So my s7 edge fell from my pocket and here are the results. (pics attached)
    Though the screen is damaged, it doesnt affect the touch response or display.
    Secondly, the front cam is severely damaged and cannot capture good quality pics due to shattered screen(still functioning tho).

Also, samsung said it will cost around 3000$ for replacement. They can't repair it, hence they will replace it with a refurbished Gold Platinum model.

ps. Fell on asphalt surface from a moving motorbike, without any case but with screen guarrd on. Was going to replace it anyway due to heating issue(during calls) and some problem with the light sensor, and this happened :/ Any advice?
    Attached Thumbnails S7 Edge Cracked Screen + Front cam-img_20160427_150306.jpg   S7 Edge Cracked Screen + Front cam-img-20160427-wa0007.jpg   S7 Edge Cracked Screen + Front cam-img-20160427-wa0010.jpg  
    05-15-2016 06:41 AM
    Ouch. Moving motorbike? So not only did it have to contend with the fall but the momentum and G forces as well since it was moving at a certain speed. Yeah. Does not bode well for the phone considering it's glass.

I guess you made a mistake? You said the repair was $3000? I could buy likr 4 new S7 Edges with that.
    pinkfreud62 likes this.
    05-15-2016 07:52 AM
    No phone is going to survive a fall onto asphalt from a moving vehicle without a really sturdy case and a tempered glass screen protector. And even then luck will play a big role. Plastic screen protectors only protect against scratches, and glass screen protectors only from direct front impacts (and even then, there are limits on how much force they can dissipate. Neither do anything for an impact on a corner or the side of the screen.

The glass almost certainly took multiple impacts as the phone hit the ground and bounced, rolled or slid. Gorilla glass is tough, but it's still glass, and glass breaks under impact.

Bummer, and I'm sorry this happened to you, but the phone's not to blame.
    05-15-2016 03:40 PM
    No phone is going to survive a fall onto asphalt from a moving vehicle without a really sturdy case and a tempered glass screen protector. And even then luck will play a big role. Plastic screen protectors only protect against scratches, and glass screen protectors only from direct front impacts (and even then, there are limits on how much force they can dissipate. Neither do anything for an impact on a corner or the side of the screen.

The glass almost certainly took multiple impacts as the phone hit the ground and bounced, rolled or slid. Gorilla glass is tough, but it's still glass, and glass breaks under impact.

Well he isn't blaming the phone as far as I can see. He's just sharing.
    05-15-2016 04:55 PM
    $300 sounds like a good price to pay for a replacement.
    05-15-2016 05:43 PM
    Idk about a 3grand repair especially since they said they can't repair it... It would be a simple replacement issue. But to completely avoid that dumb **** why not just go through you phone companies insurance provider and just pay the deductible which would probably be way less then 3k but yea samsung is on some kinda drug if they think anybody is paying 3grand to repair a phone that cost way less than that to purchase..... I say either go thru insurance if you got it or to your local screen replacement store I'm pretty sure you'll find a better price point than 3k

Posted via the Android Central App
    05-16-2016 08:17 PM
    Idk about a 3grand repair especially since they said they can't repair it... It would be a simple replacement issue. But to completely avoid that dumb **** why not just go through you phone companies insurance provider and just pay the deductible which would probably be way less then 3k but yea samsung is on some kinda drug if they think anybody is paying 3grand to repair a phone that cost way less than that to purchase..... I say either go thru insurance if you got it or to your local screen replacement store I'm pretty sure you'll find a better price point than 3k

I believe that was a typo. They most likely wanted $300 to replace the phone. No one would ever pay $3,000.
    05-16-2016 08:19 PM
    Lol If the phone was made of solid gold mabe but yea 3grand is way too much

pinkfreud62 likes this.
    05-16-2016 08:23 PM
    Ouch. Moving motorbike? So not only did it have to contend with the fall but the momentum and G forces as well since it was moving at a certain speed. Yeah. Does not bode well for the phone considering it's glass.

