Is there a way to prevent the Edge Panel from being used on the Lock Screen? I didn't realize until today that it was on there and apps could be used without a person getting past security (fingerprint). I realized it when I installed several of the new Edge Panels that just came out and two of them have the option of hiding the contents of the panels on the Lock Screen. I noticed that I could open one of the apps I have in the regular app panel (which doesn't have the option of being hidden) without a fingerprint (after turning Smart Lock off for my home) and then push the back button to get to the home screen. I have apps on my panels that I don't want anyone to have access to for security reasons, not to mention the rest of my phone. I don't see an option to turn off the Edge Panel on the Lock Screen, but I figured I would ask in case it is in a spot I wasn't looking.
    05-16-2016 02:40 AM
    You shouldn't be able to access them unless you put your fingerprint or password in
    05-16-2016 02:44 AM
    You shouldn't be able to access them unless you put your fingerprint or password in
    That's what I thought, but I was able to when I tried it. The Lock Screen message was asking for my fingerprint instead of saying swipe, but I was able to open SplashID (app to store passwords, credit card information, etc. in) and then when I tapped the back button, thought it would go back to the Lock Screen, but it went to the Home Screen. I will try it again the next time I am away from home to see if it was just a weird fluke even though I turned Smart Lock off for my home when testing it - hopefully it was just a fluke! I did turn off the Lock Screen viewing of the Wunderlist (To-do List) Panel and Chrome Bookmarks Panel.
    05-16-2016 03:00 AM
    That's what I thought, but I was able to when I tried it. The Lock Screen message was asking for my fingerprint instead of saying swipe, but I was able to open SplashID (app to store passwords, credit card information, etc. in) and then when I tapped the back button, thought it would go back to the Lock Screen, but it went to the Home Screen. I will try it again the next time I am away from home to see if it was just a weird fluke even though I turned Smart Lock off for my home when testing it - hopefully it was just a fluke! I did turn off the Lock Screen viewing of the Wunderlist (To-do List) Panel and Chrome Bookmarks Panel.
    That's odd as I tried to do it bit wouldn't let me without fingerprint or password
    05-16-2016 03:06 AM
    That's odd as I tried to do it bit wouldn't let me without fingerprint or password
    Glad it normally works like that! Mine was probably a fluke due to the Smart Lock.
    05-16-2016 03:33 AM
    I was able to use the edge function on the lock screen also. I am also using smartlock.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Bag of Leaves likes this.
    05-16-2016 04:16 AM
    On mine I noticed you can flip to contacts, stocks and news but not open them. Still, shouldn't go that far.
    05-16-2016 12:39 PM
    For me, if the screen is actually locked (not bypassed by Smartlock), I'm always prompted for a PIN or fingerprint when I try to open one of the apps.
    05-16-2016 07:23 PM
    I can't open any apps without putting in my fingerprint or pattern. I don't have smart lock enabled. Maybe that's what the problem is.
    05-16-2016 09:00 PM
    On mine I noticed you can flip to contacts, stocks and news but not open them. Still, shouldn't go that far.
    Yeah, I wish there was an option to not even have it seen on the Lock Screen. Whether you have to put your passcode/fingerprint in before or after you open it makes no difference in time/number of taps, so I would rather have to unlock the phone before the Edge Panel becomes visible. You can choose not to have the Samsung Pay swipe-up tab (looks like the Edge Panel tab when closed, but on the bottom of the screen) on the Lock Screen.
    05-17-2016 09:19 PM