Ok this is weird

When I charged my phone with the wireless charging stand yesterday my battery life was not very good yesterday but via the plug today battery life is great

Anybody else noticed this?
    05-15-2016 08:08 AM
    This is probably due to the Smart charging feature. I believe the charging cycles between 95% and 100%. Sometimes you will see a rapid drop off after removing from a charger due to the cycling effect. I usually check email and pop it back on to top it off and it is good to go for the day.

Posted via the Android Central App
    05-15-2016 08:36 AM
    If you remove the phone the moment it indicates 100%, it's probably charged to about 02%. (It's due to the nature of batteries and the fact that the charging voltage has to be higher than the battery voltage - water runs downhill.) Charge it on the wireless charger, but leave it on for at least 30 minutes after it reaches 100%. (Experiment - due to the wide variety of chargers and receivers, you may have to leave it on for an hour.)
    05-15-2016 10:58 AM
    ICharge it on the wireless charger, but leave it on for at least 30 minutes after it reaches 100%.
    +1 on this. I use a wireless and get between two and three days with my S7e if I'm not doing a lot or browsing.
    05-15-2016 11:42 AM
    Ok this is weird

When I charged my phone with the wireless charging stand yesterday my battery life was not very good yesterday but via the plug today battery life is great

Anybody else noticed this?
    What do "not very good" and "great" mean? Without some meaningful data, no one can give you a meaningful answer. Were you in the same places both days, doing the same things on your phone, using the same connection (WiFi vs. LTE)? If the answer to that question is no, then who knows why you got better life one day than the other.
    05-15-2016 01:38 PM
    What do "not very good" and "great" mean? Without some meaningful data, no one can give you a meaningful answer. Were you in the same places both days, doing the same things on your phone, using the same connection (WiFi vs. LTE)? If the answer to that question is no, then who knows why you got better life one day than the other.
    Well for example I Had 51 mins Screen on time at 90% today but yesterday I had 1 hour, 20 mins on screen time when my phone was on 50%
    05-15-2016 01:55 PM
    Without knowing what you were doing when the screen was on, and what was happening when the screen was off, who knows why? If yesterday was in a really weak signal area with no WiFi, and today was on WiFi in a strong signal area, that could be the reason. Or maybe the screen time yesterday was playing a CPU and GPU intensive game, and today was just surfing the internet.

That's why collecting actual data, like details from the battery usage screen and/or apps like GSAM are so important when it comes to answering battery life questions.

But to answer your basic question, a full charge is a full charge, whether it comes from wireless or wired. The battery tells the phone when it's charged, and the phone shuts down the charging circuit, not the other way around.
    Bag of Leaves likes this.
    05-15-2016 03:29 PM