Hey People,

Thinking about switching to S7E from iPhone 6s. First iPhone was a 5s, switched from a S3. Before invest money on S7E (no money back returns down here), since I was out of the eco system for sometime I decided to use a Samsung J7 which was lying around for past week. So far happy with it.

I read lots threads in the forum regarding S7E issues, random reboots, heating and reboot, YT videos lagging when viewing in HQ, Wifi, BT issues, all were during march - april, and I was wondering how the issues are now, did Samsung push updates to address them?

Also people who switched from iOS what are you rocking as a "Reminders" alternatives.

Thanks
    05-12-2016 06:59 AM
    I am using S7 edge since 1 month...no issues here...everything is perfect best phone till date...

Posted via my Awesome Lumia 950 , Beautiful S7 Edge Gold or Surface pro 4
    05-12-2016 07:17 AM
    Hey People,

Thinking about switching to S7E from iPhone 6s. First iPhone was a 5s, switched from a S3. Before invest money on S7E (no money back returns down here), since I was out of the eco system for sometime I decided to use a Samsung J7 which was lying around for past week. So far happy with it.

I read lots threads in the forum regarding S7E issues, random reboots, heating and reboot, YT videos lagging when viewing in HQ, Wifi, BT issues, all were during march - april, and I was wondering how the issues are now, did Samsung push updates to address them?

Also people who switched from iOS what are you rocking as a "Reminders" alternatives.

Thanks
    If you're happy with iOS then I'd stick with iOS. The S7 Edge is excellent for the most part but there are many issues around build, especially screens. You'd only have to read the threads in here, and I'm already on my second one myself.
    As for pushing updates, they do but the last one actually broke the phone, so make of that what you will.
    05-12-2016 07:34 AM

Thanks
    That's the thing with forums - often, a large percentage of posts will be negative, as people come on to try and get solutions (or just to moan). People don't tend to write a review of a restaurant if it was good, but will do if it was rubbish.

I have the S7 Edge, and have, in the main, found it very smooth. I've had it about 6 weeks, and it's randomly rebooted once, and there's the occasional lag. Wifi & BT have been flawless.

Generally, Android will always produce more of that kind of stuff than iOS. Apple is totally in house, whereas Android is malleable and various proprietary skins are put over it by each manufacturer, they have various processors etc etc.

Unless you'll very unlucky, the S7E will be 99% as smooth as iOS, and, IMO, the benefits of being on Android far outweigh that odd crash or glitch.
    teeitupmo#WN likes this.
    05-12-2016 07:39 AM
    That's the thing with forums - often, a large percentage of posts will be negative, as people come on to try and get solutions (or just to moan). People don't tend to write a review of a restaurant if it was good, but will do if it was rubbish.

I have the S7 Edge, and have, in the main, found it very smooth. I've had it about 6 weeks, and it's randomly rebooted once, and there's the occasional lag. Wifi & BT have been flawless.

Generally, Android will always produce more of that kind of stuff than iOS. Apple is totally in house, whereas Android is malleable and various proprietary skins are put over it by each manufacturer, they have various processors etc etc.

Unless you'll very unlucky, the S7E will be 99% as smooth as iOS, and, IMO, the benefits of being on Android far outweigh that odd crash or glitch.
    Ditto. Love this phone!! I highly recommend putting some sort of case on it... Helps tremendously with screen/edge issues... The extra couple of millimeters on each side made a huge improvement for me. Additionally, the battery life is SOOO much better than my wife's iphone 6s!!
    chanchan05 and Stwutter like this.
    05-12-2016 07:50 AM

I heard the reboot issues going away with an update samsung did, do you recall anything like that, reboot happening and going away after an update.
    05-12-2016 07:51 AM
    Ditto. Love this phone!! I highly recommend putting some sort of case on it... Helps tremendously with screen/edge issues... The extra couple of millimeters on each side made a huge improvement for me. Additionally, the battery life is SOOO much better than my wife's iphone 6s!!
    The $280 J7's battery life is much better than my 6s 64GB apparently .
    05-12-2016 07:57 AM
    As been said above, looking around the net or forums to see if people have problems with the phone, and you'll find problems with almost no one denying it, simply because a happy customer won't look for a place to rant. Think of it. Who would more likely go to the internet to post about his phone? Someone looking for an answer, or someone who just wants to tell some random people he never met that his phone has no problems?

