Touchwiz...

Seremedy

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
Question for everybody ? How come more people dont buy a nexus instead? The s7e interface is soo ugly. The look of everything, apps, icons, settings, stock android just looks so much nicer and cleaner.

Posted via the Android Central App

ratsttam

May 17, 2010
Visit site
To each their own.

I prefer the extra functions that TW gives that the Nexus lines don't.
I know this is in the s7e forum, but I can't find a Nexus anywhere with a proper stylus for taking notes... Besides, you can use the google launcher, or any others that let you skin things out, and remove all that you find ugly about TW.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I installed Google Now Launcher and have no issues. I used a theme on Samsung to make the menus black. All is well :)

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Keep in mind that Android is great since there are so many different devices and launchers available.

Although you might dislike Touchwiz, there are other folks who like it and consider it to offer features, not bloatware.

That's one reason why I like Android so much: I am able to choose any device or any launcher that I want, based upon my needs and preferences. Android has something to offer to anyone, no matter what his/her preferences happen to be. :)

Apr 30, 2016
Visit site
I guess I care more about the hardware than how touchwiz looks because like others said, it's so easy to change and make my own. It's one of the major reasons I chose Android over Apple.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Because the hardware is better.

The screen is better, the camera is better for some uses, It is dual sim/expandable storage, the battery is bigger, it's spills resistant, I can use Sidesync and control my phone with a PC and mouse if I break my screen and forgot to turn on USB Debugging, and a whole lot of other things that Samsung brings. Nexus hasn't even got multiwindow for at least another 3 mos and Samsung has had it for like 4 years now.

Why will I bother with a a Nexus that's inferior in hardware and lacking in software I use out of the box just because of icons and interface that can be changed using a simple theme? There's a material theme in the Galaxy Store that emulates the Nexus look for the S7.

The only thing superior about a Nexus is that they get updates faster, and for a longer time. Personally I really don't care much for major Android releases. I've used my Note 2 for 3 years without issues on being stuck on 4.4.4 because there wasn't any loss of functionality. I change my phones every 2 or 3 years anyway, so the 2 year updates on non Nexus flagships are fine.

pjwk81

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
I actually find stock really dull and boring looking. If you think it looks cleaner then great, but to me it just screams 'grey'. Touchwiz looks great on this version.

And that's before you even get into all the extra features.

Iva_LadyDiCaprio98

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
That's only a matter of opinion. I, for one, actually like the interface of the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge and I wouldn't want to use any other launcher - it does perfect for me the way it is.

thegame161

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
Question for everybody ? How come more people dont buy a nexus instead? The s7e interface is soo ugly. The look of everything, apps, icons, settings, stock android just looks so much nicer and cleaner.

just download a launcher

In terms of looks and style the edge is far nicer to look at than the nexus.

RLLangley

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Then you change the theme, icons, etc to your liking. That is what is nice about android. Make it your own. I went from my 6P to a S7e and am very happy.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site

Question for you: How come you think your opinion (and that's all a discussion on appearance is) is more valid than anyone else's?

Question 2: How come you don't know that Touchwiz is themable, and can be made to largely look like stock Marshmallow?

Question 3: Why do you think appearance is more important than functionality? TW gives me many things that stock Android leaves out (but will get around to including in two or three more iterations).

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
Question for you: How come you think your opinion (and that's all a discussion on appearance is) is more valid than anyone else's?

Question 2: How come you don't know that Touchwiz is themable, and can be made to largely look like stock Marshmallow?

Question 3: Why do you think appearance is more important than functionality? TW gives me many things that stock Android leaves out (but will get around to including in two or three more iterations).

Nailed it!

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
This was a ******* question. My opinion isnt more valid than anyones, its true, the icons are uglier, just a question, gtfo if your going to be a ********* fanboy, i have both and im still deciding which one to keep and sell. And functionality comes with extreme amounts of processes and extra bloatware.
Of course i know its themeable, doesnt mean its not running TW under, along with TW animations, less snalpy, flyid, more jittery

Posted via Nexus 6P

LOL. If anyone sounds like a fanboy, it's you. And whether the icons are uglier is neither true nor false, it's your OPINION. Do you not understand the difference? Not sure what kind of "*******" question you meant it to be, but to ask a question by insulting everyone with a different opinion than yours isn't the way to win friends and influence people. Maybe if you actually asked a question, instead of framing an opinion and an insult in the form of a question, you would have gotten different answers.

Animations can be sped up (or turned off) in Developer options. Bloatware can be disabled, and most of what's there has nothing to do with Touchwiz, and more to do with the carriers. Yes, more functionality requires more processing. That's true when you add functionality by adding an app, too. Do you run only the apps that Google provides to avoid slowing down your phone? My S7 Edge with Nova works perfectly smoothly. No "snalpy, flyid or jittery." The functionality is well worth it to me, and to many of us. If it's not worth it to you, that's fine with me. But I'm not going to go into the 6P forum and say "Why do you settle for the boring look, limited functionality of stock Android, when Touchwiz does so much more?"

Malek J

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
This was a ******* question. My opinion isnt more valid than anyones, its true, the icons are uglier, just a question, gtfo if your going to be a ********* fanboy, i have both and im still deciding which one to keep and sell. And functionality comes with extreme amounts of processes and extra bloatware.
Of course i know its themeable, doesnt mean its not running TW under, along with TW animations, less snalpy, flyid, more jittery

Posted via Nexus 6P

Just sell the s7e if you think the ui is ugly. What's there to decide.

msnider23

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
The look of touchwiz has been toned down drastically over the last couple of versions. I've grown to actually like the look, but I do stick Google now launcher on there because I don't care about themes or icon packs. My only touchwiz complaints are in the performance department, still nowhere near as smooth as stock or even Sense for that matter

Tom Westrick

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site

To you, and me, and a good number of people on this site. But we're not everyone, and plenty of people enjoy Samsung's set up.

t11rmh

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site

I like Touchwiz and I like Samsung hardware. It's as simple as that.

Posted via the Android Central App via a kicking Gold Galaxy S7 Edge.