Hi, everyone! Long member, first post.

This is driving me nuts and I can usually figure out how to do stuff myself. I set up my work email to send me text notifications when I get new email (I can't add my work email account to my phone). Since this isn't a normal text, I would like to set a custom notification for texts from Outlook.

When I got the first text, I added the email address to my contacts. Note that the texts are sent from an email address, not a phone number.

Within the messages app (the stock Samsung one), I clicked "More" and selected "view contact details". From there, I can add custom sounds for both the ringtone and the message sound for the contact.

I've changed both of those, but I still get the same notification that I get for other texts. I've tried a lot of things and did lots of Google searches and lots of reading posts on this site and I can't find anyway to do this. Can anyone help me? Thanks in advance!
    05-15-2016 02:19 PM
    Sometimes once you select these, there is a save button in the upper right that you have to press or the sound won't save. I know it sounds silly, but I have just hit the back button loads of times, just assuming it auto saved. Make sure you double check that! And glad to see you on here, btw! Welcome!
    05-16-2016 08:20 AM
    Thank you for your reply and thanks for the welcome!

I just double checked, and sure enough, both the ringtone and message tone are set to my custom sound. Could the problem be that the contact doesn't have a phone number? Or maybe because the text comes from an email address?

Thanks again!
    05-16-2016 08:25 AM
    I'm sorry - did I post this in the wrong place?

Posted via the Android Central App
    05-17-2016 07:04 AM