I've had my Edge for a month. No issues whatsoever.
    dm3ready likes this.
    05-12-2016 08:31 AM

Well said brotha man!
    Stwutter likes this.
    05-12-2016 08:31 AM
    I heard the reboot issues going away with an update samsung did, do you recall anything like that, reboot happening and going away after an update.
    I've only had the one reboot, so no way of knowing if any updates helped.
    Lance Redden likes this.
    05-13-2016 06:53 AM
    I've had my phone since release date and apart from one random reboot I've had no issues, it's been in a case since day one and there's not a mark on it.
    dm3ready likes this.
    05-13-2016 07:18 AM
    I'm two days in from a iPhone 6s. So far so good very good.
    05-13-2016 10:37 AM
    Google Now has reminders and just recently it's been allowed to interface with the calendar as well. Another great option is GTasks which interfaces directly with gMail.

Haven't had a single issue on ATT S7E. Great phone!

Posted via the Android Central App
    05-13-2016 02:02 PM
    I am not coming from an apple product but a Motorola. I love this phone I have never really had any issues that weren't user started. My issue with my Bluetooth connecting to my Garmin - I didn't enable location I had a wifi Issue - Figured out it was a app that disabled it. I have dropped my phone (its in a spigen tough armour case) numerous times, I have thrown my phone over a span of 5 feet (yes there was a reason) my son also has dropped it out my car window as we were sitting waiting for siblings at practice. My dogs have walk and sat on it. I haven't found any glitches. I use a reminder in the google calander app. The battery has been super awesome. I've never had it heat up. I have never dunked it in water. I don't use other launchers right now. I have it paired with my s2, I also pair with my Plantronics, and my Garmin when I run. It doesn't kick any of them off. It's light. quick to charge. I love it
    05-13-2016 05:23 PM
    I just traded my AT&T iPhone 6s for a tmobile unlocked s7 yesterday and very happy with the S7 so far. Never had reboot issue. However, it gets really hot today to the point that I can't touch it. It went away with a reboot.

I honestly don't know what to do if this phone is defective. Hint it was originally from tmobile and my carrier is AT&T. Will Samsung still honor the manufacturer warranty if something goes wrong with my phone?
    05-13-2016 07:03 PM
    I just traded my AT&T iPhone 6s for a tmobile unlocked s7 yesterday and very happy with the S7 so far. Never had reboot issue. However, it gets really hot today to the point that I can't touch it. It went away with a reboot.

I honestly don't know what to do if this phone is defective. Hint it was originally from tmobile and my carrier is AT&T. Will Samsung still honor the manufacturer warranty if something goes wrong with my phone?
    I've had Samsung warranty a phone for me that was an unlocked T-Mobile model. They even sent me a brand new replacement since they lost my phone when shipping it back. Bad thing is that they sent me a locked model and wouldn't unlock it. I was glad to have a BNIB phone so it didn't bother me to purchase my own unlock code.
    sqa4life likes this.
    05-13-2016 07:05 PM
    I've had Samsung warranty a phone for me that was an unlocked T-Mobile model. They even sent me a brand new replacement since they lost my phone when shipping it back. Bad thing is that they sent me a locked model and wouldn't unlock it. I was glad to have a BNIB phone so it didn't bother me to purchase my own unlock code.
    Thank you
    That was a relief
    05-13-2016 07:23 PM
    No comparison. S7edge is better than apple.

posted from my galaxy s7edge
    05-13-2016 09:11 PM