International S7 edge - no LTE on AT&T?

sqa4life

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
Hi,
I just got a new S7 edge, unlocked, international version, dual SIM. Love this phone, but I am not getting LTE on AT&T network, only got 4G.
I called AT&T and they added the IMEI and reset on their end too. No luck.

Any tricks or I'll have to live with it?

Thanks

Apr 30, 2016
Visit site
You shouldn't have to live with it. My international single sim works fine with AT&T LTE. I am not that intune with all the international models, but I assume you verified it has all the appropriate LTE bands?

Wizzy

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
LTE is 4G. Look in settings, About device, status, SIM card status. That will tell you the type of network you're connected to.

sqa4life

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
Re: International S7 edge - no LTE on AT&T?

LTE is 4G. Look in settings, About device, status, SIM card status. That will tell you the type of network you're connected to.
Oh, my other phones (note 5, iPhone) has the 3 letter "lte" on the upper right. . I was expecting the same on this s7 edge :)

Still way too slow.

a948a7cc7e7e9574c99b7629e209e064.jpg

Wizzy

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
I just bought a G935F. which is the UK version of the S7E. It says "LTE", not "4G".

I bought an unlocked G935F, too, and it always says 4G when I'm connected to the LTE network. Regardless, if you look at the SIM card status as I mentioned above, it will tell you the actual network you're connected to.

Posted via the Android Central App from my S7 edge

RLLangley

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
I bought an unlocked G935F, too, and it always says 4G when I'm connected to the LTE network. Regardless, if you look at the SIM card status as I mentioned above, it will tell you the actual network you're connected to.

Posted via the Android Central App from my S7 edge

That's why I ask what CSC he is using. I'm using XUE and my status always says 4G even when I'm connected to LTE. If he has a UK module with BTU and it shows LTE I'll switch over and use that.

Markr8866

Dec 7, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for the post. I have a new s7 edge duos and I have AT&T, while it doesn't show LTE on the display it says LTE on the sim card status. Also I ran speedtest and got as high as 23 mbps download.

Estrozmer

Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
I bought s7edge from canada and i unlocked it in india, but its not showing me lte or LTEonly in NETWORK MODE in SETTINGS...
WHAT SHOULD I DO NOW

D_Gabe

Oct 5, 2016
Visit site
I was under the impression 4g = LTE.

I went from my iPhone 6 Plus to my S7 Edge Duos. They both showed "4g" Instead of LTE. I suspect it has to do with the company that provides the service. At least that's what I guessed.

Last edited:

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I was under the impression 4g = LTE.

I went from my iPhone 6 Plus to my S7 Edge Duos. They both showed "4g" Instead LTE. I suspect it has to do with the company that provides the the service. At least that's what I guessed.

AT&T and T-Mobile well show at either 4G or LTE on any iPhone that I use so those two carriers consider them different. Speeds are much faster on LTE also when I've tested LTE and 4G.