Bummed, cracked screen

jnb22019

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
My S7 edge just fell from the bathroom sink to the floor, I didn't notice anything at first but a few minutes ago I grabbed it again and the top left corner is cracked with spider webs all the way to the other side of the phone.

Just really bummed out because previously I had a Note 4 which fell on the floor almost daily from more than double the height of today's fall (think from the top of the refrigerator), it was thrown quite a few times by my son and yet it had no cracks or scratches.

Is the S7 Edge screen that weak or was I just unlucky today?

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
I have to admit, I've dropped my Edge once (no damage), and nearly dropped it a second time in the grocery store (good save). But before that I've hardly dropped any of my phones, Samsung or otherwise.

This phone is just slippery without a case to grip. You need a solid case for this phone.

Posted via the Android Central App

shook187

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Just like Russian Roulette, eventually there's a bullet in the chamber... with so many dropped phones eventually one's going to crack. Obviously the one with the exposed edges is going to crack easier.

jnb22019

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Just like Russian Roulette, eventually there's a bullet in the chamber... with so many dropped phones eventually one's going to crack. Obviously the one with the exposed edges is going to crack easier.

I always thought it was going to be the Note 4, it usually fell when cooking as I would have it propped on top of the refrigerator and when someone came to open it, down to the floor.

Other than that I don't drop my phones from hand, always only when it is resting on something.

Anyway I don't blame anyone it's just frustrating when it finally happens to you.

Seremedy

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
If you dropped your note 4 a ton, why not stick a case on your new S7 ? I use a clear case that was like 4 dollars which protects the bavk. The front cant be protected with any case as it will block the edges

jnb22019

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
If you dropped your note 4 a ton, why not stick a case on your new S7 ? I use a clear case that was like 4 dollars which protects the bavk. The front cant be protected with any case as it will block the edges

My S7 has a case.

As for the Note 4 it wasn't that I kept dropping it, most of the time it fell was from the top of the refrigerator where I used to keep it to either watch videos or read recipes while cooking, and anytime someone would open the refrigerator without being careful... you know the rest of the story.

jnb22019

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Just frustrating that this is the first time ever one of my phone screens breaks and I have to use the insurance.

Iva_LadyDiCaprio98

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
The phone is made entirely out of glass PLUS the curved edge is very sensitive so when any pressure is applied on a fall it will crack.

jnb22019

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
The phone is made entirely out of glass PLUS the curved edge is very sensitive so when any pressure is applied on a fall it will crack.

Really, just ANY pressure, the case on the phone makes it so none of the glass can touch the floor and the corners are raised and bulkier for protection, and yet a fall of less that 3 feel cracked the whole thing.

Anyway the insurance already approved the new phone and I only have to pay $99.00 which I think is great, I thought I would have to pay $200 or more.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Sorry that you dropped your phone and I'm glad you had insurance.

Moderator note: The OP is not a wounded deer and you're not wolves. Chillllllll. It's going to be OK. Remember that if you cannot post helpful comments, better to just find another thread.

danlnyc

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site
I dropped my phone on CARPET no joke and it shattered the back glass on my phone.

It's being repaired at Samsung right now for like $80.....at least it wasn't the front I guess....

Either way I'm out of a phone until the 19th which sucks!

jnb22019

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Just wanted to share some pictures of the crack since I already received the new phone. You can see in the pictures that a piece of screen is missing.

I think it was a big crack for such a little fall.

20160516_204950.jpg20160516_205008.jpg20160516_205024.jpg

Grimebag

May 17, 2016
Visit site
Just wanted to share some pictures of the crack since I already received the new phone. You can see in the pictures that a piece of screen is missing.

I think it was a big crack for such a little fall.

I tripped and fell on my way into work last night, landing on my wrist, and now the left side of my screen along the edge is shattered. It's incredibly frustrating that, had I been holding a glass cup it would have survived (not the drink though), which I have done before. I've been incredibly careful with this thing and was waiting till my paycheck came in on Friday to get a case/screen cover. When they advertise the gorilla glass, it's incredibly deceptive, that is what made me decide to get the phone despite my initial thought of it being fragile. My gut was definitely right; I've never broken anything with that kind of ease let alone an 800 dollar phone. I didn't even drop it, and it couldn't even survive almost 2 weeks

Nikkiekoala

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
My daughter dropped a small bottle (foundation/makeup) on her phone this morning... Well she didn't actually see the bottle hit her phone... But anyway after she was done doing her makeup she picked up her phone and found the screen shattered by the home button! We have insurance through tmobile but with a sizable deductible, $175.00 :(

love4speechless

Feb 24, 2016
Visit site
I tripped and fell on my way into work last night, landing on my wrist, and now the left side of my screen along the edge is shattered. It's incredibly frustrating that, had I been holding a glass cup it would have survived (not the drink though), which I have done before. I've been incredibly careful with this thing and was waiting till my paycheck came in on Friday to get a case/screen cover. When they advertise the gorilla glass, it's incredibly deceptive, that is what made me decide to get the phone despite my initial thought of it being fragile. My gut was definitely right; I've never broken anything with that kind of ease let alone an 800 dollar phone. I didn't even drop it, and it couldn't even survive almost 2 weeks

I'm amazed it's an $800 phone there. Here its cost is $1296

oks10

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
My daughter dropped a small bottle (foundation/makeup) on her phone this morning... Well she didn't actually see the bottle hit her phone... But anyway after she was done doing her makeup she picked up her phone and found the screen shattered by the home button! We have insurance through tmobile but with a sizable deductible, $175.00 :(

Why wife dropped hers on her ring holder while setting it down on her nightstand... Even WITH a glass protector...
cfcf33293b12baa80519159a0d717ac3.jpg

Those large cracks are the phone screen. The protector didn't really have much damage other than RIGHT at the point of impact.
59fd1c12196574210a2e2ee1bfd103d5.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guylenn49