I guess you made a mistake? You said the repair was $3000? I could buy likr 4 new S7 Edges with that.
    Yep, my bad; its 300$ approx.
    05-18-2016 02:02 PM

Yeah, completely my fault. Not blaming the phone in any way. The worst part is that the front cam is of almost no use as the glass n top of it is shattered.
    BTW I noticed that recently, its heating up more than usual, apart from that there's no issues.

And its *300$ approx. C'mon guys, who pays 3k for a broken screen
    05-18-2016 02:06 PM

Well, to clear your misunderstanding,
    1. I do not live in the US/UK or anywhere where they have this carrier-contracts-monthly installments system, so there ain't no carrier insurance option(If it were there, I'd have taken it)
    2. Samsung doesn't offer its Protection Plus program in my region, they introduced a smart warranty program(that too 2-3 weeks after I bought the S7E) and that should be purchased before purchasing the phone.
    3. The smart warranty is done with the help of some third party dealer, and costs around 200$

So, Today I went to the samsung service centre, saw my phone, with smile, she said 370$ sir, and showed me a bunch of s7s kept sealed for repair. Well, FU*K I look at my phone and said, not yet my love
    05-18-2016 02:22 PM
    UPDATE #1 :
    First visited samsung showroom, they directed me to the service centre. Visited service centre. 370$ exact, around 70$ more than what the showroom salesman had said.
    And yes, they said they would repair it and not replace it.

Meanwhile, a local shop(friend of a friend) said they could do it for 150$. But they themselves aren't sure if they can do it successfully without cracking the back panel. Also it will void the warranty.

So not sure what I'm supposed to do .... can't leave this beauty and go for a cheaper alternative :/ Any advice?
    05-18-2016 02:29 PM
    UPDATE #1 :
    First visited samsung showroom, they directed me to the service centre. Visited service centre. 370$ exact, around 70$ more than what the showroom salesman had said.
    And yes, they said they would repair it and not replace it.

Meanwhile, a local shop(friend of a friend) said they could do it for 150$. But they themselves aren't sure if they can do it successfully without cracking the back panel. Also it will void the warranty.

So not sure what I'm supposed to do .... can't leave this beauty and go for a cheaper alternative :/ Any advice?
    From my understanding it's around $270-$300 to replace the front glass + LCD for the US folks too. It's about $70 for just the back glass (I just got my phone back today from Samsung repair cause I shattered the back glass) so I'm assuming the bulk of that repair charge is on labor and the LCD parts.
    05-18-2016 03:05 PM
    Interesting. I live in Canada. Our dollar is .75 cents USD. I have a s7 and my screen broke after one week from falling from my bed. I sent it to a Samsung service repair center. The cost was $150 plus tx to replace. That would be around $115 USD. No more. Kind of strange that your s7 edge would be SO much more expensive. Here in Canada, Samsung has just one repair center per province. So we have to ship and it takes between 5 to 7 open business days to come back. I am kind of mad. Iphone stores are in every cities... they replace their screen on the spot for $80.

Dont get me wrong, I am not a fan of iphones. However, I am extremely disappointed about the flaws of that new "super heavy duty gorilla concept... lol and re-lol).
    05-19-2016 03:37 PM
    Ouch .
    05-19-2016 03:56 PM
    Not complaining since it was my fault.

Also, their after sales service is very quick and responsive here. but the cost is 370$
    Yeah, must be the labour charges. I did not give mine for repair yet. This is basically half the price for which I had bought my s7 edge.
    Gorilla glass 4? naaah... All o these crack, maybe takes more effort than the old ones. My friend's s7(not edge) he sat on it accidentally and hello! gorilla glass to the rescue!
    05-27-2016 04:07 AM
    How much did samsung centre asked you in Rs? Same case! But everything's perfect! Just the crack on one of the sides!
    06-13-2016 07:05 PM