Tmobile s7 edge unlocked on AT&T network?

sqa4life

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
Hi all
I want to trade my att iPhone 6s for a tmobile unlocked s7 edge (my co-worker's phone)

What will I loose if using tmobile phone on att network?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Not much - Knox (which you DO NOT WANT on a phone) is about ll, so the bootloader won't be locked (which is a good thing, since you can flash ROMs, including kernels). Updating will be manual, though - you won't be getting either an AT&T or TMobile update, so you'll have to look for them in the TMobile S7 section at XDA Forums.

sqa4life

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
Not much - Knox (which you DO NOT WANT on a phone) is about ll, so the bootloader won't be locked (which is a good thing, since you can flash ROMs, including kernels). Updating will be manual, though - you won't be getting either an AT&T or TMobile update, so you'll have to look for them in the TMobile S7 section at XDA Forums.

Thank you

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Actually, the boot loader is locked on all US Qualcom models in the US, no matter what carrier. The OP wants to trade a T-Mobile S7 Edge that T-Mobile unlocked. It's not the international version.

sqa4life

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
Does that mean I still need to perform firmware update manually, when available?
It's running 6.0.1 now
I don't root.

Also, is there any promotion for new owner?

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I'm not 100% sure but even if the T-Mobile phone is unlocked, I think the updates will still come from T-Mobile because it will still have the T-Mobile branding on the boot up screen.

I'm not sure about any promotions.

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Unlike AT&T and Verizon firmwares which are pushed out by their respective carriers, the T-Mobile (USA) firmwares are released directly by Samsung and are not dependent on which carrier you are with but rather, it relies on the built-in Product code, (TMB), to update your phone OTA. NexusGirlX is correct in that all U.S. carrier models have locked down bootloaders and are not rootable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech