I got my phones back fixed. will it still be able to handle water ?

Samuel Kennedy

Apr 20, 2016
Visit site
Hey so the guy told me their was a case I could get called the life proof case that makes phones able to withstand water. I got my phone fixed today with the official back part, and now Is ready to go. When I first got the phone I was using it in water. Will I be able to use it without a waterproof case ? He said the something about the seal had been broken. I know the phone can handle water. I'm asking can it know that someone has fixed it. Samsung didn't fix it. Someone ordered the official part for it and it looks good.

posted from my galaxy s7edge

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Lifeproof makes a water resistant case for the S7 but not the s7 edge.

Without knowing what he did, I can't really say but something about the seal being broken isn't promising.

I wouldn't advise intentional water usage either, the protection is for accidents.

As for whether or not someone can tell, most likely they can unless he did an impeccable job both inside and out.

Samuel Kennedy

Apr 20, 2016
Visit site

Without knowing what he did, I can't really say but something about the seal being broken isn't promising.

I wouldn't advise intentional water usage either, the protection is for accidents.

As for whether or not someone can tell, most likely they can unless he did an impeccable job both inside and out.

We'll I took my phone underwater a couple weeks ago before I drop it on the ground but then today he fixed it with an official back cover from Samsung feels just like brand new, but I don't want all that bulkiness on my phone so is there a simmer kind of waterproof case I can get for my phone? I looked at Amazon and can't find one other than the one that officially waterproof the one that's in case all around my phone.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
We'll I took my phone underwater a couple weeks ago
Not covered. What's covered is a wet phone, not a phone under water pressure.

Lifeproof makes cases that are more water-resistant than "water-resistant" phones - but a waterproof phone [or case] would warranty the phone against water damage - and Nextel was the last one to do that. There's no such thing as a waterproof case or phone other than 2 plastic baggies (see the 4th from last paragraph in Oh, no! My Phone got Wet!)].) But forget about waterproof phones and cases - there are no such hings. You can have the S7 in 1 meter of water, but putting it into the water might exceed the pressure rating, so use it as a "I spilled my water on the screen" type of safety net. Swimming with it? Almost certain to exceed its ratings (look up the 7 in IP67).

Samuel Kennedy

Apr 20, 2016
Visit site
I don't know if you are new to this but you can have the phone in five feet of water for 30 min. It has been proven and their are Cases that are waterproof. I think the problem is, you haven't looked out there. So I was asking if the phone being fixed would still be okay in water. The phone is resistant to water and works flawlessly after being in the water. Or h20. It has been proven to me and I am using the phone now typing this message. I have dunked the phone in water many times and it's fine. I don't really think you saw the commercials or the reviews and the water testing videos proving the phone able to live in water. So. I will pass on what you said.

Samuel Kennedy

Apr 20, 2016
Visit site

Okay I'm gonna post a link from amazon because I just looked it up. Thanks though.

Samuel Kennedy

Apr 20, 2016
Visit site
There ya go. Done.....

Now I'm trying to find a case that's slimmer. Is their anyone that knows of some??

Attachments

• 3375.jpg
    3375.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 339

jazz70

Mar 18, 2016
Visit site
I don't know if you are new to this but you can have the phone in five feet of water for 30 min. It has been proven and their are Cases that are waterproof. I think the problem is, you haven't looked out there. So I was asking if the phone being fixed would still be okay in water. The phone is resistant to water and works flawlessly after being in the water. Or h20. It has been proven to me and I am using the phone now typing this message. I have dunked the phone in water many times and it's fine. I don't really think you saw the commercials or the reviews and the water testing videos proving the phone able to live in water. So. I will pass on what you said.

After going through this and then paying to get your phone fixed your s7e is going straight back into the water

wow just wow :confused:

Iva_LadyDiCaprio98

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
There is no guarantee that the phone is water resistant after having been fixed. If the seal has been compromised so has the water resistance because the seal is what makes the phone water resistant to start with.

Posted via the Android Central App

Samuel Kennedy

Apr 20, 2016
Visit site
There is no guarantee that the phone is water resistant after having been fixed. If the seal has been compromised so has the water resistance because the seal is what makes the phone water resistant to start with.

Posted via the Android Central App

Yea maybe. But. Do you know of a good waterproof case that's slimmer and not so bulky. I mean I found one on amazon that is able to seal the phone out of water of depths of 20 feet.

Samuel Kennedy

Apr 20, 2016
Visit site
I have. And it worked. Not a tub but I have dipped it into water. Taken pics and videos in 2 to 3 feet of water and the phone works perfectly. That's before I got it fixed. I think my best bet is to find a good case for it when I use it in the water. But I am looking for a slimmer case. No so bulky. I found one on amazon that surrounds the phone and keeps it waterproof up to 20 feet.

Alanhd

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I have a GoPro and no this case is not the same thing, why risk an expensive phone. Water pressure is not just about depth.
There are many cheaper alternatives to GoPro for underwater photography. I let the kids use a cheaper Kodak underwater camera I have and they love it.
Why not use the right tool for the job, the S7E is great alround camera but it's no replacement for my DSLR, or even my bridge camera.

flintlock

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
For underwater use maybe try a Canon D30 or a used Nikonos film camera for even less, not a $792 phone that's not warranted for water damage.