06-05-2016 12:10 AM
31 12
tools
    OK, so if you hit power it allows the fingerprint next time you unlock but if it's with the Display it doesn't? Then go to Secure lock settings in Lock Screen and Security settings and check and post here your settings. On my T-mobile device I have lock Instantly with power key and then I have it to lock automatically after 5 seconds it turns off.

I'm curious to know about this as it seems that the key of the issue must be on this menu.
    I have both that you have set so that is not the issue, but now i am starting to believe on the corrup thing so going to try what other guy said about changing to pin and clearing fingerprint app data but don't know what else so i might need to get samsung help as well.
    05-09-2016 05:37 PM
    I have Verizon and applied update last week. I have had no issues, take a look, it's instant unlocking:
    https://forums.androidcentral.com/e?...token=E7wtMPOG
    05-09-2016 09:54 PM
    No, he changed my pattern to a pin and then went into apps > fingerprints and cleared all app data. He then messed with my launcher a bit but I lost him after that. I did not have to rebuild my fingerprints so wiping the app data does not include those.

So i just worked with a Samsung support person through chat and he went into my phone, but was not able to fix it, so not sure what they did for you. What launcher are you using, and is it really working fine now without having to do both fingerprint and pattern or pin?
    05-10-2016 08:58 AM
    So i just worked with a Samsung support person through chat and he went into my phone, but was not able to fix it, so not sure what they did for you. What launcher are you using, and is it really working fine now without having to do both fingerprint and pattern or pin?
    One thing I just think about was maybe if you install the Good Lock app (update on the Galaxy apps) due that it refreshed the UI, it may fix glitches like this one. Don't hurt to try, and if you don't like it just uninstall it and it goes back to default UI.
    05-10-2016 09:18 AM
    I'm from India with s7 edge exenos having same problem can't use fingerprint unlock after the latest update to s7 edge, kindle suggest?
    06-04-2016 10:07 PM
    I'm from India with s7 edge exenos having same problem can't use fingerprint unlock after the latest update to s7 edge, kindle suggest?
    If the tips in this thread didn't work then try to backup any important data and do a factory data reset and don't install any apps to see if you still have the same problem
    06-05-2016 12:10 AM
31 12