Volume lowers by itself

ragdoll08

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
So I'm a new Edge owner, great great device with one major caveat. At the gym I use the phone with headphones to listen to music or podcasts. On the treadmill, after about 5 to 10 minutes the volume just starts shooting down till it's off. I can take it out and raise it back up, but then within 10-15 seconds afterwards it's lowering itself again back down. I've even taken it out and turned the screen on and just held it without touching any of the screen, and also use a towel to make sure there's no water or anything on the screen, and you can just watch it magically turn the volume back down again, as well as randomly select and open apps on that side of the screen. It's, to put it lightly, incredibly annoying.

I think it has something to do with the running. I've noticed that's when it acts the worse. Is this a common thing? Should I just return this thing for a new one?

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Are you sure it's not a bit moist with sweat? It's the gym after all. The phone maybe water resist, but the screen will still react to liquids as if it was being touched due to its electrical properties and the tech used touchscreens.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer