06-14-2016 10:10 AM
43 12
tools
    Wow the screen protector held up better than the Gorilla Glass. I have been waiting for a decent glass protector for my S7 Edge. But it looks like it wouldn't matter if the screen is so delicate it will shatter worse then the protector. I may as well just stick with my plastic film protector to prevent scratches.
    Yeah. Definitely didn't hold up as well as I would have hoped. I don't know if the impact was JUST in the right spot or what but it destroyed the gorilla glass.
    05-28-2016 08:39 PM
    All these posts are scaring me, because I've yet to find a case I like. I have a Spigen on right now, but want more protection. I'm very rough with my phones, although I try my hardest not to be. I ordered a Caseology case that came in yesterday - what a joke. My Spigen offers more than that case! Think I'm just gonna have to break down and get an OtterBox. It's always been my go to. I've seen already have a scratch on my screen. It's seems the harder I try to be gentle with my phone, the more clumsy I become with it.
    05-29-2016 10:35 AM
    Since you drop your phone daily, I suggest getting an otter box extreme case. Phones were never meant to take any drops.

I would more so recommend not to continue dropping your phones.
    05-29-2016 08:27 PM
    Yup, just now broke my phone. I am so pissed off right now. Currently at my husband surprise birthday party & the cracks are just spreading slo-mo over it.
    I think the screen protector is holding it all together! It's not got anything on it!
    06-04-2016 07:00 PM
    Sorry but I just don't understand how so many people repeatedly drop their phones. Hope I didn't just jinx myself💪
    06-04-2016 07:52 PM
    Sorry but I just don't understand how so many people repeatedly drop their phones. Hope I didn't just jinx myself💪
    The phone is so slippery. In my opinion it needs a case on it to stop it from slipping out of your hands. How people with cases drop the phone however I don't understand
    06-04-2016 08:08 PM
    It happens - that's just life. It seemed the more I tried handling it with kid gloves, the closer I'd coming to dropping it....like I did tonight.
    06-04-2016 10:11 PM
    The cynical part of me thinks all these cracked screen, cracked device threads are an concerted effort to sell more screen protectors/cases.

Am I the only one who's mind it's crossed? lol

I mean, it actually would quite genius for companies to fear people into buying their products. No disrespect to those who have had legitimate issues with their phones, seriously.

Posted via the Android Central App
    06-04-2016 10:59 PM
    My screen saver REALLY saved my screen last night. Dropped my phone - fell from my back pocket when I used the restroom. Anywho, long store short:
    Attached Thumbnails Bummed, cracked screen-1465136813813.jpg  
    06-05-2016 09:26 AM
    My S7 has a case.

As for the Note 4 it wasn't that I kept dropping it, most of the time it fell was from the top of the refrigerator where I used to keep it to either watch videos or read recipes while cooking, and anytime someone would open the refrigerator without being careful... you know the rest of the story.
    Sounds like someone's a slow learner.... The first time it happened, I would have learned not to put my phone on top of the fridge.
    06-05-2016 05:01 PM
    All these posts are scaring me, because I've yet to find a case I like. I have a Spigen on right now, but want more protection. I'm very rough with my phones, although I try my hardest not to be. I ordered a Caseology case that came in yesterday - what a joke. My Spigen offers more than that case! Think I'm just gonna have to break down and get an OtterBox. It's always been my go to. I've seen already have a scratch on my screen. It's seems the harder I try to be gentle with my phone, the more clumsy I become with it.
    Best compromise I've found between minimal bulk and protection is the Spek Candyshell. A bonus is that it's the least slippery case I've tried, which makes it less likely you'll drop your phone in the first place. But no case that leaves the edge screen visible and functional is going to offer a lot of protection if the phone falls on its side.
    06-05-2016 05:03 PM
    If you dropped your note 4 a ton, why not stick a case on your new S7 ? I use a clear case that was like 4 dollars which protects the bavk. The front cant be protected with any case as it will block the edges

You would think that would be the case. Just wait till u drop it on uneven ground. Had mine in that speck candy shell case which I thought was pretty protective and boom I drop it on the ground and crack the screen

06-05-2016 08:22 PM
    The Otterbox cases don't come with the screen protection. None of them do. Get a tpu case and one of those tempered glass protectors. They have curved ones now.

Xsie likes this.
    06-05-2016 08:24 PM
    Best compromise I've found between minimal bulk and protection is the Spek Candyshell. A bonus is that it's the least slippery case I've tried, which makes it less likely you'll drop your phone in the first place. But no case that leaves the edge screen visible and functional is going to offer a lot of protection if the phone falls on its side.
    That was what I walked out of AT&T with. BUT my screen protector came off. Hubby got me another tempered glass screen protector to put on tonight. $20 screen protector, saved my screen last night#
    06-05-2016 08:55 PM
    this morning i had my 5 day old s7 edge in my front pocket in its wallet case with nothing in my pocket. i put it in my pocket. sat in church for an hour and after church i pulled it out and its cracked. i went looking around online to see how to get a replacement screen and it seems there are lots of complaints of these things breaking b=very easily. so much so that the insurance company has them on back order. i had an s6 edge from launch till i replaced it and never a single issue.
    i cant say about the people who drop them but i know for a 1000% yes one thousand percent sure i did not drop, hit, bend or impact my phone and its no cracked. this is total BULL !
    06-12-2016 11:46 AM
    did you have any screen protector on this? that's strange as i have never heard of this issue atleast on this forum before. maybe i'm wrong..

are your pants really tight? there are alot of bend test on youtube and the phone is really really strong and stood much abuse
    06-12-2016 11:52 AM
    did you have any screen protector on this? that's strange as i have never heard of this issue atleast on this forum before. maybe i'm wrong..

are your pants really tight? there are alot of bend test on youtube and the phone is really really strong and stood much abuse
    Loose shorts, and it's a wallet case, the whole thing is a screen protector. Two things im noticing. The cracks keep spreading with almost no pressure and the crack started where the frame meets the glass. This is a defect of some sort. Maybe their mounted improperly ?
    06-12-2016 12:12 PM
    Honestly, this comes down to learning how to handle your phone. It's a lived practice, a conscious effort to handle your phone without error. And handling it properly will go so much further than any screen protector or case ever will.

Make sure the phone is sliding in your pocket and not outside of it as you slip it in. Make sure you have it firmly grasped if you are walking with it. Never try and hold something else in the hand you hold your phone in. If you visit the beach, or were just visiting, make sure you either have a screen protector for scratches, or make sure you clean your hands and pockets before continuing to carry/use your phone. Avoid placing your phone on uneven surfaces or areas that may have other things placed on top of them. As you get out of the car, make sure you hold your phone within your pocket while exiting. Make sure that your pants/shorts don't have pockets that are angled in a way your phone could fall out.

There are so many more things that I keep consciously in my head as I interact with my phone that allows me to never have dropped or damaged my phones. This is why I typically do not use a case (although I use a minimal case on my S7 Edge solely for less accidental touches). Never has one on my G3 for two years. Never on the phones before it.
    06-14-2016 10:10 AM
43 12