I just discovered that when I have my phone on "sound" (I usually keep it on the vibrate setting), typing emojis in texts makes a clicking noise. I double checked my system and key-tap feedback settings and they're all set to "off," including touch sounds and keyboard sound. I also checked the individual keyboard settings (both Kii Keyboard, which I'm currently using and the stock Samsung keyboard) and that feature is off there, as well. Any thoughts?
    05-08-2016 11:16 PM
    The emoji are part of the app, not your keyboards, if you are using the Messages app's button to the right of where you type. I also just noticed tonight that the emoji make an annoying click sound that has no setting for the sound. Since I was watching TV at the time, it wasn't a huge deal, but if I need it to be quiet, I will just use the emoji in my keyboard (SwiftKey).
    05-09-2016 12:36 AM
    Yes, the emoji "button" to the immediate right of the typing field is the one making the noise for me. Unfortunately, as I was describing in another thread, I'm having an issue with emojis in Kii Keyboard. I've been using Kii for years and find it suits my needs better than SwiftKey; however, after transferring it over with the Smart Switch app upon changing phones last week (Kii no longer exists in the Google Play Store), I couldn't get it to recognize any emoji plugin from the Play Store (I previously used Handcent Emoji Plugin with no trouble on my S4), so I had to use an emoji plugin APK to get Kii to recognize it. I've not been able to find a current emoji plugin with up-to-date emojis (taco, middle finger, unicorn, etc.), so I'm stuck with the older version for apps outside of the stock messages where I need to use the emoji feature through Kii (Instagram, Facebook); therefore, using the Kii emoji feature in messages to avoid the clicking sound limits my emoji use. No perfect workaround to be found on my end, but since I usually have my phone on vibrate, I guess the clicking won't be a major issue. (Sorry for the longgg explanation!)
    05-09-2016 03:37 PM
    Are there no other emoji apps similar to Kii? I haven't looked.
    05-11-2016 01:30 AM
    Kii is not an emoji app-it's a third-party keyboard like SwiftKey. It uses an emoji plugin app to allow for emojis to be integrated into the keyboard. I prefer the features offered by Kii over other keyboards I've tried, so I'm not interested in changing the keyboard itself.
    05-12-2016 10:24 PM
    Ah, gotcha.
    05-13-2016 01:50 AM