Does this really save battery life? Will my notifications still come through?
    05-11-2016 05:22 PM
    If an app doesn't use the network (or wifi), it saves battery (especially if you have a weak network signal). Will it save a significant amount? When you've used the phone for a few weeks, so you know how the battery acts, turn it all off and see how it acts. (Also, NEVER drain the battery lower than 40%. Lithium isn't a deep-discharge technology.)
    05-11-2016 05:37 PM
    If an app doesn't use the network (or wifi), it saves battery (especially if you have a weak network signal). Will it save a significant amount? When you've used the phone for a few weeks, so you know how the battery acts, turn it all off and see how it acts. (Also, NEVER drain the battery lower than 40%. Lithium isn't a deep-discharge technology.)
    Under 40% is around 3pm on these phones now. Not possible to only use it in a 60% range.
    KPMcClave likes this.
    05-11-2016 06:18 PM
    Turn it off for any apps you want notifications from while they're closed, such as e-mail and texting apps. I had issues with not getting my e-mail notifications from the two e-mail apps I use (GMail and Kaiten) until I opened them until I made sure that they were not set to battery optimization in either of the two places for it.
    KPMcClave likes this.
    05-12-2016 12:53 AM
    When I turn on battery optimization and go back and then open it up again it's turned off lol
    05-12-2016 06:53 AM
    Also, NEVER drain the battery lower than 40%. Lithium isn't a deep-discharge technology.
    Are you making assumptions that phone manufacturers are not already preventing you from discharging to zero? Just because the phone says zero doesn't mean the battery is completely drained. I regularly drain my phone's below 40% and I never noticed any significant degradation of the battery. I generally replace my phone's every 1.5-2 years, but the battery has always lasted that long with good endurance. I don't leave my phones on the charger when they don't need to be charged which I feel has a more significant impact on long term battery life.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Iva_LadyDiCaprio98 likes this.
    05-14-2016 09:09 AM