I got my phones back fixed. will it still be able to handle water ?

santims

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
I am gettin gthe back of one of my phones replaced next week. The guy said it will still be waterproof because the glue makes the seal again.

danlnyc

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site
I don't understand why anybody would spend $80 on an everything resistant case when there are companies out there that does the same thing for 1/5 of the price. They're ripping you all off IMO. The S7 already has the IP68

Samuel Kennedy

Apr 20, 2016
Visit site
seal was broken. trying to reseal it for Water resistance.

Hey so I just had my phone fixed and they used very poor adhesive. There is a place that can use better adhesive. But I was looking at parts for the phone if maybe this part would be something that I would need.

The ports are all factory sealed but the sides are not very sealed.

Is they're a part to gauretee to re evaluate the phone in its 1p68 water resistance? I don't wanna buy a case for it

I like using my phone in water sometimes. Can someone help point me in the right direction ??

Just looking for a part. I don't have a Warranty and I don't have insurance.

posted from my galaxy s7edge

Samuel Kennedy

Apr 20, 2016
Visit site
I have a GoPro and no this case is not the same thing, why risk an expensive phone. Water pressure is not just about depth.
There are many cheaper alternatives to GoPro for underwater photography. I let the kids use a cheaper Kodak underwater camera I have and they love it.
Why not use the right tool for the job, the S7E is great alround camera but it's no replacement for my DSLR, or even my bridge camera.

Because the phone has all these things like selfie mode and 4k. Plus I know the phone is water resistant.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
I don't know if you are new to this but you can have the phone in five feet of water for 30 min. It has been proven

It has also been proven that some people have ruined their phones by intentionally taking them into hot tubs or swimming pools, or just washing them under a faucet. And the Samsung warranty specifically excludes water damage. Chlorine can potentially damage the seals that keep water out. "You pays your money and takes your chances," but I won't risk an $800 phone by treating it as if it were designed to be an underwater camera. You can do whatever you want with yours.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
I had my phone fixed. But they used poor glue. If this other place puts better adhesive on it will it be able to be put in the water again.?

How do you know they used poor glue?

Anyway, to answer the question, there's really no way to know if it will still be waterproof after a second repair. It will all depend on the skill of the tech doing the work. If you really need to use the phone underwater, I wouldn't rely on the repair. I'd get a waterproof case (which is probably a lot cheaper than a second repair.

Samuel Kennedy

Apr 20, 2016
Visit site
It has also been proven that some people have ruined their phones by intentionally taking them into hot tubs or swimming pools, or just washing them under a faucet. And the Samsung warranty specifically excludes water damage. Chlorine can potentially damage the seals that keep water out. "You pays your money and takes your chances," but I won't risk an $800 phone by treating it as if it were designed to be an underwater camera. You can do whatever you want with yours.

None of this is true. It's been proven I don't know how many times the phone can stand underwater. Why are you so skeptical ?

Iva_LadyDiCaprio98

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
None of this is true. It's been proven I don't know how many times the phone can stand underwater. Why are you so skeptical ?

The water resistance is for safety measure. If you read the warranty for this phone it does state that the phone is water resistant and not water proof. Resistance is up to a certain extent. The phone cannot be under running or flowing water which could damage the seals. The IP68 rating is set for still water. Again, the commercials over exaggerate the phones water resistant feature which will ultimately lead for some people to ruin their phone. I've already read quite a few threads where such a case has happened. Just be careful with putting any device water resistant or not in any liquids. I, myself, would never ever intentionally put my very hard earned $800 phone in water. I just like that the protection is there in case it ever does accidentally fall in water. Good luck with your phone

Posted via the Android Central App

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 6, 2013
Visit site
While not very appropriate in this day and age of protecting the stupid from themselves. I can't help but to love these commercials! Mad props Samsung for making me smile ...
2016-04-07-20_02_54-Lil-Wayne-Samsung-Pay-YouTube.jpg

kramer5150

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Personally I would not chance it. There are a few rubberized / adhesive gasket seals that needed to be cut and broken. How well they were replaced is anyones guess.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Because the phone has all these things like selfie mode and 4k. Plus I know the phone is water resistant.

Water resistant does't mean waterproof. There are plenty of people on here who got their phone wet and had problems with it. The last person who posted about it said his phones camera lens got all foggy inside.

dryja123

Mar 10, 2016
Visit site
Water resistance vs water proof has been beaten like a dead horse on this thread but I'll add my 2 cents anyway.

Samsungs warranty guide, as others have quoted, clearly states that the phone meets a ip68 certification. The guide also clearly states that in the event that the phone is saturated in clean water it must be promptly dried to prevent damage. It's also stated that despite the ip68 rating touch screen and other functionality may become damaged after any water saturation, despite length of time and depth.

At the end of the day, water + electronics = disaster. It's nice knowing that my phone may survive a sudden down pour of rain while I'm out but I'm not going to chance it in a pool.

Thud Hardsmack

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2015
Visit site

If you can't guarantee the repair work restored your S7 to the factory condition that the phones you're seeing used are in, we can't either. Hence the skepticism. Personally I wouldn't trust it.

ded1945

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
And personally, I wouldn't be using my expensive phone for something it really wasn't designed for. But, it's your phone. Knock yourself out! None of us has anything to lose but you!

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site

None of this is true? Do you actually read the forums? Multiple posts both here and on XDA from people who have gotten water in their phones from submerging them. Why are you so blind?

Samuel Kennedy

Apr 20, 2016
Visit site
And personally, I wouldn't be using my expensive phone for something it really wasn't designed for. But, it's your phone. Knock yourself out! None of us has anything to lose but you!

Why is that your saying it wasn't designed to work like that?? What's making you say that?? Have you seen the commercials? Have you seen the youtube videos? Have you seen that It has been proven?

ded1945

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
You may not be a troll, but you are sure acting like one. Nothing anybody says really makes any difference to you. Everything's a challenge. As I said in my previous post, it is your phone. Knock yourself out!

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech