05-30-2016 06:24 PM
85 123 ...
tools
    Question for everybody ? How come more people dont buy a nexus instead? The s7e interface is soo ugly. The look of everything, apps, icons, settings, stock android just looks so much nicer and cleaner.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Eduardo06sp likes this.
    05-14-2016 11:33 PM
    To each their own.

I prefer the extra functions that TW gives that the Nexus lines don't.
    I know this is in the s7e forum, but I can't find a Nexus anywhere with a proper stylus for taking notes... Besides, you can use the google launcher, or any others that let you skin things out, and remove all that you find ugly about TW.
    05-14-2016 11:42 PM
    I installed Google Now Launcher and have no issues. I used a theme on Samsung to make the menus black. All is well
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    05-14-2016 11:58 PM
    Keep in mind that Android is great since there are so many different devices and launchers available.

Although you might dislike Touchwiz, there are other folks who like it and consider it to offer features, not bloatware.

That's one reason why I like Android so much: I am able to choose any device or any launcher that I want, based upon my needs and preferences. Android has something to offer to anyone, no matter what his/her preferences happen to be.
    Xsie, angeljavy and SpasticPat like this.
    05-15-2016 12:06 AM
    I guess I care more about the hardware than how touchwiz looks because like others said, it's so easy to change and make my own. It's one of the major reasons I chose Android over Apple.

Xsie likes this.
    05-15-2016 12:43 AM
    Because the hardware is better.

The screen is better, the camera is better for some uses, It is dual sim/expandable storage, the battery is bigger, it's spills resistant, I can use Sidesync and control my phone with a PC and mouse if I break my screen and forgot to turn on USB Debugging, and a whole lot of other things that Samsung brings. Nexus hasn't even got multiwindow for at least another 3 mos and Samsung has had it for like 4 years now.

Why will I bother with a a Nexus that's inferior in hardware and lacking in software I use out of the box just because of icons and interface that can be changed using a simple theme? There's a material theme in the Galaxy Store that emulates the Nexus look for the S7.

The only thing superior about a Nexus is that they get updates faster, and for a longer time. Personally I really don't care much for major Android releases. I've used my Note 2 for 3 years without issues on being stuck on 4.4.4 because there wasn't any loss of functionality. I change my phones every 2 or 3 years anyway, so the 2 year updates on non Nexus flagships are fine.
    05-15-2016 12:55 AM
    I actually find stock really dull and boring looking. If you think it looks cleaner then great, but to me it just screams 'grey'. Touchwiz looks great on this version.

And that's before you even get into all the extra features.
    05-15-2016 02:08 AM
    That's only a matter of opinion. I, for one, actually like the interface of the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge and I wouldn't want to use any other launcher - it does perfect for me the way it is.
    05-15-2016 10:09 AM
    Question for everybody ? How come more people dont buy a nexus instead? The s7e interface is soo ugly. The look of everything, apps, icons, settings, stock android just looks so much nicer and cleaner.

just download a launcher

In terms of looks and style the edge is far nicer to look at than the nexus.
    05-15-2016 10:36 AM
    ? Look nicer on S7 ? Eveeythings cartoony and others would agree

Posted via Nexus 6P
    wlonsdale likes this.
    05-15-2016 11:53 AM
    Then you change the theme, icons, etc to your liking. That is what is nice about android. Make it your own. I went from my 6P to a S7e and am very happy.
    05-15-2016 12:14 PM

Question for you: How come you think your opinion (and that's all a discussion on appearance is) is more valid than anyone else's?

Question 2: How come you don't know that Touchwiz is themable, and can be made to largely look like stock Marshmallow?

Question 3: Why do you think appearance is more important than functionality? TW gives me many things that stock Android leaves out (but will get around to including in two or three more iterations).
    05-15-2016 12:45 PM
    Question for you: How come you think your opinion (and that's all a discussion on appearance is) is more valid than anyone else's?

Question 2: How come you don't know that Touchwiz is themable, and can be made to largely look like stock Marshmallow?

Question 3: Why do you think appearance is more important than functionality? TW gives me many things that stock Android leaves out (but will get around to including in two or three more iterations).
    Nailed it!

