10-03-2016 12:20 PM
70 123
tools
    I recently installed Good Lock on my phone and I feel like there has been some noticeable battery lost. Is this app battery heavy or am I mistaken? Anybody else using it and has it been killing your battery faster?
    05-09-2016 02:04 PM
    We had a thread awhile ago and I think folks were seeing about a 2.5% hit with the upgraded version. Good Lock is baked into MM on the S7, the one in the Galaxy Apps is an upgrade. I tried it and didn't really see that much of an issue with the battery, I just didn't need what it was doing over the onboard version. According to Sammobile, there is another update out now.
    05-09-2016 02:19 PM
    24.0.8 is out now. Going to give it another try and see as my battery is shot anyway, though it didn't make much difference before really. Hopefully some better colour schemes in this one.

Any list of the differences/upgrades in the new version? It's not available here so I've to side load it.
    05-09-2016 02:30 PM
    I tried it and realized that I hated the stock notification shade and uninstalled quickly.

Posted via the Android Central App from my S7 edge
    05-09-2016 02:34 PM
    Any list of the differences/upgrades in the new version? It's not available here so I've to side load it.
    The list is on SamMobile.com, but its in small text and I'm not sure about listing copyrighted stuff here. The list is fairly lengthy. Post back what you think about the new version.
    05-09-2016 02:36 PM
    The list is on SamMobile.com, but its in small text and I'm not sure about listing copyrighted stuff here. The list is fairly lengthy. Post back what you think about the new version.
    The lock screen clock doesn't display so I didn't get much further with it. The tutorial seemed to suggest more options around the notifications though.
    05-09-2016 02:41 PM
    I tried it and realized that I hated the stock notification shade and uninstalled quickly.

Posted via the Android Central App from my S7 edge
    Same here!
    05-11-2016 03:55 AM
    I tried it and actually liked it quite a bit until I returned from vacation and wanted to quick connect to my tv. But lo and behold there is no option in the notification shade to access quick connect. I couldn't find quick connect in the settings app. Uninstalled. I stream to my samsung tv all the time.
    05-11-2016 06:31 AM
    I tried it and actually liked it quite a bit until I returned from vacation and wanted to quick connect to my tv. But lo and behold there is no option in the notification shade to access quick connect. I couldn't find quick connect in the settings app. Uninstalled. I stream to my samsung tv all the time.
    I was the only one requesting this feature from them since day 1, they told me with previous version that they added QuickConnect but what they added was just the Smart View option, I requested it again and finally they added the QuickConnect feature on this new release.

As soon as I read on the Change log that they finally added I re-installed it and I can tell you that the only thing left for me now is the LTE icon instead of the 4G, their answer is always telling us what we already know, that the phone is connected at LTE and that LTE is just 4G around the world, but I told them that we know that, the problem is that we, Americas' users are used to see the LTE icon there so it's confusing for us.
    Dukins and kojak like this.
    05-11-2016 07:45 AM
    I was the only one requesting this feature from them since day 1
    Not quite, but, yeah, I was happy see it made it into this release.

Seems weird they would have left out functionality that specifically works with their own brand of televisions in the first place.
    05-11-2016 09:54 AM
    i tried it and deleted it almost as quickly as I installed it. I did not like it.
    Bag of Leaves and brad419 like this.
    05-11-2016 11:12 AM
    I tried it for a few days but didn't like it.
    Bag of Leaves likes this.
    05-11-2016 12:25 PM
    Had some promise but the quick connect missing was a big turn off. Also I do t like the colour themes, I want to customise every aspect if I get the option to change things, not a set tri-colour band. Not for me but nice they're doing things like this.
    Bag of Leaves likes this.
    05-11-2016 12:32 PM
    Not quite, but, yeah, I was happy see it made it into this release.

Seems weird they would have left out functionality that specifically works with their own brand of televisions in the first place.
    Well, it's not a contest so sorry if it sounded like that, I just wanted to express that it seemed like that as I didn't see any other request asking for it.

But yes, I'm also glad that they finally added that feature.
    05-11-2016 01:11 PM
    i tried it and deleted it almost as quickly as I installed it. I did not like it.
    Have you tried it recently? I can understand that if you tried it on the first release then it was 90-10 that you didn't like it, now with all things they have added and changed based on users feedbacks, I can honestly say that there is a little more than 50-50 that you may like it and even keep it, just like me.

Key point here is to go to the Advance settings menu and turn off basically everything they have there and look the best color combination you can find for you and it's another thing completely.
    05-11-2016 01:12 PM
    Have you tried it recently? I can understand that if you tried it on the first release then it was 90-10 that you didn't like it, now with all things they have added and changed based on users feedbacks, I can honestly say that there is a little more than 50-50 that you may like it and even keep it, just like me.

Key point here is to go to the Advance settings menu and turn off basically everything they have there and look the best color combination you can find for you and it's another thing completely.
    I tried it about two weeks ago. Honestly, I just do not like what it does.
    05-12-2016 12:25 AM
    Gave up on it a few weeks ago and decided to give it another go today, and to my surprise it's much, much better. No more mandatory swipe right to save etc. I like it.

Posted via the Android Central App
    05-12-2016 10:11 AM
    I tried it about two weeks ago. Honestly, I just do not like what it does.
    Got it.

I'm the kind of guy that have never liked the Android Vanilla look and have always preferred the other skins out there and have never had any problems with TouchWiz (now even better with Themes) and for some strange reason I installed Good Lock and really liked it for the get go, the only things that kept me uninstalling are the ones that they have fixed or changed, so now with this last version I'll definitely keep it.
    05-12-2016 10:19 AM
    For me the ability to compress multiple notifications into one row make the notification shade so much better. I've got four apps that provide a constant notification. They used to take up four full rows. Now they're all hidden in one little half-height row, so I actually can see my real notifications.

And the ability to remove a notification, but tell it to come back in 10 minutes, or half an hour, is also great.

I'm not crazy about the color schemes, or the look of the quick toggles, but that's minor compared to the improved functionality.

And yes, the lock screen clock displays just fine, unless you turned off the option to show widgets on the lock screen.
    05-13-2016 03:15 PM
    I had been using it again recently and it was quite good, but I've just realised that it uninstalls completely if you reboot the phone. Probably only on phones that you had to side load it on, but a pain nonetheless.
    05-23-2016 03:09 AM
    What exactly is Good Lock?
    05-23-2016 03:14 AM
    What exactly is Good Lock?
    Samsung's 'Good Lock' UI is your Galaxy S7, as seen through a fever dream | Android Central
    love4speechless likes this.
    05-23-2016 03:17 AM
    So it's pretty much a second Samsung launcher?
    05-23-2016 03:20 AM
    So it's pretty much a second Samsung launcher?
    Pretty much. The main parts I like are the recent apps screen layout and the notification bar icons.
    05-23-2016 03:23 AM
    Pretty much. The main parts I like are the recent apps screen layout and the notification bar icons.
    Apparently it's only available in America. Boo. I'm in Australia xd
    05-23-2016 03:28 AM
70 123