Hi guys,

I am contemplating a change from the IPhone 6 Plus to the Galaxy s7 edge. I think the phone is awesome after playing with it some at the store. Couple of questions that I have.

- How does iCloud email work on the s7 edge, I've had android before (S3 I believe) and the email push was terrible, emails wouldn't come in etc.

- I have iCloud photo sharing with numerous people in my family, is there anyway to continue sharing photos taken with the s7 edge? I know it's Android/IOS but is there some sort of workaround or app? Any solutions from the pros?

- I am also subscribed to Apple Music with family app, so I know Android has an Apple Music app now, anyone using it? How's it work?

FYI I also have an iPad Pro I use for school/work, mainly using MS Office apps.

Thanks! I hope to be picking one up today!
    05-14-2016 11:34 AM
    Hi guys,

I am contemplating a change from the IPhone 6 Plus to the Galaxy s7 edge. I think the phone is awesome after playing with it some at the store. Couple of questions that I have.

- How does iCloud email work on the s7 edge, I've had android before (S3 I believe) and the email push was terrible, emails wouldn't come in etc.

- I have iCloud photo sharing with numerous people in my family, is there anyway to continue sharing photos taken with the s7 edge? I know it's Android/IOS but is there some sort of workaround or app? Any solutions from the pros?

- I am also subscribed to Apple Music with family app, so I know Android has an Apple Music app now, anyone using it? How's it work?

FYI I also have an iPad Pro I use for school/work, mainly using MS Office apps.

Thanks! I hope to be picking one up today!
    I my opinion, since you are that integrated into the Apple Eco-system, I wouldn't switch to the Galaxy S7E.

You will lose all your seamless integration that you have taken for granted.

I have both devices, AT&T iPhone 6 Plus for work and Galaxy S7E as my personal device.

Each device has its pluses and minuses.

Again, in your case, I would not make the switch.
    chanchan05 likes this.
    05-14-2016 12:08 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Have you considered forwarding your iCloud Mail to your Gmail account, and just using the Gmail app on the S7 edge? https://support.apple.com/kb/ph2642?locale=en_US
    05-15-2016 01:16 AM
    You won't get push email from iCloud but it still works. I use Apple Music and it's OK, but not as robust as on an iPhone.
    You can use Dropbox to auto upload photos to a Mac and sync with the Photos app, but not as seamless as on iOS.
    Overall I am happy with the switch from my iPhone 6splus to the S7E, but if you are that engrained in the iOS ecosystem it may be a difficult switch. I recommend you take advantage of the 14 day return policy to try it out.

Posted via the Android Central App
    B. Diddy likes this.
    05-15-2016 07:34 AM