05-15-2016 01:56 PM
    This was a ******* question. My opinion isnt more valid than anyones, its true, the icons are uglier, just a question, gtfo if your going to be a ********* fanboy, i have both and im still deciding which one to keep and sell. And functionality comes with extreme amounts of processes and extra bloatware.
    Of course i know its themeable, doesnt mean its not running TW under, along with TW animations, less snalpy, flyid, more jittery

Posted via Nexus 6P
    LOL. If anyone sounds like a fanboy, it's you. And whether the icons are uglier is neither true nor false, it's your OPINION. Do you not understand the difference? Not sure what kind of "*******" question you meant it to be, but to ask a question by insulting everyone with a different opinion than yours isn't the way to win friends and influence people. Maybe if you actually asked a question, instead of framing an opinion and an insult in the form of a question, you would have gotten different answers.

Animations can be sped up (or turned off) in Developer options. Bloatware can be disabled, and most of what's there has nothing to do with Touchwiz, and more to do with the carriers. Yes, more functionality requires more processing. That's true when you add functionality by adding an app, too. Do you run only the apps that Google provides to avoid slowing down your phone? My S7 Edge with Nova works perfectly smoothly. No "snalpy, flyid or jittery." The functionality is well worth it to me, and to many of us. If it's not worth it to you, that's fine with me. But I'm not going to go into the 6P forum and say "Why do you settle for the boring look, limited functionality of stock Android, when Touchwiz does so much more?"
    Malek J, Nkky7, flintlock and 5 others like this.
    05-15-2016 03:21 PM
    This was a ******* question. My opinion isnt more valid than anyones, its true, the icons are uglier, just a question, gtfo if your going to be a ********* fanboy, i have both and im still deciding which one to keep and sell. And functionality comes with extreme amounts of processes and extra bloatware.
    Of course i know its themeable, doesnt mean its not running TW under, along with TW animations, less snalpy, flyid, more jittery

Posted via Nexus 6P
    Just sell the s7e if you think the ui is ugly. What's there to decide.

05-15-2016 03:32 PM
    Thread and OP are taking a break. Thanks to everyone who tried to help.
    05-15-2016 03:51 PM
    Thread is returning. If you have any constructive comments, please feel free to share them. Let's try to avoid rudeness, trolling, etc. PUPPAH is your friend. If you don't know PUPPAH, ask me about it.

Laura Knotek and Tom Westrick like this.
    05-16-2016 04:16 PM
    The look of touchwiz has been toned down drastically over the last couple of versions. I've grown to actually like the look, but I do stick Google now launcher on there because I don't care about themes or icon packs. My only touchwiz complaints are in the performance department, still nowhere near as smooth as stock or even Sense for that matter
    05-16-2016 04:35 PM

To you, and me, and a good number of people on this site. But we're not everyone, and plenty of people enjoy Samsung's set up.
    05-16-2016 08:24 PM

I like Touchwiz and I like Samsung hardware. It's as simple as that.

Posted via the Android Central App via a kicking Gold Galaxy S7 Edge.
    Laura Knotek and t0ked like this.
    05-17-2016 12:12 AM
    I always say this when I'm asked why everyone doesn't choose stock over skinned phones.

If everyone wanted the same exactly phone set ups, why does Android exist in the first place. How about everyone just buy iPhones and call it a day? How about we all drive Honda Civics and Sony TVs and all watch NCIS?

05-17-2016 01:42 AM
    End of the day people enjoy what they enjoy

We are all different afterall
    05-17-2016 03:41 AM
    I actually like TW now. Much better than in the past, especially with the theming options.

I find myself rotating it with Nova and Google Launchers. When I find a need for change I switch to another for awhile. When I really want a change I switch phones to my 6P and then back to the edge after a week or so. I also get my iOS fix using my iPad.
    05-17-2016 05:16 AM

Because "vanilla" bores me and Touchwiz is perfectly fine?
    chanchan05 likes this.
    05-17-2016 06:47 AM
    Just because something is stock Android doesn't make it static Android. The most highly customized phones out there are either Nexus devices, or phones that have had their OEM versions replaced with AOSP or CM based ROMs. Nearly every OEM-specific feature has an available app or mod equivalent... sometimes it's just a matter how far one wants to go to incorporate it.

So it's a just matter of what you want and what you want to do to get there.
    05-17-2016 06:57 AM
85 123 ...